What to do with a captured Great Prophet?

If you can't make a Holy Site, keep him around just in case you actually want his religion in a city.

Otherwise he can be a lookout scout.

They can be especially effective disrupting a third party religion in an area where the prophets religion is not strong. This can allow your religion to cross a critical gap, where it then spreads organically.

For example, if 12 cities influenced only each other, and religion A is leading religion B (yours) 8 to 4, a GP from religion C with two spreads could make it 6 to 4 to 2 when used on A's cities. If one other city converts to B with a missionary you have a fair fight, and if you get two the group is probably yours.

Obviously this can result in a diplomatic hit, but it is very useful if you're trying to become the dominant religion. Not so much if religion is just a side gig.

Take him into your rivals' territory and use him as limited-sight scout who doesn't require open borders

I did this with my own prophet. I was Netherlands and my religion spread like the flu, so I didn't need the GP(I had no space for holy sites).

I found the other continent with it

Gift it away to a cs as a unit in exchange for 5 cs pionts. Or you could delete him. Either way, you won't get much unless you're Gustavus Adolphus.

Top Bottom