Land of the Rus

Yes probably, though this varies from civ to civ as some civs have better stability maps and toleration for expansion. Also as sea tiles do not count as territory (which pretty much measures the expansion stability), cities with lots of sea tiles in their BFC makes expansion easier. For example with England I have managed to have over 50 cities without collapsing. On the other Russia encompasses so much land and very little sea, that I doubt that Russia can ever reach that many cities.

Well yes you can, just bunch them up like nody does. :D

Well although watching Nody's story was a pleasure, I doubt that I'll want Russia to be that crowded.:D

Its very rare to see a vassal who is annoyed or Furious towards you

Really? Happens all the time in my games.

-12 You razed our cities!
-4 You have traded with our worst enemies!
-3 You declared war on us!
:p

Then they become pleased or friendly:
+4 Our defensive pact proves that we're close friends. (more when you're at war with multiple enemies)
+1 We appreciate the years you've provided us with resources.
But most of all:
+16 You liberated our cities! :lol:

After the magnificent victory in the East, Stalin concentrated his efforts on the western front. The situation was at a standstill as De Gaulle had assembled his armies to Frankfurt and the Soviet troops were being gathered in Berlin.

However, in December 1945 Stalin finally gave orders to his generals to move against Frankfurt and France's main army. Only couple days later the Soviet generals launched a major attack, that included the 1st, 3rd, 9th, 10th, 11th, 13th, 18th, 19th, 24th, 25th and 26th Armor Divisions, from Berlin. This operation was so massive that it could not be hidden from the French, so they were well prepared to welcome the Soviet troops.

In January 5th 1946 the world witnessed the greatest and largest battle ever fought in human history. The Soviet Army consisted of eleven Armor Divisions, approximately 500,000 soldiers, as the French had quantitative advantage having about one million soldiers in form of 17 Infantry Divisions, two Artillery Batteries and one Cavalry Division stationed at Frankfurt.

The battle was fought outside of Frankfurt on the banks of Elbe and it began when the French made their stand against the Soviet Army trying to prevent them from crossing the river. The battle lasted seven days as De Gaulle's Infantry Division after another failed to stop the Soviet blizzard. After six days French casualties were eleven Infantry Divisions, two Artillery Batteries and around 500,000 men as the supreme Soviet Army had only lost about 30,000 men.

Therefore on the seventh day of the battle of Elbe the remaining French troops withdrew back to Frankfurt and the Soviets claimed the greatest victory in military history.

The Soviet Armor Divisions pursued the hammered French armies all the way back to Frankfurt and with heavy air support the city fell quickly in front of the ruthless Soviet troops.

In July 1st 1946 Finland was peacefully attached to the USSR as an autonomous Grand Duchy. The nation seeked protection from the USSR as the world was in chaos.

After the great victory in Frankfurt. The USSR had cemented her position as the mightiest nation in the world.

Spoiler :
Last screenie is taken in 1947.

Actually I don't have the time to do so, as half of my troops are in Asia and the game will end in 1950. Anyways the Asian armies have another region that needs to be taken, though IRL USSR failed to do so.

Yes, but air lifting couple tanks to Vasa and Murmansk would be rather useless, since it is 1947 and most of Asian armies aren't in full strength nor in cities with Airports.

The spelling Nazi says that it's 'Cemented', not 'Semented'.

Nice job in the war, but it was really pre-decided, I guess... tanks pwn infantry. Now that you've pretty much won the war, and the rest is a matter of getting that through to France's head, why not sign a peace treaty on the last turn? On the rare occasion that I see a game through to the end, I tend to either sign a final peace treaty with everyone, or declare war on everyone, just for kicks.

Why do you have a spy in Umea? You know they don't work on independents.

Vikings just collapsed in 1946, it seems. The poor spy got stranded in Scandinavia...

Yes, the spy was there to steal fission, but vikings collapsed.. :(

@Kullervo: thanks, it is now corrected!;)

EDIT: I can't forgive the French without at least taking Paris!

In March 1947 De Gaulle made a heartless effort to retake Frankfurt, but the Soviet Armor Divisions easily destroyed the attacking troops. In January 1948 Stalin ordered the 21st and 22nd Armor Divisions to conquer Greece from France.

The battle was fierce, but the hammered 21st Armor Division finally broke through and the city fell under USSR.

Meanwhile Stalin's Uzbek army consisting of four Cavalry Divisions and supported by the 20th Armor Division attacked the Khmer occupied Afganistan and conquered the most important Afgan city of Kandahar.

As De Gaulle's armies seemed to be scattered and unmotivated, Stalin commanded the 1st, 3rd, 16th and 25th Armor Divisions to make an attempt to take the crownjewel of France, Paris. All Soviet Bomber and Fighter Squadrons were ordered to support the attacking army.

The campaign was a success as the pounded city fell in front of the 25th Armor Division in May 12th 1949. France was in chaos and De Gaulle was desperate to sign peace with the USSR.

Spoiler :
I am getting close to dominate: ;)

Yep, and I forgot to take a screenie, but you can see it from the minimap that USSR now controls Alaska.

Top Bottom