Realpolitik INDIA!

@Dem Taqat
ROM is ok.
For the time being, you can consider my votes cast as 1 for Cont-Hege and 1 for Pirates.

Your tech path is generally what I had in mind. Before archery, I would like to see who is nearby and it might not be absolutely necessary to get it especially if bronze working comes and iron working seems within grasp. There is no doubt that iron working is needed to take out the jungle. However, if there are potential attackers nearby, I don't see how to avoid archery (but even then a likely attacker could be Persia who can roll over archers very fast).

Without stone, I am not at all keen on Stonehenge unless we have bronze working and its a very fast whip. By then, someone else might have it. I'd rather have a settler and pop borders a bit later via library whip. If we are looking for great prophet points then that starts to lean us into the religious path and if we do that, we should jump on it with both feet (and obviously I am opposed to that).

edit: The battle lines are forming. I will fight hard against the religious mob gathering out there. We can trade for that stuff later and feed it into the mix but I'll will NOT support it as primary research.

I think ignoring religion entirely is not the way to go since otherwise we'll essentially be putting to waste Gandhi's spiritual trait. Say what you will, but religion are useful tool that can provide simple method to improve culture and happiness, besides the fact that possession of holy city can turn out to be highly valuable later on.

Even if we choose to ignore Oracle over Stonehedge, I'd like to research Meditation/Polytheism (with warrior if worker is going to be produced too fast with nothing to do) first before taking Agricultural -> Hunting -> Animal Husbandry, because frankly I will not rely upon other nations to bring their religion into our land like we are some sort of ignorant barbarian with tutu on our heads. Unless the situation really demands so I suggest delaying Archery tech til we get Iron Working as I believe additional warrior defending our capitol would be sufficient in current early conditions.

I actually want SBP's stance on this development since they also recognize the value of religion and their trade/espionage value, and not going for religious tech first will definitely result in us not getting any of Buddhism/Hinduism/Judaism.

I congratulate Satyagraha's entrance into our government and is satisfied to learn their pacifistic aim that brings them closer to the view our coalition shares. Should Satyagraha wish to join the Pacifistic Prosperity Coalition, you will find nothing but open arms.

My vote goes to the NSP (I am guessing I can do this since west indie man voted for his pirates too) and Golden Party for now, but I am also willing to change my second vote to any other exterior party that is willing to invent religion.

On less serious note do any of you two have problem with PPC's yellow colour, because I don't know it is just me but I really have hard trouble seeing that =/ I personally would have preferred green.

I would certainly aim for religion. The Indian Peoples should be the most content of ALL! :mwaha::mwaha::mwaha:
Anyway, I agree with Hesmyrr. I can't read the Coalition name. Green (peaceful color) or Blue (UN color, no idea why) would be nicer.

In vote for The Party for Continental Hegemony and the Silent Blossom Party :)

DT
Planning Pachyderm Rampages :ar15:

Lighthearter's Election Report (X-post with DT and Ilduce, edited to reflect that)

Ilduce - NSP
Civ'ed - Golden/NSP
WIM - Pirates/SBP
revengeofmakno - Pirates/CHP
Hesmyrr - NSP/Golden
Dem_Taqat - CHP/SBP

NSP: 3
Pirates: 2
Golden: 2
CHP: 2
SBP: 2

Consolidation Coalition(CHP/SBP): 4
Pacifistic Prosperity Coalition(IMP/NSP/Golden): 5

At the moment the PPC is in the lead over the CC by an order of one vote. However, if the Pirates were to side with the CC then the playing field would come turn in their favor. It may be that they are already negotiating such an alliance.

So in the end elections usually are Coalition-line affairs. In most cases, this means it will be relatively close as coalitions aggressively gain new member parties . . . some independents will usually decide things at the very last second. It's not over until the polls close(When is that, by the way?).

The most important thing to remember at this stage is that you need to be planning twofold: what will you do if you elect a president and what will you do if you get the opposition? You need to put forward your president/vice-president team and start working out minister positions, as well as deciding how you'll run your nation. Will you consolidate power in a small admin or spread it across a large one? These decisions will affect your voter base, so think hard on them. Also make some choices: you can't please everyone, so who are you willing to lose in exchange for who? Who will you try to gear your coalition's perspective towards?

Just the ramblings of an LH. Pay me no heed - I never actually played very much Realpolitik before coming here.

-L

Arrgh, a wote fer me Pirate crewmates!

Spoiler :
1 vote for the pirates. In my Russian Pirate accent.

A vote for the Hegemony and a vote for the Blossom.

Party Platform of Silent Blossom (Coalition Platform is slighty different, I shall say.)

A Religion for the boast to our economy.
Discovery of all of india (and the two huts!)

Warrior (grow)-> wonder, or Worker for chop in the middle, or just wonder?

This is politics, let's deal.

I am willing to change my second vote, that is the one for the Pirates to the SBP (Silent Blossom Party) if attempting to found an early religion is taken off the coalition platform. Part of my heart is a pirate but the survival of India is at stake. Religious techs can be picked up later (along with building temples, etc) but only after we have either iron working or writing. With many civs on the map, the odds of founding an early religion are not optimal and failure to do it will seriously set us back and leave us vulnerable. We need to get farms, pastures and camps going and get on track for the promised land of calendar, construction, currency, tech, money, strength. The future of India is our hands!

A new RP? I think I'll just stay in the shadows on here... But anyways, because I can I join the Continental Hegemony Party. And vote for the two people in the war coalition.

And extend an invitation to the Pirate Party to join; if you want plunder, us war-mongerers and brigands will give it to you, not the sissy merchants and pacifists!

@Aysee- Glad to have you, welcome to our backup 'land of crazy stuff.' :)

@ROM- I don't think you're allowed to change your votes, but It looks like the Pirates are with us so it doesn't matter anyway.

@WIM- Welcome to our little group. I'm glad you decided to join us. As long as Terrance888 does't object I think you're in.

With all the recent changes lh's summary appears slightly out of date :)

Ilduce - NSP
Civ'ed - Golden/NSP
WIM - Pirates/SBP
revengeofmakno - Pirates/CHP
Hesmyrr - NSP/Golden
Dem_Taqat - CHP/SBP

NSP: 3
Pirates: 2
Golden: 2
CHP: 2
SBP: 2

Consolidation Coalition(CHP/SBP): 4
Pacifistic Prosperity Coalition(IMP/NSP/Golden): 5

We have Aysee voting for the SBP and PCH (I think) so that adds two votes to the CC. With the Pirates joining us and Dumanios voting for them we get another 3 votes, and we're still waiting for my trusted Ally Sonreal which sould mean 2 more for us.

So Right now it is:

CC: 9votes

PPC: 5 votes
:)

Looks like time to plan the Cabinet.

I'm hoping to be Prez, but i'll need to get my allies opinions on this, I haven't had any responses yet.I'm leaning against religion, but I'll need the views of my party members and WIM and Dumanios before I make any Decisions. Similarly I'm Uncertain about wonders, but I'll be pushing for stonehenge. I want to go worker first, followed by a warrior, and I plan to use the Original Warrior to explore india and head east to seek other civilizations. This is of course assuming i'll be prez, but these are what i want to see done.

DT
Optimisticly Plotting Galactic Domination :ar15: :mwaha:

Most importantly, election for this term is matter of not war and peace but of india's prominence as religious leader. We both share the same development plan except on the issue of religion, where Consolidation Party foolishly argue against enlightenment toward religion. If you just like us believe India should be proud owner of holy cities, choose to support us at least for this term and I guarantee you will see it done.

I am going to form the NACA party (National Capitalists.) I am willing to offer support to other free market parties as well.

Our policies: We believe Nationalism, Hinduism, Capitalism, and Indian Ancestry are important to our country, and that everyone who doesn't share these views should be expelled. We support militant nationalism. We are basically Indian Nazis except we support an unregulated economy.

Guys, we don't want war early on, we need a good economy to fund that war effort. And for that reason we should have PPC in first. Vote for us!

Yarr, us pirates'll get ar' plundar with a plunderin' conomy!

Spoiler :
Pillaging Economy FTW

Top Bottom