PH13: The Book and the Hammer

Aaah, an interesting game you've got going, meinen Herren. SE game with a late switch to GE's and war. I'll be definitely lurking this one. I would have liked to participate in this one, but I guess the two open spots in Pholk's first post are already taken :)
Count me in as an alternate if you will.

I loaded the game, and Frankfurt is empty. I don't want to tempt fate. Can we get an axe there please?

I never thought I would suggest it, but is Berlin our GP farm? 5 flood plains farms along with a rice tile are hard to beat.

I would really like sailing to start getting some foreign trade.

Got it.

I don't think I like our capital as our GP farm. I'd go with one of the jungle cities which we can uber-irrigate later.

T0 1AD - I open up the save and sad to see that our red dot location has already been settled by Louis :mad:
Gift Mysticism to Toku, Trade Alphabet for Math (Gandhi)

T3 75AD - We have a sad number of workers... time to produce some more

T4 100AD - I'm going to shortly pause here since I notice Gandhi already has Aesthetics and Literature does not appear on his "Can Research" list, so I assume that he already has it, and is building the GL. Do we want to switch our research to Literature or give it up?

Secondly, do we want to found a city in place of the red dot? The only city with a food bonus would be to settle ON the horses to get the fish, but we will still get the gold

On the red dot question - where is our economy?

I would research literature. With us having the GE we still have a chance. We do need to agree on the GP farm ASAP so that we can send the engineer there.

If we can afford it, do it. Settler is in Essen, remember.

GPfarm- that city with Pigs or the Capital if we will not get Civil Service in a decent time.

I say settle on the horses.

Also, go for literature. With the GE we only need to have a library there and are so pretty likely to get it. If we miss, well, we'll still be able to build the epics... :rolleyes:

I swear that I posted something after Quotey, but I must have closed the window before posting...

I meant to say that I would move the settler and axe to the horses location and wait for our economy to improve and that I was rather disappointed to see the settler holed up in Essen, since we probably could have snagged the previous red dot.

As Lee said, we're going to need to decide our GP farm location, but my turnset will end before we need to decide anyways, so I'll continue.

We could not afford another city at red dot. We were losing money at 0% and the settler/axeman was costing us money at the time for being out of borders. I had 5 gold to play around with.

T4 100AD - Research switched to Aesthetics

IBT - Louis founds on the horses :mad: :mad: :mad: ...ends THAT argument. :rolleyes:

T6 150AD - Frankfurt is officially defended

T7 175AD - Trade Math to Louis for Poly and Sailing, which immediately boosts us up an extra 8 GPT... why didn't we think of that earlier? :lol:

T12 300AD - We get another GE in Berlin :crazyeye:

T13 325AD - We have Judaism now (Hamburg)

T14 350AD - Aesthetics in; Literature in 5

...Sire, we have news that a warring maniac has declared war on us and has brought with him an impressive army

The missionaries are coming! The missionaries are coming!

Attachments

• PH13 AD-0350.CivBeyondSwordSave
    177.4 KB · Views: 97
WTH - Gandhi declares war?????????????????
I think that is a warning we need troops now.
I wonder if naked Frankfurt is what attracted his attention.

I think I never saw gandhi Dowing me besides Random personalities ( we're not in it ,are we? ;) ) ... And his attack force is ... somewhat.... optimistic :lol:

Do our rules prevent us of giving Gandhi a proper beating ( my reading is that it doesn't ) ? either way we should destroy some units from Gandhi, to prevent dogpile.

What? Huh? Eh? Gandhi? Wow.

We could settle Pink Dot now, I think. Close to capital and everything.

I think we should raze Bombay, Classical era or not. Germany is angry, and we want our Iron!

:lol: Nice one :goodjob:

Dunno, maybe we can (=are allowed to) capture 1-3 of his cities before peace? His SOD really isn't that impressive...

Who's goin' to have all that fun? :hammer:

wow! good turns, Kodii. In my set, i didn't think we'd have much room in the economy to settle the new city, so quotey made the right move sending him back i think.

gandhi? now THAT is funny. it definitely must've been the empty city! :lol: though the missionary army is somewhat in character, and ironic. in the traditional RB Honorable ruleset, you can eradicate anyone who DoWs on you, and i wouldn't be opposed to that being the case in this game. We just can't aggressively and premptively declare on anyone until the Ind era.

Roster
pholkhero
Quotey
Kodii >> just played
r_rolo >> UP NOW
LKendter >> on deck
mystyfly

Ok, I gt it then I wsn't aware it was me ;) ).

I'm not so in the idea of capturing Gandhi cities... We simply don't have enough economy to sustain it by now.... How about to maintain a drole de guerre ( for those that don't know French, something like a false war ) with Gandhi until we are ready to capture them? We're pretty early in the game and WW is not a big issue

Bombay is stealing an Iron tile from... Frankfurt? I just want to Raze it. Keep up our drole de guerre until we can. It's more out of spite than anyhting else, though.

Top Bottom