(RFC) The British Empire

Well, the world can only be a better a place when I paint the whole map red :D

Now that I have a good world map that shows that the world is round, every civilization wants it. Here's a copy of that map.

Spoiler :

So here is a list of deals I make in 1450 immediately after I prove the world is round.

France= 190gold for map. Drama and Banking for my literature, paper, and gunpowder
Dutch= Map + 120gold for my map
Germany= convert to Christianity + 110 gold for my map
Spain= map + 60gold for my map
Arabia= 30 gold for my map
Vikings= 30gold for my map
Khmer= 20gold for my map
Inca= 20gold for my map
Ended with 769 gold in my treasury after all those trades.

British Empire now faces its first stage of expansion because in 1450 Britain finishes researching Astronomy in 1460! First I switch over to mercantilism and Resettlement for when the British colonial empire expands. Unfortunately, because I have no colonies yet, I economy takes a serious hit from cutting off all overseas trade. But I'll get money soon enough. I also use all that money I made from trading my world map to upgrade my galleys. I can only convert 9 galleys into galleons, but that's enough for now. I load up four settlers, pikemen, and Christian missionaries I made years ago onto four galleons and send them towards south Africa while the other five galleons are sent to pick up the soldiers near the Aztecs and the Incas. Finally, the war fleet has set sail.

While the war fleet rendezvous near the South Africa, I upgrade another galley to a galleon and load up another settler and pikeman and worker. In 1490, I settle Quebec (it was named something else but I changed it to Quebec using world builder).

Spoiler :

After my galleons rendezvous near South Africa in 1490, I drop off one of my four settlers and a pikeman and a worker to found Cape Town for when I need to bring reinforcements to India.

Spoiler :

So in 1510, the entire war fleet arrives near the southern tip of India. Unfortunately, India has already collapsed, which means conquering India will probably be more difficult because the Independant kingdoms like to keep larger garrisons than and Indian civ would. Oh well, Its more realistic anyways. Here's map I'm looking at in India, and the general war plan:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I unload a portion of my army near the southernmost Indian city, As I found Fort Willoughby in South America and Fort Albany in North America (west of Quebec).

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

And finally, in 1520, after losing a single cannon my knights make short work of the Indian defenders and I capture Thiruvananthapuram. This is the first city of the Indian conquest and hopefully its not my last. The British Empire has a foothold in India, its time the British Empire bring the entire subcontinent under the British flag.

Spoiler :

For tomorrow's chapter, The World looks to Britain!

Fort Albany? Hmmm. I assume you chose the name of a tiny trading post purely for historical reasons even though it would be a tile to the north. Given that the map allows it to front both on James Bay and Lake Superior (thus centralizing it between the two) and assuming you will turn it into a city of more than 1 population, I suggest Timmins.

Do like your Indian place names.

actually, the city you renamed quebec isn't even in quebec, if my memory is correct quebec is that canadian peninsula to the east of that city. not a city :) anyway, continue painting the world red!

there's a super city in south africa too, if i remember its durban, around in the east coast of south africa 2N of capetown i think. but don't forget to get that city, it's just awesome when it grows to a nice city, powerful production, awesome commerce and luxuries! (gold and gems for example)

actually, the city you renamed quebec isn't even in quebec, if my memory is correct quebec is that canadian peninsula to the east of that city. not a city :) anyway, continue painting the world red!

Might want to check that memory. Quebec the province is large and includes more than a dozen (and maybe as many as 20) tiles to the east, north, north west and even the one SE of where he put the city. The city of Quebec could be argued to be either exactly where he has it or 1 N or 1NE of there. It stands on bluffs overlooking the river so 1N or 1NE might be more appropriate but it's very close.

Might want to check that memory. Quebec the province is large and includes more than a dozen (and maybe as many as 20) tiles to the east, north, north west and even the one SE of where he put the city. The city of Quebec could be argued to be either exactly where he has it or 1 N or 1NE of there. It stands on bluffs overlooking the river so 1N or 1NE might be more appropriate but it's very close.

yea, error of mine. :crazyeye:

hey, tell me that you'll do one Napoleon in Europe :p

Fort Albany? Hmmm. I assume you chose the name of a tiny trading post purely for historical reasons even though it would be a tile to the north. Given that the map allows it to front both on James Bay and Lake Superior (thus centralizing it between the two) and assuming you will turn it into a city of more than 1 population, I suggest Timmins.

Do like your Indian place names.

The game gave me that name, but I agree it's strange considering was just a tiny trading post. BTW, yah, I do love my indian names, especially the name Thiruvananthapuram :lol:.

yea, error of mine. :crazyeye:

hey, tell me that you'll do one Napoleon in Europe :p

We'll see :p

In 1525 I finish a quest that I received earlier (gain four caravels) and I get this message.

Spoiler :

I can either get an attack bonus in my ships, +1 gold from harbors, or +1 ship movement. I need more gold, especially after the conquest of India, so I pick the +1 gold. I gain over thirty gold immediately so I think I definitely picked the right choice.

Next turn in 1530, a great scientist appears in London and I bulb printing press which allows me to get liberalism. Fortunately, no one seems to have researched it yet so I have a good chance of gaining that bonus tech. I notice that the Netherlands has started colonizing Africa, just north of my colony of Capetown. :mad: Stupid Netherlands, if this type of behavior continues then I may just have to wipe Amsterdam off the face of the earth!

My forces assemble north of Thiruvananthapuram near a city called Govupuri. The turks have been building up their military forces and they've broken out of Mesopotamia and have moved into Persia and Afghanistan. So my new overall strategy to take India is to move up the Northwestern Coast and try to block Turkey's march into India.

Spoiler :

In 1550, I found Durban in South Africa. African Zulu warriors move down from the Northern Independent kingdoms and raid some of my tiles around Cape Town before they're finally killed.

Spoiler :

In 1555 the British Army in India captures Govupuri with only my knight dying. I raze it to the ground and in its place I drop off my settler, pikeman and christian missionary.

Spoiler :

I found Goa in its place and spread Christianity to it. Founding Goa in India serves two functions: It counts as one of the three cities I need to found in Asia and because Goa is a Christian city I can use it to spread Christianity to the rest of my colonies in Asia. Besides its a great production city.

Spoiler :

To commemorate the great victories being achieved in India, the King commisions a World map to be created showing Britain's rise in the World and here it is:

All is going well so far, but the Turks are moving quickly through Persia and Central Asia and are at the gates of India. Its on!

For Tomorrow's chapter, The Race to Delhi!

In 1550, I found Durban in South Africa. African Zulu warriors move down from the Northern Independent kingdoms and raid some of my tiles around Cape Town before they're finally killed.

I prefer Winburg two NE which is more easily defensible, has more resources and is nearer to native settlements, making it possible to attack easier. I also prefer Cape Town 1W.

I prefer Winburg two NE which is more easily defensible, has more resources and is nearer to native settlements, making it possible to attack easier. I also prefer Cape Town 1W.

yea, i was talking about winburg before :(
i had to say durban! well, if i was him i would use WB to burn the city and add 1 settler, it was because of me he founded durban (i think), so yea. just some editing in the post like if nothing had happened.

No way! stupid netherlands burned down Paris? lol! kill them! kill the bastards who burned a very strong city!

yea, i was talking about winburg before :(
i had to say durban! well, if i was him i would use WB to burn the city and add 1 settler, it was because of me he founded durban (i think), so yea. just some editing in the post like if nothing had happened.

No way! stupid netherlands burned down Paris? lol! kill them! kill the bastards who burned a very strong city!

I don't know why it isn't showing up on the map but Paris still exists and France owns it :lol:. Paris is a shadow of what once was, but it still there. I hope the Dutch don't give me reason to destroy them because they're the only ones who have a strong navy :sad:

and that's because you want France as a way to invade Europe, the dutch don't have a proper army! destroy them while you can. that way no annoying dutch colonies, and of course, whiout the french you would have a ton of colonies to get.

and that's because you want France as a way to invade Europe, the dutch don't have a proper army! destroy them while you can. that way no annoying dutch colonies, and of course, whiout the french you would have a ton of colonies to get.

I don't know if I want to destroy either. The Dutch aren't making many colonies because they've been focusing so much on their army in Europe (although they have a strong navy too :cry:) and if the French collapse in Europe I could face a resurgent Germany in Europe. I think the biggest threat so far is Turkey. If they keep expanding east through Persia they could threaten British holdings in India and I want to prepare for that as much as possible. My colonies everywhere else are in important, but India is the most important because of all the luxury resources it provides and the great production and trade cities there.

prepare a navy... and sail through europe and attack from the agean, and march through northern india... get those redcoats moving!!!

The biggest piece of news is in the world is that the Ottoman Empire is beginning to expand east and soon they could end up at the Gates of Delhi before the British arrive?!
So, the race is on to conquer western India before they arrive!

But first, the rest of the world isn't standing still. In 1560, I found The Pas in Western Canada.

Spoiler :

Because of all the fighting I've been doing in India, a great General appears in London. I settle him there so my future units will have more experience.

In 1570 I discover liberalism and take scientific method as my free tech. It gets rid of my ability to create monasteries but i can still create missionaries almost anywhere because of I have organized religion so I don't mind too much. I start on Communism to I can be the first to reach the industrial age. In the same turn I found Cambridge in South America to I can have oil in the future.

Spoiler :

I make multiple small trades, like trading away basic techs for gold. I trade education to France for 430 gold, compass to mali for 160 gold and compass to Japan for 80 gold. It was a pretty good round of trading, because I was really running out of money.

In 1575 the Ottomans finally finish conquering Persia and their army is at the Gates of India attacking Lahore, the Indian city that leads to the subcontinent. Taking my army wounded army I send my knights ahead of my army to attack Surat, an Indian city just south. Ottoman forces have fanned out across western India. Some Ottoman soldiers were attacking Surat before my main army could get there, so my knights beseiged the city and with few casualities I raze the city to the ground. In its place I drop off enough settler, missionary and pikeman.

Spoiler :

In 1585, Plague spreads in The Pas and in the following turns it spreads through the rest of Canada and the British Isles :cry:. The Pas is defenseless, so I'm trying to whip a musketeer to protect it as soon as possible. I trade a sugar resource to Spain for 7gpt, and a world map to France for 260 gold.

In 1600, my forces arrive just south of Lahore, but Turkish forces have already been assualting the city before I got there.

Spoiler :

The Turks are eventually repulsed leaving the Indian garriosns badly damaged. British soldiers move right into the city with no losses.

Spoiler :

With the capture of Lahore, I've cut off the Turks from reaching Delhi. We have no Open borders so the turks ability to continue moving east has been halted on the Pakistani/Indian border.

Britain's Empire is slowly coming together.

For tomorrow's chapter, the Indian Campaign Moves Forward!

prepare a navy... and sail through europe and attack from the agean, and march through northern india... get those redcoats moving!!!

I know, I've been preparing another army in Britain in case the Indian army loses its momentum. All my British cities have all their buildings whipped already, so for the last fifty years they've only been producing military units. I may send them through soon, but I'm afraid of an eventual great power war with the rest of Europe :sad:

have you tried to get a defensive pact with germany?
if you get germany in a war with the ottomans, they would stop attacking india and run to defend anatolia, Germany is always a super ally. if you ally with it, make use of the alliance to destroy the dutch (burn armsterdam), French (keep Paris). if you use diplomacy well enough you can make germany collapse, and you can get Frankfurt! so you could destroy europe with diplomacy, i already did that once.

Top Bottom