Rome: A History (RFC RAND)

Darth Andrew

Chieftain
Inspired by Danger Bird's excellent Persian tale, I'm playing as the Romans in RFC RAND, Monarch (I think), high Earth likeness. Like Danger Bird's, it will be told from a historical point of view, and not first or third-person. However, I'll interrupt with out-of-chararacter (OOC) tidbits, usually dealing with gameplay features, or my own newbish thoughts.

Index
---------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Prehistory

1.1 Civilization
---------------------------------------------------------------------​

1.1 Civilization

At present, historians are still trying to date Roman prehisotry (OOC: RFC doesn't provide a date for early civilizations, right? Do I have to reach a particular tech?). As such, all sections of "1. Prehistory" are undated, though many experts believe that these historical events occur around 800 B.C.

The Roman nomads, tired of merely living off the land, created their first settlement under their first despot, Augustus Caesar (Caesar being a general term for leader), near the village of Sur. They named it Roma, in honor of the legend of Romulus and Remus.

After sighting the powerful Roman Legions, Sur pledged their oath to the Romans, on the condition that a temple be constructed for their Hindu faith. As the Romans were in awe of this mysterious (OOC: I know next to nothing about Hinduism. :lol: ) religion, Augustus renamed the village Tyrus ("Awe of the Ātman), and decreed that the temple be built.

Soon after, Neapolis and Arretium were founded near excellent sources of stone, gold, and marble.

A reproduction of an original geographical map. OOC: How can I rotate the camera? I've seen others do it.

As the Roman people worked the land for livestock and construction materials, they met other civilizations. Cyrus of Persia greeted them, while a warrior of the Celts approached Roman territory. Responding to the probable Celtic threat, Augustus gathered with his military duces and decided to dispatch a Legion from Roma to Tyrus.

When the Celts attacked Tyrus, the Legion proved decisive (OOC: only picture I had of the battle was terrible, so I won't use it), and thus it was nicknamed 1st "Celtic" Legion. Soon after, Persian diplomats arrived in Roma, demanding that Rome share the secrets of iron working. Augustus, who was personally at the meeting, refused, but it was decided that Rome would teach Persia their alphabet in exchange for the ideas that detail only one god exists, monotheism.

While this occurred, a monument honoring Rome was built in Roma, along with the Hindu temple in Tyrus.

Not even a fortnight had passed when diplomats from the Egyptian Kingdom, surrounded by an armed guard, arrived just outside Roma. However, instead of bringing peaceful relations, they brought war.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Damn those Egyptians! :mad: One turn I encountered them, the next they declared war. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

So that's it for my first entry. :D What should I do next? Also, are the images too big, or is it just me?

Sounds good.

Top Bottom