I need advice for end-game on multiplayer

julia1132

Chieftain
Hello there !
my first post to this forum, the past months i've became addicted to civ 5, playing with some friends. i rarely go to the end game since a player usually win before, that's why i need some advices.

- the situation : pangea, 1 player, 1 AI remaining, end game, only conquest win, 30h+ game

so i'm 1st to army but my friend have a biggest territory ( not that much ), he is leader of the congress.
i'm autocracy and he is order, the IA is also autocracy.

- my plan

since we just finished other AI we are soon going to fight each other, my army is near the border ready to use. i don't know if he is going to try to expand with the last IA or going to attack me first.
anyway my plan is firstly to stop the order world ideology from the congress ( which was supported by all the other IA defeated ) and to install autocracy world ideology with the help of the la IA, the main problem here is i'm the 3rd place of numbers of vote, since i cant propose my own choice in the next congress. for this i plan to rush the diplomatic bonus technology asap ( maybe in 20/30 turn ), since he just finished 5/6 city expansions he is not in a particularly good level of happiness. i plan to brake the embargo on myself too which is quite boring since im venice :c5angry:

if this strategy is successfully applied ( need maybe 50 turn ). i plan to attack first with mass nuke :nuke::lol: to totally delete his border cities while rushing his luxury to make them down, increasing again his unhappiness. then a regular fight i guess.

note : i play venice which allow me at the moment +500 gold per turn and to cash buy anything i want. i know also he have a pool of 10K gold ready for the war.

any advice from more experimented players ? trap to not fall in :crazyeye:

thanks for your read :goodjob:

Moderator Action: Welcome to CivFanatics! For multiplayer-specific questions, you're more likely to get more pointed and useful advice in the Multiplayer forum, so thread moved.

What is the other players gold? Because if you have that much you can just buy all the city states and declare war on him/her. That way you have control of the congress.
Also, if you have the biggest military, use it. Otherwise you're just wasting money.

Multiplayer is a killing field and you only win by standing on the charred remains of others.

thanks Foffaren for the help, the thing is i already bought every city state i could and he conquered the last ones. you think i should go on war ASAP ? because i have the biggest army but he is have a close one i think and i guess it's easiest to defend than to attack !? that's why i wanted to wait for put me in a strong position by making his civilization really unhappy

Taking cities is hard. The trick is to lure your opponent out. If it's not a very good player they will fall for it.

Can you reach the cities and/or city states that have been conquered? Can you liberate them? That will give you CS votes and if you liberate a dead AI they will vote on all your propositions.

You dont have to go to war but by doing so you are blocking your opponent from stealing votes by bribing CS. Doesn't even have to be a real war.
Remember you are there to win. Only losers play fair.

oh i see :) i didn't know that i can liberate a dead AI capital, hmmm, one of the dead ai capital is not far away from my border, that for sure is a good idea to get a lot of vote, from what i remember the AI was order too also, she will still vote for my resolutions anyway ? even against her own ideology ?

Yes they will. If you liberate them they will support anything you propose. They are effectively your puppet.

Yes they will. If you liberate them they will support anything you propose. They are effectively your puppet.

thanks ! another question : is there any way to intercept nuclear missil ?
can you also liberate a city state ?

No way to intercept nuclear missiles, but you can liberate captured CSs (other than CSs that were diplo-married by Austria or bought with a Great Merchant of Venice, which, when liberated, go back to the civ that initially acquired them through those means).

No way to intercept nuclear missiles, but you can liberate captured CSs (other than CSs that were diplo-married by Austria or bought with a Great Merchant of Venice, which, when liberated, go back to the civ that initially acquired them through those means).

in this case CSs will be permanent ally ? or juste a huge boost of diplomacy which regress each turn ?

anyway for foffaren, i winn, reversing ideology gived me a boost of +40 happyness and he droped to -43, the turn after i attacked and he give up quickly :) thanks for your advices anyways ;)

Top Bottom