[BtS] "Mars, Now!"

It is best mod that i ever saw, thank you. But terraforming(all map become ocean) bring me mad. Maybe yo can say how to turn it off? (Until be found a way to solve this problem)

Like GarretSidzaka already said, "Mars, Now" has been mentioned on Modcast 30: Bad Elves :dance:.

Yup, It is in C:\Programe files\Firaxis games\Sid meier's civilization 4\Beyond the sword\Mods
I was use hot keys to work around the lack of interface, but then I got a Great person and couldn't get him to do anything but move and fortify. I am trying to play on my roomies comp to see if that makes a difference.

Did you try it out? Has anything changed?

WOW I **loved** this mod in Civ2--I'm very very pleased to see this! I can't wait to try it out!

Thanks for the compliments :).

It is best mod that i ever saw, thank you.

Like above: Thank you for the compliments.
But you should try out Fall from Heaven 2 or Planetfall, they are even better ;).

But terraforming(all map become ocean) bring me mad. Maybe yo can say how to turn it off? (Until be found a way to solve this problem)

I'm not sitting at my Civ-pc, so i have to tell you out of my memory what's to do.
Open the marsjetzt-v02\Assets\GlobalDefines.xml with an editor (notepad, wordpad, etc), and search for "global warming" or "meltdown" (one of the things will do it, i hope). There should be a high value, set it to 0 to get rid of the global warming.
You'll still get the messages, but there'll be no effect.

Changing global warming, so that it doesn't destroy units and resources, is really the next thing on my to-do-list, but i have a really big lack of time :(.

Yes it works on his comp, but his civ4BTS is unpatched, so it crashes ever 15-20 turns. Nothind has changed on my comp, still no interface.

The mod is great, thank you very much for it.

I have a lot of CTDs, and I remarked that most of them occur on entering a field with sandstorm/magnetic storm. There are only a few CTDs without such a field, and some of them I guess that at the turn of the AI the same occurs. Sometimes I have a CTD when a unit on a storm becomes the active one, but that is seldom.
Often, but not every time I think, there is a river involved, too.
It is one field, I cannot entry with any unit from certain directions, when I enter the field, there is a CTD.
I am starting the worldbuilder at the beginning and several times, this reduces the CTDs a lot. Without doing this, I couldn't play anymore, restart almost every turn in some games. (There are games without CTDs, too).

Sometimes I have a CTD when a unit becomes the active one without moving, but this case is seldom. All the CTDs are reproducable - move again on the field, CTD again. If I don't move there and wait until the next round - no CTD. One time I had no CTD coming from another field with a step within, but from two other fields, CTD again.

Hope you will succeed with resolving the problems at this great mod.

P.S. The lost of buildings is in any game I think. One time I had: "You built a physic lab, recommended is building a physic lab." In this game, I built the physic lab about 9 times in the capital city, I think.
Also very often sea gardens and so one like already written.

Greetings,
Yin
(with Vista, BTS .17 and so on)

Yes it works on his comp, but his civ4BTS is unpatched, so it crashes ever 15-20 turns. Nothind has changed on my comp, still no interface.

Do you have any other version than civ + BtS from CD/DVD (both separate)?

The mod is great, thank you very much for it.

I have a lot of CTDs, and I remarked that most of them occur on entering a field with sandstorm/magnetic storm. There are only a few CTDs without such a field, and some of them I guess that at the turn of the AI the same occurs. Sometimes I have a CTD when a unit on a storm becomes the active one, but that is seldom.
Often, but not every time I think, there is a river involved, too.
It is one field, I cannot entry with any unit from certain directions, when I enter the field, there is a CTD.
I am starting the worldbuilder at the beginning and several times, this reduces the CTDs a lot. Without doing this, I couldn't play anymore, restart almost every turn in some games. (There are games without CTDs, too).

Sometimes I have a CTD when a unit becomes the active one without moving, but this case is seldom. All the CTDs are reproducable - move again on the field, CTD again. If I don't move there and wait until the next round - no CTD. One time I had no CTD coming from another field with a step within, but from two other fields, CTD again.

Hope you will succeed with resolving the problems at this great mod.

Thanks for the analyse.
I didn't think, that the graphics could really cause such problems, because they are from civ.
But maybe there's a glitch with the effects, which i didn't think off. I'll have to look at it.

P.S. The lost of buildings is in any game I think. One time I had: "You built a physic lab, recommended is building a physic lab." In this game, I built the physic lab about 9 times in the capital city, I think.
Also very often sea gardens and so one like already written.

Greetings,
Yin
(with Vista, BTS .17 and so on)

Is the latest patch for my mod installed?

Civ4 with C4W and BtS all on separate CD/DVDs. I have the official patch, but not the unofficial patch.

I'm not sitting at my Civ-pc, so i have to tell you out of my memory what's to do.
Open the marsjetzt-v02\Assets\GlobalDefines.xml with an editor (notepad, wordpad, etc), and search for "global warming" or "meltdown" (one of the things will do it, i hope). There should be a high value, set it to 0 to get rid of the global warming.
You'll still get the messages, but there'll be no effect.
Yep. It is:
<DefineName>GLOBAL_WARMING_PROB</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>20</iDefineIntVal>
Thanks, that`s work nice.

Like above: Thank you for the compliments.
But you should try out Fall from Heaven 2 or Planetfall, they are even better ;).
I have allready tried Fall from Heaven 2 and Planetfall. Your mod is better.

Changing global warming, so that it doesn't destroy units and resources, is really the next thing on my to-do-list, but i have a really big lack of time :(.
We will wait. :)

Civ4 with C4W and BtS all on separate CD/DVDs. I have the official patch, but not the unofficial patch.

:confused: strange.
I don't know, where the issue is.
Could you please delete your "marsjetzt-v02\assets\python" folder and replace it with this.
It solves an error, which shouldn't appear on your system, but you never know.
The change will not affect savegames.

I have allready tried Fall from Heaven 2 and Planetfall. Your mod is better.

:cooool:
But you heave to be insane, however you're welcome :D.

Patch D
Will break savegames!
The installer finds automatically the BtS folder, you mustn't change it to the "marsjetzt-v02" folder
Includes patches A, B, C and all hotfixes.

Bugfixes:
- Fixed a bug, which could lead to a gamecrash when declaring independence
- All oceanplots have now freshwater (so it doesn't change from saltwater to freshwater during the terraforming process)
- Religious wonders need now a state religion

Misc:
- 4 texts (Panzerkunst [Yggdrasil], Mercenary [kaskrin16], First Contact To Earth [Danieldej], Clone Army [Edu]) added.
- New symbol for chemical weapons promotion (by .lpw)
- civic "Technophob" can now build buildings
- Exchanged the units "Locust" and "Marauder"
- Mars18 map has know again random civs/starting places
- changed 4 events a bit, so that they better fit
- Mapscript LD_Mirror_Inland_Sea from LDeska added (doesn't create an inland sea in my mod, but is a balanced script)

The installer/the script for the installer is by phungus420

I'm also working on my own .dll, so that terraforming doesn't destroy units and resources, but this will last some time :(.

I had an idea regarding the terraforming. It is a bit odd to have the entire planet turning to a big ocean, so I thought about adding a new terrain feature: lowlands. These would represent lowlying areas where water would gather, and eventualy become oceans. They would be the only tiles to turn into water, and would tend to clump together. This would ensure your colonies would not turn into unproductive island cities, while at the same time adding some extra strategy ("if I build the city here, it will eventualy be on the coast, but I might loose access to the iron out on the lowlands, witch would be the main reason for the city in the first place" etc.)

What do you think? it would make it possible to make a "Map of Mars"-type scenarios, but it might be a bit tricky to implement?

I had an idea regarding the terraforming. It is a bit odd to have the entire planet turning to a big ocean, so I thought about adding a new terrain feature: lowlands. These would represent lowlying areas where water would gather, and eventualy become oceans. They would be the only tiles to turn into water, and would tend to clump together. This would ensure your colonies would not turn into unproductive island cities, while at the same time adding some extra strategy ("if I build the city here, it will eventualy be on the coast, but I might loose access to the iron out on the lowlands, witch would be the main reason for the city in the first place" etc.)

What do you think? it would make it possible to make a "Map of Mars"-type scenarios, but it might be a bit tricky to implement?

The idea is good, i like it :).

Tricky to implement: Yes, and no.
Keldath is using a lowered terrain in his dune mod, so it can be done.
The problem is, that it would really look weird, when one part turns into water and it has other lower parts around it, because there would be no difference in heigt.
I also don't know, if the map-generator would place the terrain.

It's a nice idea, i will try to implement it, when i'm finished with bug-tracking.

I've already finished version 0.3, where i've reworked the terraforming, so that it will not destroy resources and units, and i've also added the uniqe powers (for expample see the picture attached), but it seems, that stability has even gone worse :(.

Atm, i can say, that the CtDs are not related to:
- Unit grahics
- Building graphics
- Leaderhead graphics
- Feature graphics
- Python code

The next things to check are the bonuses/improvements and the f****** PlotLSystem.xml, i think, there's the problem.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 174
V0.3 is up!

It's an executable file. Just download and install it. It will automatically find your BtS\Mods folder, you mustn't add anything, just click "next" everytime.

Installation script is provided by phungus and Niknaks :).

There should also be no more problems with Windows Vista :).

Bugsfixes:
- Runs now stable (i hope)!
- Fixed terraforming: No more resources and units are destroyed!
- Fixed a bug, which could lead to crashes when declaring independence
- Fixed a displaying bug, which could change the marauder model to the locust model

Balancing:
- Removed all prereqs from the exploring tank
- builing/researching time raised by 50%
- Assasins can now perform paradrops

Additions:
- Espionage can now be built
- New Life 2.0 civic: esoteric society
- New assasin model (by mechaerik)
- Added SDK-modcomp Examine City On Conquest by smeagolheart
- Unique Powers: Every civilization has special abilites
  • NASA: starts with christianity.
  • Israel: " " judaism.
  • OPEC: " " islam; Has automatically oil in every city.
  • ISRO: " " hinduism.
  • JAXA: " " shintoism; UB robot factory.
  • China: special mines (+1:hammers:).
  • Russia: UU Mammoth Tank (model by Krugerpritz)
  • The Jail: Gets random techs through conquering cities
  • Korea: UU Plasma Infantry (model by Zerver)
  • Africa: Faster "Cottages"
  • ESA: UB for townhall with more :)
  • Mars Colonists: Can "request" water and oxygen in every city, without "first contact to earth".
  • South America: Gets money (50 gold), when cities grows bigger than 12; all peaks in the FCs are transformed to hills.
  • Canada: All canadian troops, which are built on mars, get the "snowman" promotin (+20% snow combat)
  • Private Space Explorers: Do not need roads for resouce connection and for trade routes

The unique powers are not balanced, but it's just the beginning, i hope :).
I need ideas!

Also the new terraforming has to be playtested, i don't know, if it's enough or not.

Some modder may be interested, what caused the CtDs.
Atm, i don't know it.
I've changed two things (after a bit testing [3 days]).
File: BonusInfos.xml
- I removed all shader.nifs, which weren't nifs with shaders. At the beginning, i thought, it will not hurt anybody, when i have the normal .nif named in the files also as shader.nifs, so i didn't change the whole entry, only the file. Seems to have been a big mistake.
- I removed a unit, which worked as resource.
After doing this, i had a stable game until round 120 (didn't have more time :().
I'll test, what the reason was.

Attached is an example picture for the unique powers :).

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 206
This MOD looks incredible. You must have put a lot of effort into making this work. However, I downloaded it and it crashes upon launch. :nuke: Is this compatible with BTS version 3.17?

Hey The_J

Just a minor thing, you should use the Icon installer script, so your mod has a Red Planet icon, that'd look cool. :cool:
Getting an icon is easy, just ask for one in the Graphics thread, Deon made me one a day.

The_J,

hey,

i had a crash in my overlord mod, that was related to the bonuses and improvmenets,
it was very hard to track, and i could put my finger on it,

when do you hace the ctd? is it mostly at the same time? after a speciphic turns?
try removing all things connected to the improvments plotslsystem and bonus, a reverse engineering is needed, then see if the ctd continues.

good luck!

:blush: i forgot to mention:
- New model for the wormhole wonder added (model converted by Walter_Hawkwood)

To record it: Version 0.2 had 3109 downloads :trophy:.

Mars, wow!:goodjob:

:lol: & thanks :).

This MOD looks incredible. You must have put a lot of effort into making this work. However, I downloaded it and it crashes upon launch. :nuke: Is this compatible with BTS version 3.17?

Sure, it's developed under 3.17.
Do you have an other version of BtS, like Steam or CivComplete?

And thanks for the compliments, but most of them have to go to the great artists here.

Hey The_J

Just a minor thing, you should use the Icon installer script, so your mod has a Red Planet icon, that'd look cool. :cool:
Getting an icon is easy, just ask for one in the Graphics thread, Deon made me one a day.

I've seen your icons :cool:.

When i have time, i'll ask :).

If the problem is in the PlotLSystem, let me know if I can help. (PM)

Thanks for the offer :).

But it doesn't seem to be a problem with the PlotLSystem.xml, and the errors i get because of that file, are minor things.

The_J,

hey,

i had a crash in my overlord mod, that was related to the bonuses and improvmenets,
it was very hard to track, and i could put my finger on it,

when do you hace the ctd? is it mostly at the same time? after a speciphic turns?
try removing all things connected to the improvments plotslsystem and bonus, a reverse engineering is needed, then see if the ctd continues.

good luck!

Yes + no, the error appeard at random plots at random times, but in the round, when it appeard, it was constant at the plot.

And read a bit more precise ;): I've done, what you've said.
Didn't find the error exactly (2 alternatives atm), but the current situation is fine for me :).

Due to the CTDs I haven't played this mod much, but I've been keeping an eye on it to see if there's anything I can steal...ahem...I mean...I guess it sounds like I'll get the latest and give it another try. But regarding the terraforming discussion,

The problem is, that it would really look weird, when one part turns into water and it has other lower parts around it, because there would be no difference in heigt.
I also don't know, if the map-generator would place the terrain.

It's a nice idea, i will try to implement it, when i'm finished with bug-tracking.

Just have one particular terrain be replaced by coast, no need for a new terrain type. It only takes a small height difference for water to flow down, so it will be perfectly believable, and once it becomes a part of the game mileaux everybody just understands that Ice terrain, for example, will melt and become water.

In the eden part of CvEventManager you have
Code:
if ( pPlot.getTeam()==pTID and not pPlot.isCity()):
	if ( pPlot.isPeak()==true  ):
		pPlot.setPlotType(PlotTypes.PLOT_LAND, True, True)
	elif ( pPlot.isHills()==true  ):
	else :
	             pPlot.setTerrainType(gc.getInfoTypeForString( "TERRAIN_COAST" ), 1, 1)

and instead could have
Code:
if ( pPlot.getTeam()==pTID and not pPlot.isCity()):
	if ( pPlot.isPeak()==true  ):
		pPlot.setPlotType(PlotTypes.PLOT_HILLS, True, True)
	elif ( pPlot.isHills()==true  ):
	elif ( pPlot.getTerrainType()==tt_snow ):
		pPlot.setTerrainType(gc.getInfoTypeForString( "TERRAIN_COAST" ), 1, 1)

I think.

Top Bottom