Realpolitik INDIA!

^say we went on a crusade, named our capital city "new dehli" and called the holy city Dehli... (or we just keep two dehlis, I had two Cuzcos in a game once)

:lol:

The thing is though, it probably wouldn't be on the glorious Indian Subcontinent. That's what we want. We want it in our glorious capital on our glorious subcontinent.

I'd Be happy to go Conquer you a 'Holy New Delhi' later on, but in the early stages of the game i'm focusing on more; solid development. Also note you can't have 2 cities with the same name, the game doesn't allow it.

Edit:X-post- sorry about your parties inconveniance. I recomend you don't create parties based on unfounded religions in future, you never know where they'll pop up.

DT
Preparing for the Crusade :jesus::ar15:

I think that puts poly in front and makes religion our main goal.

Spoiler :
And if all else fails it's conquest time, and not even that is stoppable. Tough it won't be a crusade (how can a bunch of pagans hold a crusade?.

I'd Be happy to go Conquer you a 'Holy New Delhi' later on, but in the early stages of the game i'm focusing on more; solid development. Also note you can't have 2 cities with the same name, the game doesn't allow it.

Edit:X-post- sorry about your parties inconveniance. I recomend you don't create parties based on unfounded religions in future, you never know where they'll pop up.

DT
Preparing for the Crusade :jesus::ar15:

Look it could be that it was RevolutionDCM playing havoc with me, but SERIOUSLY I had two Cuzcos in a game!

CivRev is a very different game, and most things in it can't be used in civ 4. I don't know, but i suppose it could be possible there.

DT
Lending a 'Helping Hand' :ar15:

What if another religion *accidentally* spreads into our borders or is founded within them? I am sure theocracy brings a slight hint of christianity if we are first to adopt it.
What I'm trying to say is... Are other religions okay?

Let's bear in mind that real holy Hindu city is not Delhi but is actually Varanasi, also known as Benares. So we could seize the Hindu Holy city and rename it to one of those.

Not that the name matters but in good horse trading fashion, I think that if we can get the Hindu zealots on board with a commitment to a later crusade (and a Mandir to be built in the subcontinent) while initially developing in a more secular fashion, I say it is worth it. I don't see the parties of the coalition having a fundamental problem with that.

(it should also make for a hell of an interesting game!)

A united India cannot be denied its destiny!

CivRev is a very different game, and most things in it can't be used in civ 4. I don't know, but i suppose it could be possible there.

DT
Lending a 'Helping Hand' :ar15:

Should have told you RevolutionDCM is a civ 4 mod :p

@Civ'ed-Ahh :feels stupid: Ok don't know what else might have caused it, but I know I can't get two cities of the same name, and I've Tried.

@ROM-
real holy Hindu city is not Delhi but is actually Varanasi, also known as Benares. So we could seize the Hindu Holy city and rename it to one of those.

Not that the name matters but in good horse trading fashion, I think that if we can get the Hindu zealots on board with a commitment to a later crusade (and a Mandir to be built in the subcontinent)
Good Idea. It's this sort of thing that makes me think you should be on the cabinet.

@Domination3000- What do you think of ROM's Idea? It sounds like a suitable Compromise to me, but you're the one who has to agree to it

@Illduce-Looking at you're proposed Cabinet I would like to recomend you take on some sort of advisor with moderate Ideas. They don't have to be important, but it would be nice to know you're thinking of alternate viewpoints.

DT
Recruiting Soldiers :ar15:

ELECTIONS ARE CLOSED!

Cabinet:

President-DT
Vice-President-terrance888
Interior minister-Sonreal
Foregin minister-Dumanios
Minister of Military-WIM

Opposition, please choose a leader to rally your cause.

Government, please give me a general plan. Tech path, build orders, scouting ect.

BTW, we are first on the player list so we have a much higher chance of getting a religion.

@Domination 3000, I would be prepared to move the holy city to Delhi when you conquer it.

:D

Yay!!!
[party]:dance::band::dance:[party]
WE WON!!! :celebrations:
I'll go write a speech of some sort and get the orders to you then.

DT
[party] and :beer:

I announce an armed rebellion to defend the good of Hinduism. The only way I will retract this is if you pursue Hinduism. That's all I demand. Get Hinduism. I don't demand anything else.

Also, no other religions. India is Hindu, I want Hinduism.

Okay this may be a bit long, I got carried away.
BEWARE:WALL OF TEXT MAY CAUSE IRREPARIABLE BRAIN DAMAGE!

MY FELLOW CITIZENS OF INDIA!!!

It is with great joy that I have been elected to be your President. I am overwhelmed by your confidence in me, and standing before this cheering crowd I have to say I am humbled that you feel I can do a better job than my rivals. I have the greatest respect for all my opponents, and know well that Mr Illduce is a skilled Economist. We would have done well I am sure under his leadership. However we will not yet take this path. That may occur in times to come, but for now I will lead as best I can. I have deep admiration for my Predecessor. Asoka has been a wise and brave leader. He has united our people, and when faced with the power that brings, turned it down, and gave it to you. For it is your power, only the added convenience of a formal government leaves it in my hands. It is with The Example of Asoka I will go forward, to combine all peoples, and then leave them in secure maturity to hold the world for themselves. When my task is done, I shall return to you the power of the Government, and it will be the people who rule in every sense of word.

However that time is not yet come. To achieve this glorious goal will take work, much work, hard work. We must, indeed we will, all do something to this end. For there is a wide world out there my friends; I am sure of it. I will send out volunteers to explore it, seek its riches, and use them for the growth of our race, the strengthening of our purpose. Many here, I know, would seek a faith, some aid in this, from beings greater than we. At this time I cannot say whether such beings exist, but it matters not. We must prove ourselves, stand or fall on our own 2 feet, not with the aid of others. We do not NEED faith to be strong, we need to believe in ourselves.

And I believe in us! I believe in you!!! I believe in WE!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

As 1st president of our people, I will attempt to build a solid foundation, to build this house of man I seek. We will develop, and we will proper! All I ask, is support. You have decided I can do this job, but not alone. I will assemble the cabinet, and we shall see what must be Done. AND WE WILL DO IT!!!

A NEW ERA NOW DAWNS!!!

THE ERA, OF MAN, AND OF INDIA!!!

OOC:I'll have a draft plan in an hour and a 1/2 or so.

DT
1st President :king:

HINDUISM! GIVE US HINDUISM! Otherwise we will cast down your government and set up our Nationalist Hinduism as we wanted. Give us Hinduism and we'll leave your government in charge for now.

My simple speech:

My people, I am hurt to announce that the path you choose today was the path of doom.

Also I highly recommend you research Polytheism. Otherwise I may have to call a vote of no confidence and I don't want their to be an AR

My simple speech:

My people, I am hurt to announce that the path you choose today was the path of doom.

Also I highly recommend you research Polytheism. Otherwise I may have to call a vote of no confidence and I don't want their to be an AR

I support Ilduce in this. I don't really care what the War coalition does. In fact, I support lots of their ideas. But Hinduism is essential.

What we see here now is an attempt at intimidation. Fair compromises were proposed but were rejected with a threat. Is that how a united, fair minded people proceed?

There was an open campaign and election and a verdict duly given. Now it is time for those who believe in an electoral process to accept that verdict and work for the betterment of India. If the policies of this regime fall short, it and its policies can challenged at the next election (which is not far away).

We will not wait, we will fight if we must.

(Besides, we are a Fascist party, who says we believe in the electoral process;))

I suppose its war then between the people of India and their leaders who refuse to find them their spiritual answers.

Hmm, had more time than I thought.

Guys, try to be reasonable. I've only just won, you can't support a rebbelion already. I'm trying to set us up for the long run, and i don't think religion is the best way to do that, I've made it quite clear. The fact that I won makes it seem the majority agree with me, no matter how slight the margin. The worst thing we can do right now is go up in flames and lose these vital early stages.

Okay a plan: This is just a draft! I am looking for feedback and constructive criticism.

The starting warrior should be sent south, looking for india’s hut, and then northeast and southeast into the Thailand/Vietnam sort of area, seeking other civs. If you have more time send him into china, and up into Mongolia.

Research should go agriculture, for food. Then followed by hunting for happy/discounts and AH for production. After this get the wheel, pottery, BW, archery then look towards writing, and fishing if you have more turns.

Build worker, warrior, warrior, and send the 1st warrior into Persia and scout the middle east, whilst the 2nd does garrison. Then build Stonehenge until the city grows to size 4 or 5, depending on production/growth speed, and either finish if it looks close or go warrior, settler if it doesn’t, but get these next anyway, after that another worker, then 2 of the best available unit. If you have more time build another unit, settler, worker, unit.

This is my drafted plan, if i have missed anything please tell me.

@Hinduism- I agree with ROM, we offered several reasonable compromises, and you,ve refused to discuss them. NC even said he can move the holy city to the capital after we conquer it. Isn't that enough?

I've gotta go now so I can't argue in depth, but atleast consider the situation. Okay?

DT
Profoundly Disturbed :help:

Top Bottom