(RFC) The British Empire

In 1742 the world convenes in a World Congress. Many people ask for different cities, but the most interesting trade was that the Dutch were awarded Lyon. Bizarre.... I didn't recieve any cities because the French/German/Turkish alliance whipped up public opinion against me. In fact, when the Americans ask for Fort Albany in Canada, they get the resolution to pass. Naturally, I refused to leave the city and the Americans declared war.

The British will not stand for this type of behavior. Without pausing from their capture of Louisbourg, the British army quickly marched down to Pointe-Sainte-Anae and wrested control of the city from the rebellious Yankees.

Spoiler :

Extra Naval reinforcements for French campaign are sent to America to blockade the American coast. Every bit of american coastline is now blockaded.

Spoiler :

Soon, my army will march south and capture Philadelphia and be that much closer to burning Washington to the ground. On the other side of the world, my army finally captures Patna in 1745.

Spoiler :

The British Empire has never been larger so here is a world map of our great Empire. May we continue to paint the world map red!

Spoiler :

In 1748 the americans send a small army to try and recapture Pointe-Sainte-Anae. They send a grenadier and two cannon. After shelling my troops and losing both of their cannons, their grenadier attacks and kills a British musketeer. After many skirmishes, the last of the american forces are wiped out, leaving my troops free to recuperate to attack Philadelphia.

Spoiler :

In 1754 my stability has begun to fall apart. Looking for ways to better my stability, I sought peace with Germany and Turkey. The British representative imperiously demanded immediate peace and the Germans readily agreed. The Turks were more difficult to placate (they had cavalry beginning to stream across the border towards Lahore while my ships blockaded the Persian and Middle Eastern ports). Delivering to them the secrets of Drama, the turks agreed to peace. Now, I can focus all of my attention on France and America.

And then in 1757, the most surprising thing happened! France collapsed!!!? Here is how the world looks now that the French are no longer players in World politics.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

This changes my plans....

For tomorrow's chapter, Britain Subjegates the American West!

It was the American spawn in 1736. If you do another story (which you should, because you play well), the newest patches added some interesting material (obviously) that might make the game more fun.

Continued British Victories are always good! :king:

Merry Christmas Everybody :xmassign:

DT
:xmastree:

It's red on the stability maps for Britain.

Thanks everyone! It's nice to know that people enjoy the story. I may do another story after this, but first I'd like to finish this one lol.

The British rarely loose any Battle! Hopefully once I finish my last historical condition I'll take over the rest of my historical African and Middle Eastern colonies. Then I'll remake my claims to the English heritage of Aquitaine.

It's red on the stability maps for Britain.

like the USA has yellow in many areas of Europe for no reason at all?
the :):):):):):):) stability map has major errors :(
Britain should have at least the North areas and Bordeaux yellow (or better, green). because of its connections to it. and it once controlled much of northern France anyway. it has better reasons to have France yellow than USA having it yellow.

like the USA has yellow in many areas of Europe for no reason at all?
the :):):):):):):) stability map has major errors :(
Britain should have at least the North areas and Bordeaux yellow (or better, green). because of its connections to it. and it once controlled much of northern France anyway. it has better reasons to have France yellow than USA having it yellow.

I agree, at the very least I should have yellow tiles in Western and Northern France. What i don't understand is that Britain has yellow tiles in Yemen even though Britain only owned the country for 40 years, but Britain gets no yellow tiles in France where they owned territory for centuries and fought a way that lasted over 80 years? Oh well, RFC is so good in everything else, I guess I can forgive them for this transgression against Britain....

I agree, at the very least I should have yellow tiles in Western and Northern France. What i don't understand is that Britain has yellow tiles in Yemen even though Britain only owned the country for 40 years, but Britain gets no yellow tiles in France where they owned territory for centuries and fought a way that lasted over 80 years? Oh well, RFC is so good in everything else, I guess I can forgive them for this transgression against Britain....

not only against britain, but germany, that lacks territories in GERMANY ITSELF! :eek:
take a look, everything south of the danish peninsula. and some tiles west of these tiles to the south of the danish peninsula.
RFC is great, would be even better if it didn't had that many errors (i don't like that :( and if USA, who never controlled France or Italy, has yellow in it, why Germany can't have the borders it had in WWII yellow? and France should have Spain yellow because of the war of spanish sucession)

---
when is the next update coming? :D

The US' yellow in Italy and France represents the military bases that they got after WWII, but yeah Britain's maps are wrong.

the bases? then other civs should have cores in some places just because they had some small influence or 10 soldiers in other nations in these areas?
the millitary bases wouldn't explain everything, because if USA has yellow in these areas then it should have in Germany (bases + west germany). same for Russia in some areas.
apart frmo that Britain and France for some moment also had these "ultra-influential bases" in some areas in Germany.

---
about the Chicago-Detroit problem :
Spoiler :

here you guys can see that Chicago is riverside and has enough resources to grow to a big size while having a massive production.
Detroit (1) has more mining resources, but isn't riverside and has 4 more lakes than Chicago (so you can't improve as many tiles as Chicago can, so less productive Towns or workshops), apart from blockading potential good areas (2 and 3)
to be able to make use of the resources that detroit would use, we would build a new city, at either spot 2 or 3.
apart from Chicago being stronger than Detroit, we would have 1 more powerful city.
spot 2 would be the best option, because it has a river, and has more food resources, allowing it to grow bigger, at the cost of 1 coal and 1 horse. it also wouldn't come in conflict with chicago and will have only 1 mountain in its area.

need moar updates!

This story makes me want to play Britain again. :p

Btw, map of Pax Britannica courtesy of Wikipedia:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/The_British_Empire.png

this history also made me start a Britain game again :D the chicago screenshot i showed here is from that game :)

that just show us how big are the flaws in the england stability map :sad:

btw :
Charlemagne Empire (could be used to either France or German stability maps, or both, but i think french would be better) :
Spoiler :

now prepare to cry...German Empire :
Spoiler :

Germany up-to-date :
Spoiler :

see what i meant by core territories red in the german stability map? half germany is red to Germany. :cry: it's just... :cry: the wrong stability maps are the only bad points RFC has :(
another thing : considering that Austria once had territories in the low countries, i think Germany should have yellow here :( maybe even South Italy (another territory that was, once, owned by Austria)
about USA having yellow in Europe, even if they had 10000 bases here they wouldn't own any cities here, having a base would be represented by having units here.

----

both 2 and 3 are in the coast, 3 has 1 sea resource and 2 has 2 sea resources

The Mongol stability map is the most egregious violation.

yes, considering that they influencied entire areas. and when they broke other mongol khanates were formed. :rolleyes:
Timurids,Golden Horde...and China was ruled by a Mongol dynasty for some time.
Spoiler :

considering that the founder of the Mughal Empire was a descendant of Timur (that maybe has links to Genghis), the mongols could have yellow in India too.

-----
WIM
take a look again, tile South-East of 3 is a water tile with clam.

Top Bottom