city state tech/dowing someone who already is at war

tschukki

Chieftain
1) When do city states have access to certain technologies? I always thought they do as soon as one player has researched them, but that seems to be wrong.

In a recent game as the clear tech leader i found out i have no uranium while all others do. So i bought the two city states with uranium, but both of them wouldnt improve their uranium tiles until another player had reached the atomic era which made the game much closer than i had expected it would be.

------------------

2) Under which circumstances is it considered unethical to attack a player who is otherwise involved in a war?

I found myself in a bit of a dilemma recently. Had very little space with a bad capitol and without a single decent expand, but my neighbour's capitol was very close by. The only play was to either kill him or be killed.

At least i had mount sinai a few tiles away. So i was going to rush out a settler, settle sinai, and then build units to go for my neighbour. While i was building units to kill him the neighbour forwardsettled his neighbour to the other side and declared war on him.

At that point i didnt know what to do. Obviously it would have been much easier to take the guy out while he had his troops far away, but on the other hand that would have looked so dirty and not sportsmanlike at all. Finally i blew off the attack and dealt with the terrible land i was given. The rest of the game i spent being angry with myself.

For question one I'm not really sure. Some of the single player forums can awsner that for you just as well. Search the forums, or if you're lucky, someone will tell you here.

Question two you awnsered youself.

The only play was to either kill him or be killed.

You reach an agreement with the other player that got attacked and backstab your neighbour. It's his own damn fault if he doesn't check his rear. You want to win don't you?
There are multiple victory conditions in this game and every single one of them requires you to be sneaky at some point. If you don't have a great cap then you will just have to take another one that's better.

Top Bottom