Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

This is an amazing mod and I am very grateful for it. Thank you for maintaining and extending it.

It seems to me that new music was added and I recognized a piece from Simcity 4. Very classy and nostalgic. :)

I have to post this bug here (the bug thread was closed)

When I spawn in the world I then open up world builder, then this happens:

FATAL ERROR

Memory allocation - exiting program.
Reason:bad allocation

This is starting to become REALLY annoying :sad:

I have to post this bug here (the bug thread was closed)

When I spawn in the world I then open up world builder, then this happens:

FATAL ERROR

Memory allocation - exiting program.
Reason:bad allocation

This is starting to become REALLY annoying :sad:

Is this just on one particular game, or any new save you start?

If it's just on one game, it means you are running of RAM.

It Doesnt Work at all on custom or normal

Sorry you had a bad experience but it's Not Bugged. Works fine in either setting. And you are using the OS Vista? 32 bit I would guess with probably 1-2Gb of ram and a Vid card with less than 1GB vram. Am I close? If so your computer is barely making the minimum requirements.

JosEPh :)

I was just wondering, in the current version is 'surround and destroy' working?

I remember (many moons ago) it used to show the strength boost in the combat odds, but it doesn't seem to be working in my current game. (just reinstalled after many moons of absence in the hope that my new system can get me past the medieval stage!)

This was one of my favourite features in ROM:AND, is it not working, or am I missing some option or subtlety in the way it works?

Thank you Afforess for this beautiful mode!!! :goodjob:

There is just one thing I want to be added to mode: customisation of rebellions.

I miss an old version when revolutions were a bane of rulers and keeping people content was vital. AIs were always fighting rebellions and I was overpowered by rebels many times ^^ Now it's too easy for me. :king:

I tried to edit values in text files regarding revolutions but it didn't work. I'm not sure if many people think like me, but I really loved the depth revolutions gave the game - population being a subject instead of object, cities and whole parts of the realm having their own will and creating their own civ if they want to live their own way.

I'm getting some error, buginit cannot find xml file. I didn't do anything to the game itself, just between ending play one day and starting the next day to make a new game, the install went buggy. (the only thing I did in between was change antivirus programs).

I've tried fixing the install with the launcher and resetting it to base state and the updating. Doesn't do any good.

I can't find an option in the launcher to uninstall the mod, and the menu entry for new dawn on my start bar has an uninstall option which doesn't actually work.

How should I uninstall? (I presume there's no way to fix the install.)

I'm facing a big problem with revolutions. No matter what I do, my second and third city always revolt and I lose them eventually. I tried giving them culture, got the early religion (in one of those cities), built early wonder (in one of those cities), and even started building the useless buildings like pellisads they had in the recommendations of revolution help box. Nothing helped. I'm not sure what am I doing wrong. Someone help please.

I'm facing a big problem with revolutions. No matter what I do, my second and third city always revolt and I lose them eventually. I tried giving them culture, got the early religion (in one of those cities), built early wonder (in one of those cities), and even started building the useless buildings like pellisads they had in the recommendations of revolution help box. Nothing helped. I'm not sure what am I doing wrong. Someone help please.

If you're more than four squares from your capital, the revolt chance goes up sharply. However, it is odd that a wonder didn't help. Normally a regular, great wonder does do a lot.

The way I fight revolts is money. Bribe early, bribe often. If you hurry, you should be able to get some trade caravans cashed in before you face an uprising. Don't get me wrong, it will be a bit of a struggle. But if you get a good cash flow going you should just barely stay ahead of the curve.

Also, building a wonder you plan to lose the race to (the caves or stonehenge are good ones). This gives you a better hammers-to-money ratio than disbanding military units. (note that settles don't yield anything for disbanding them, but workers do. so if you're at your pop cap for happiness, build workers and disband them if you don't have any more buildings to make and have enough of an army)(this might help you scrape up enough money for your first bribe.

Don't fuss about the premium the game charges for an early bribe. the penalty is worst at 5 turns or less. once you're in the 8-12 turn range, go for it. You should be able to stabilize the revolt thing with bribes till the size matures enough.

Of course, changing to charity asap is important too. as is having two unit (not single unit) garrisons (more than two doesn't seem to help?). As is heading for Senate and mercenaries or conscription.

Oh! another thing.

Small cities seem more vulnerable. See, this is what makes early game cities hard. You need to keep them small to deal with the new unhappiness penalty for distance from the capital. So you want to go through a fast burst from size 1 or 2 to 4 or 5 and then the revolt rate seems to settle down. My impression is the game offers a _big_ penalty for a high rate of growth. and your marginal rate of growth is highest for the smallest cities.

(if you can set up the terracotta army to go off as soon as you unlock enough happiness to grow, do that and then food caravan then up, maybe? I'll try that next game I do)

Also: build stuff like the forbidden palace or edinburgh castle or versailles if you can. In the old version, you wanted these wonders spread the hell out but now you actually seem to benefit by them strongly in much smaller spaces.

New question: I really really hate the "Volcano gives you a year without summer" result. I think the casualties from it are disproportionate. I want to remove it from the events file but it's bizarre. I find it okay in the flavour text file. I can't find it in the code files for the event parameters @_@ wth.

When I installed the mod the 1st time, I got a blank screen menu in the game start. Ihad to reinstall Civ4 with all the mods. Your install instructions said it was a bad install, but I don´t know where is the error. I did what the installer ordered. I miss this excellent mod. Who could help me???

Hi!
I'm currently playing RoM-AND2 (updated with and2_checker tool).

The "Avoid unhealthy/angry citizens" options are not working for me. The cities keep growing, so that the cities still get unhealthy/angy the next turn.
Is that a know issue?

Hi,
you should report that in mod forums bug thread. Dont know if this is known bug but developers are still active so make report in forums.

Man I am getting super frustrated with a few problems I am encountering and I am BEGGING the community to please offer whatever information might be helpful. I am trying to play AND 2.92 and am encountering the following problems:

1) Civ's religions are not displayed on the scoreboard and the option is not even displayed in BUG.
2) Establishing embassies does not share vision of the civ's capital city.

Between these two bugs, the game is WAAAY less playable than it should be and I've tried every version of A New Dawn I could find, but the errors always stay. I'm fiending pretty hard right now :(

Man I am getting super frustrated with a few problems I am encountering and I am BEGGING the community to please offer whatever information might be helpful. I am trying to play AND 2.92 and am encountering the following problems:

1) Civ's religions are not displayed on the scoreboard and the option is not even displayed in BUG.
2) Establishing embassies does not share vision of the civ's capital city.

Between these two bugs, the game is WAAAY less playable than it should be and I've tried every version of A New Dawn I could find, but the errors always stay. I'm fiending pretty hard right now :(

AND 2.92 is not supported anymore.Please, look here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=369

I realize you've probably already addressed this but I couldn't find mention of it. I'm playing Asoka so my primary color is pink. If swordsmen are stationary, as in garrisoning a city or recovering from wounds, the swordsmen are pink. It's an annoyance rather than a real bug.

Top Bottom