Fall from Heaven: Age of Ice

There were groupies??? Aw, shucks, noone tells me anything:(

*Insert blank look of amazement here*

Holy crap. And here I was expecting a mildly updated version of FFH1 to be included in BtS. I agree with those who said BtS seems like it'll be a killer expansion - in fact, I'd go so far as to say it looks to be the best Civ expansion yet.

I know I said something similar when the first Fire details were announced, but I'll say it again; you guys just don't dissapoint.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I should go fetch a rag to clean up all this drool.

What was it like working for Firaxis? did you get paid? or did they treat you like slave labor working on part of there glorious expansion for free? :D

No pay, it was just for fun. The guys at Firaxis are awesome. They certainly never treated us badly, but they didn't pander to us either. They treated us like professionals and expected us to respond as such (that was never a problem). We had deadlines, and Firaxis was quick to compliment the stuff they liked and offered constructive critism to the things they didnt like (and we always had the freedom to disregard that feedback and do whatever we thought was best).

I was so glad the entire team got to be involved in the process, and many made significant contributions to non-AoI parts of the expansion. We were never treated like "lowly community modders" and any feedback we offered was considered equally with that of everyone else, Firaxis employee or not.

Personally it was one of the greatest honors of my life and I am very proud of AoI and BtS.

I was so glad the entire team got to be involved in the process, and many made significant contributions to non-AoI parts of the expansion.
In my case the opposite happened. I had a hand in another BtS fan Mod (Dale's WWII Mod) - after that was done, I saw the thread for AoI, and said, 'this looks really cool', which led to my volunteering, and then led me to here.

I had no idea that there was a FfH before that...In fact, I have only been playing FfH for a month so far.

Best thing is, Firaxis let us include all our Art, without making a big deal out of Polycount, filesize or nifedited content.
And I am really happy that we were able to keep the deadline ;)

Was a great experience to work on a project like this (while i did not really get in contact with Firaxis, because they never said anything about my Units).

Hope you guys will enjoy playing it as much as we enjoyed creating it!

Hope you guys will enjoy playing it as much as we enjoyed creating it!
I'm truly confident in saying that they most certainly will.

You folks simply amaze me.

I think the guys at work must be wondering why I'm blushing.:blush:

I wasn't really expecting BtS until I saw this. All I can say is: incredible ! You guys were fantastic to continue working normally on the mod plus on this scenario for Firaxis. 35 days to BtS, man they looked so near this morning, and so far now... :D

can you play as the Doviello or Mulcarn civs (to destroy the world instead of saving it...)?

No pay, it was just for fun.
Personally it was one of the greatest honors of my life and I am very proud of AoI and BtS.

Thats great you guys did it for fun, and it is great to have your name associated with something as great as Civ.

Even just from the number of people who have commented on this forum about previously not being interested in BTS (myself included), they are going to sell a good number of copies based on the inclusion of AoI. I think you should make them donate to UNICEF as per your request when people asked about donating to the team. Gives them a good name too.

My jaw is on the floor. I cannot even begin to imagine how awesome this must feel for you guys, and you deserve every bit of it. Congratulations again!

Also, the fact that you chose to let the player play Amurites and deny magic to the AI might have been a VERY smart choice. It's also part of brilliant game design to know how to cover your not-yet-perfect spots.

And it really looks awesome. I also hope that developing AoI gave you plenty of code that'll speed Shadow along (since it's already on the BtS codebase).

Again, congratulations, and this is so freaking awesome! Rock on!

I will get the expansion pack BtS if it's required to play FFH. Also the new types of games (galciv like, role playing, etc) are very interesting.
I was ready to purchase Warlords if FFH need it.

What I don't understand completely is, in BtS the FFH version is not Shadow, but a special sub-mod?

What I don't understand completely is, in BtS the FFH version is not Shadow, but a special sub-mod?
Not a mod as such, a scenario - i.e. a fixed (and rather interesting, it seems) map, fixed start locations, fixed civilisations. It takes place before the Age of Rebirth in which FfH is set, detailing the end of the Age of Ice (see Dawn of Man screen). Shadow will be the next version after 0.23(and patches) and will require BtS to play, but won't be released for a while given that it's apparently not started yet. That said, it's a sure thing that making AoI will have given a jump start to switching to the new codebase (and indeed influenced said codebase - I *knew* that "Unique art without requiring a unique unit" thing I saw in a changelog somewhere was Kael's doing :p)

We can't start converting all of FfH to BtS until BtS is signed, sealed and delivered, you know. As they say in the chat, BtS is close to finished, but not completely done yet.

Ok, thanks for the answers.

Top Bottom