Glory of the SPRRR (Senate and People of the Real-senate Republic of Rome)(RFC RAND)

i never said there is need to become a dictator.
i just can't stand such a stupid radicalism. i think good leaders can be both Democratic or Imperialists leaders, but i sure support the imperialism, that will bring us glory, not letting our enemies expand to a point where they will be unstoppable. i think having a good leader in charge for a longer time is better than 3-4 bad leaders.

After a discussion with our cabinet, I withdraw our demand to become dictators, for now. We hope the opposition will not attempt to overthrow us still. If they do we will redeclare ourselves dictators.

i never said there is need to become a dictator.
i just can't stand such a stupid radicalism. i think good leaders can be both Democratic or Imperialists leaders, but i sure support the imperialism, that will bring us glory, not letting our enemies expand to a point where they will be unstoppable. i think having a good leader in charge for a longer time is better than 3-4 bad leaders.

Well we must not led our leaders power become so great that he will be unstoppable. Radicalsm you say? Your the radical supporting a dictatorship!

So if there isnt need to be a dictator, why didnt you oppose your leaders becoming one?

And WIM might not check in in time....he hasnt PMed ilduce yet so he might get on in time.

OOC: Not all of what i say is what i really believe. But i am an extreme Libertarian in this game now, so i gotta stick with it.

After a discussion with our cabinet, I withdraw our demand to become dictators, for now. We hope the opposition will not attempt to overthrow us still. If they do we will redeclare ourselves dictators.

PM me if you want to negotiate terms of stopping the rebellion. Otherwise there can be no deal.

Well that decended into dictators and opposition actions even more quickly then i thought it would. What with Dom decalring a dictatorship. Does he not have to win the vote first before he is a official dictator?

I vote Nae on the Temporary Dictatorship

If you had wished to gain the position for moral reasons then you could have highllighted WHY you thought it was neccesary. Even if you believe you are the best voice to rule you havn't mentioned why again. You merely want power for powers sake. A childish notion.

-

Hi again Arya. I'm just here to see how this works, so far the politic spectrum seems incluned to choas and Ilduce is very vague on rules. (Adding in that you blocked someone from a party is horrible. The GM needs to attempt to be unbiased as possible. What you think of as fun may not be what others think and denying a large power block only abuses the GM power)

-

Opposition Actions available to rebels
Sabotage
General Strike
Call for desertion
Armed Revolution

As this dictatorship is a part of the war party, GNR and imperial party i would suggest calling for pratorians to desert. They did not defeat one dictator only to accept another. While they may support war and imperialism they do not support dictators.

The Indpendent Party is as the name says independent. But we don't support the dictatorship so early on in the game. It has no reason.

EDIT: my slow typing means i've missed dom withdrawing the dictatorship and Arya continueing the rebllion. Joy. The Independents stay neutral for now.

I think you said the cause for the rebellion was the Declaration of the Dictartorship?
so if the cause isn't there anymore why to continue with the rebellion? i think this idea should have ended by now.

Okay on 2, well Ilduce you are abusing that. Its not right to stop someone from joining a party they want to join. Did you see LH stop unity from forming even though almost everyone was in it? NO!

The difference was unity was created after Realpolitik become the most popular thread in the forum. As this is early on, we can't have 1 party control everything, otherwise this will quickly become boring and even I will stop playing.

On the rebellion: Arya isn't opposition leader (yet), however he is able to lead the revolution as an experience spartan general. He was one of the Spartans who joined Italia when we rebelled. As the Greeks still preferred there old government and have yet to be assimilated (Athens is in civil disorder for the next 2 turns) He has the right to rebel.

Everyone actively taken part in this revolution PM asap. I would like to play the rebellion through this weekend.

I'm not backing down. If not for dictators, its for freeing the slaves.

EDIT: Why are you deciding everyone's background? What's next, am I an Egyptian whom immigrated to Rome after I seen the Pharaoh's complete lack of respect to human rights, and believes that his powers (and himself) come from the Gods, not from the masses? Actually, that sounds cool, I wouldn't mind that.

I'm not backing down. If not for dictators, its for freeing the slaves.

Technically i am the leader of the rebellion. I am negotiating with Dom now, although i will not agree unless i get the terms i dictated (which are heavily in our favor).

EDIT: Omega your over 1000 posts!

Incorrect. As opposition leader, I take over as the leader of the rebellion. Read the rules.

Read Ilduce's post. You are opposition leader, but i am the leader of the rebellion. Basicly if the rebellion succeeds, then we both become consuls.

Anyway, Negotiations have failed as dictator Dom has denied us much of what we want and has insulted us! The rebellion will continue.

Ravus why would we call for desertion? There is a 50% chance they will fight for us (the rebels).

Read Ilduce's post. You are opposition leader, but i am the leader of the rebellion. Basicly if the rebellion succeeds, then we both become consuls.

Anyway, Negotiations have failed as dictator Dom has denied us much of what we want and has insulted us! The rebellion will continue.

Ravus why would we call for desertion? There is a 50% chance they will fight for us (the rebels).

As the rebellion is continuing I ask the loyal Romans to support us as I declare temporary dictatorship again. The rebellion will be defeated and all supporters executed. We are the ruling coalition and rebellion is illegal. Prepare to die rebel scum.

As the rebellion is continuing I ask the loyal Romans to support us as I declare temporary dictatorship again. The rebellion will be defeated and all supporters executed. We are the ruling coalition and rebellion is illegal. Prepare to die rebel scum.

You can't execute us! That's against the rules!

Why are you deciding everyone's background? What's next, am I an Egyptian whom immigrated to Rome after I seen the Pharaoh's complete lack of respect to human rights, and believes that his powers (and himself) come from the Gods, not from the masses? Actually, that sounds cool, I wouldn't mind that.
No, I didn't decide that, Arya requested that in pm. I accepted

Also due to popular demand (I'm tempted not to this, as I have been a total pushover in rl recently and want to stop), I am giving Ceaserportugal the option to remain in Omegas party, or switch back to Imperial.

edit: x-post
You can't execute us! That's against the rules!
Thats a good question. The options are
a) you return as the Son of the rebel, and therefore are a different person
b) its against the rules
As this is a republic, I will let the mob rule decide this one

I had the impression for some reason that the armies during the rebellion had nothing to do with the current army within the civilization game. So calling for a desertion wouldn't hurt the revolt but it would change the course of Roman history as we wouldn't have an army to instantly go to war on our neighbours.

B. We are immortal politicians. Period. You say this was based off of RP? Well heres your chance to prove it.

So, the terms were heavily in your favor? this sounds like another one claiming to be defender of the human rights, but just wanting to strike and get the power to its group, and as a typical liar, retain his power with lies. what would this government be called? Liescracy?
These traitors should all die! Glory to the Empire!

Spoiler :
well, if he is a rebel, he risks being killed as a traitor.i think he should be able to die, but of course return as a different character

No, I didn't decide that, Arya requested that in pm. I accepted

Also due to popular demand (I'm tempted not to this, as I have been a total pushover in rl recently and want to stop), I am giving Ceaserportugal the option to remain in Omegas party, or switch back to Imperial.

edit: x-post

Thats a good question. The options are
a) you return as the Son of the rebel, and therefore are a different person
b) its against the rules
As this is a republic, I will let the mob rule decide this one

I like A.

I had the impression for some reason that the armies during the rebellion had nothing to do with the current army within the civilization game. So calling for a desertion wouldn't hurt the revolt but it would change the course of Roman history as we wouldn't have an army to instantly go to war on our neighbours.

In RP yes, this is true. Here though, Ilduce has put in the feature for the units in the game to have a 50% chance of joining the rebels or government, then they would be recreated on teh WB map for the revolution battles.

Top Bottom