[RFC] Ad Kalendas Graecas

Happy Birthday!!

...Meh...

FINALE: PART II OF II

Spoiler :

And so, even with the Ottoman Wars concluded, and expansion at a standstill. Pericles still was able to keep his Mighty empire respectable. With tensions against Mehmed lessening, and a Cultural rebirth beginning, a new era of stability had been entered by the Islamic Greek Caliphate. It was still one of Europes largest empires and still commaneded three powerful cities across three continents.

Spoiler :

At last in the 1700s Pericles even dropped his age old Phalanx formation in favor of the Ottoman introduced Weaponry known as guns. While Pericles had at first scoffed at the Weapons, calling them unneeded and that the Blade will always be superior, it seemed at at this point the time had finally come to modernize. And so, in a hopeful effort to keep up with the Ottoman armies, Pericles began to train a vast force of Musketmen.

Spoiler :

But then disaster struck, Mehmed had been disposed by a new more unpredictable Leader, witht he name of Suleiman. Apparently his Family had been killed in the Graeco-Ottoman wars of old, and Revenge was the first topic at hand when he came to power. Luckilly, this time Pericles was Prepared, and sent his Musket armed forces straight for Sogut, the Ottoman Capitol.

Spoiler :

But much to Pericles dispair, he quickly learned that the Ottomans had moved pass the Musket, and were now using Rifles and their weapon of Choice. At first only ground forces were equipped with the new weapon type. Which quickly showed its prowess when it was used against Pericles and in the siege of Sogut. The Land troops alone were enough to take Tyre from the Greeks.

Spoiler :

But the Fatal blow came from the new Cavalry of the Ottomans, while the Greek forces held off the Ottomans just fine in Babylon up until this point, these vastly powerful new units wasted no time in ripping through Greek defenses. The gains of the Caliphate in the Middle East were quickly lost to Ottoman Forces. Now the Greeks were no longer falling, but tumbling into a pit in which they could not climb out of.

Spoiler :

Indeed, as Cities seceeded and the Ottomans advanced on Greece proper, Pericles saw his dream finally slip through his fingers, never to return. The day had come, the day that Ramsesses prophisesed all those years ago. The Ottomans were at the gates of the last Greek city, Athens itself, and Pericles was helpless to stop their superior forces.

Spoiler :

Suleiman stepped into the House of Pericles.
"As much as I hate what you did to me, and my family. I'm going to give you a choice." The Turk stated bluntly, a Rifle pointed at Pericles' skull, " You're the last truly old and wise leader on this Planet, and you're a brother of the faith. I'll let you be a high advisor to my empire, and I could truely use your aid, if you swear alligence to the Ottomans here and now." Pericles just laughed, and then stared right through Suleiman's eyes.
"A long time ago, I was confronting a friend of mine who I had gone to war with. I was in the throne room and I gave him the same speech you just gave me. He said a certian phrase that always stuck with me in reply, and then said I would have to give the same response some day. I guess he was right. Do you want to hear the line Suleiman?" The Ottoman Emperor rasied an Eyebrow, and listened,

"You'll have to pry this empire from my cold dead hands." There was then a moment of Hesitation, a Rifle Shot, and from that day on, a Turkish Flag flew in Athens. The history of the Greeks, ended.
---------------------------------
Well that's all folks.
In other announcements, I'm NOT sure if I will do a Venice run. I did a test run to get the feel of them and it was a VERY boring game. If I don't do the Venice run, I'll just surprise you guys with something.

We all mourn the loss of the greeks. I give an honorable mention trophy: :trophy3rd:

Dammit, Krug.

It seriously all fell apart at the end there, nobody would trade anything with me, but if I increased the Tech Bar, my units would just go on strike fast. So I either would somehow have to culture my way out of this (Which I was going for), but then the Trololololo Ottomans decided it was War time.

-Cough- WB your way out -Cough-

...Kidding, kidding.

Top Bottom