(RFC) The British Empire

It's Quasi-historical. Ethiopia controls modern day Sudan, which was part of the empire. Besides, it still let's me consider invading Egypt and moving into the Holy Land.

Either tonight or tomorrow. It depends when my flight lands lol. Don't worry it's coming soon

The British Empire needs time to rest and heal after the costly and expensive wars in North America. But Britain is stronger than ever because of two important events: 1. I have two new cities in Canada (Pointe-Sainte-Annae and Louisbourg) and 2. I changed civics to Democracy, Freedom of Speech and Emancipation.

1. Canada has now opened up completely. The South is protected from Indian raids because of the americans and the west can be easily protected by a very minimal force. In the following years Canada and Australia become the two large areas in the Empire where their tiles are largely unworked. Having created another six workers created in Canada and another six in Australia already, these two dominions have become the two prime engines of economic growth in the empire as forests are cleared, resources are mined, and towns and farms built up. So the economy is rebounding with astonishing speed and will continue to grow in the future.

2. Changing civics will have an incredible affect on the expansion of the Empire. Emancipation is making my cities happier and grow to larger. Free Speech is making all my cottages grow much faster and making all my city's cultural borders grow all over the empire. And Democracy makes my my towns provide production as well. Theses civics are making my borders stronger and more secure, my cities more productive and my economy is rebounding at an incredible rate.

After several years, Britain is more powerful than ever before. Which is all for the best because another war has started!

In 1817, another world congress convenes and Mongolia asks for Patna and his allies force the deal through. Britain will not give up any its cities to these barbarian mongrels, so War is declared.The battle Lines are drawn:

Britain v. Russia, Mongolia, Khmer, and Mali.

Here's a map of what we're looking at.

Spoiler :

Looking over international relations, it's shown that not only my old allies Spain and the Dutch declared war on my enemies as well, but so has Germany and the Ottoman Empire. Now every one Russia's major enemies are at war with them as well. So, Britain is going to focus only on the Mali and the Khmer.

Here's a copy of Africa.

Spoiler :

In 1823 British warships sail into Southeast Asia and blockade all Khmer ports.

Spoiler :

Britain's renewed forces gather together at Pointe-Sainte-Anne with reinforcements from Britain and sail to Africa. In 1826 British forces unload near Sefadu in western Africa and British warships blockade all of Western Africa.

Spoiler :

A few years later, the city is razed by Britain's disciplined army.

Spoiler :

An enraged Mali force of War Elephants counterattack and almost destroy parts of the British forces. Wounded soldiers are loaded onto the ships and set sail for Spanish West Africa to re-cooperate before the march on the Mali's capital.

As this is all going on, Turkey and Germany seek closer diplomatic ties with the British Empire as they continue to fight alongside Britain against Russian and Mongolia. Several cities in Eastern Europe have changed hands between Russia and Germany and their stability rates show the Mali and the Russians are unstable/collapsing. Good...

In 1844, a Khmer force had traveled through the Mongolian Empire and were fighting in northeastern Turkey in Persia. After having many troops and being weakened, they march to Lahore hoping to make it back to Indochina.

Spoiler :

The Imperial Indian Army in Delhi readies themselves, but Britain doesn't want to fight the Khmer here. Their forces are in between two rivers and two mountains, making their defense position impregnable. So, peace was sought and the Khmer humbly hand over gold to secure peace in 1844.

Ethiopia captures Quelimane in Eastern Africa, making all Eastern Africa now part of the British Empire.

The Mali are having stability problems and Accra, their only other major port on the coast, has left the Mali Empire. Feeling there is little left in continuing this war now, I seek peace with Russian and the Mali. They both readily agree as both have to address their own domestic problems. Only Mongolia continues the fight against me and my allies. Electricity is about to be researched and I'm only one tech away from becoming the first to enter the modern age. That is my ultimate priority right now and so peace is secured.

Britain has restored her honor among the nations of the World, her troops fought valiantly and the world again trembles at the approach of her navy and army. Within the following years, they will have defeated the world because of the greatness of her Empire and her technological superiority.

For Tomorrow's chapter, Britain Races to the End!

a very nice read looking forward to its conclusion

For Tomorrow's chapter, Britain Races to the End!

Victory through UHV? Why not attempt domination?

The Imperial Indian Army in Delhi readies themselves, but Britain doesn't want to fight the Khmer here. Their forces are in between two rivers and two mountains, making their defense position impregnable. So, peace was sought and the Khmer humbly hand over gold to secure peace in 1844.

Upgrading your muskets into redcoats and positioning them east of the Indus river would have stopped the Khmer invasion. Just wait for the enemy to weaken themselves.

Victory through UHV? Why not attempt domination?

Upgrading your muskets into redcoats and positioning them east of the Indus river would have stopped the Khmer invasion. Just wait for the enemy to weaken themselves.

I don't have rifles yet. I've skipped it to focus on naval techs and getting to the modern age. Once I get to the modern age I'll research it in like 3 turns.

I'm also going to keep playing after I get the victory conditions. The rest of the world hasn't yet been enlightened by virtuous British rule yet lol.

All right, this is going to be a seriously long post :lol:

As I mentioned before, Britain's Ethiopian allies attacked and conquered Quelimane in East Africa.

In the 1850s, Turkey continued the war against Mongolia. The war has been increasing Turkey's instability Persia and finally the Iranians throw off the shackles of the Ottoman Empire and found Iran to west of British India.

With Turkey's borders having receded back into the Middle East, the Mongols sign an open border agreement with Iran and move their forces south towards Lahore.

Britain moves her forces north of Lahore between the mountain ranges and the river north of the City. After an exchange of cannon fire between the two armies, the Mongols attack and mostly die at the hands of the British soldiers. A few turns later, the British army makes a surprise attack over the mountain to attack the hurt mongol troops and eradicates them. The Mongols, realizing they cannot feasibly continue the war in India sue for peace and hand over gold to the British Empire for mercy. They willingly give it.

In 1868 Radio is researched and Britain is the first to enter the Modern Age!

I just love those cool modern age cities! only cooler age buildings is classical age Rome.

I win the game with my UHV. Here's a few of the graphs documenting British power of the ages.

GNP over time

Overall Score

Production Scores

Power

Culture

Demographics

Greatest Cities in the World

The British Empire has now officially won. A few things to notice: British culture and money is bigger than the rest of world by leaps and bounds, but British Power is has steadily fallen over time (although Britain retains the title of #1 Navy). In the following years, Britain must look to extend its borders and build up its army. The British Lion is still hungry for land and no one should deny the Lion its meal!

For tomorrow's chapter, the Rise of the British Pharaohs! :egypt:

I'm surprised that your power was actually so low

Well, only Britain has been producing military units with the rest of my cities in the colonies making commercial/research buildings. That's kept my military power fairly static while others have increased their power. I can still project power much more effectively than anyone else because of the size and the power of my navy, but my overall power still has suffered. The other thing is that my units haven't been upgraded while the rest of the world has riflemen. Hopefully in the following years I can modernize my military and start devoting more and more cities to building military units.

Top Bottom