Sulla's Civilization IV Walkthrough

Excellent work Sulla, thanks. :goodjob:

Eagerly awaiting reading your next installment.

Woot. Nice preview. Probably all I'll have time to do with the new Civ as I'm working my way through Jade Empire for the XBox and only have time for one game at a time with two kids and a family.

Thanks a bunch for it. My wife enjoyed it immensely as well. She's amazed at the differences, as am I.

Nightfa11 said:
Woot. Nice preview. Probably all I'll have time to do with the new Civ as I'm working my way through Jade Empire for the XBox and only have time for one game at a time with two kids and a family.

Thanks a bunch for it. My wife enjoyed it immensely as well. She's amazed at the differences, as am I.

What is with all these people with wifes playing? Do nerd marry in droves or something?

wow its way betetr than a plain review its so cool and thank you sulla for the walkthrough

JakeCourtney said:
What is with all these people with wifes playing? Do nerd marry in droves or something?

LOL. Someday you'll get a girlfriend, and see just how lucky these guys really are. :D

Thanks Sullla, please bring your installments of this game day after day, as intended ! ;) Thanks to buddy Matrix for putting this back to a larger audience ! :)

Could we now have some nice questions and answers if possible, instead of plenty of newbies always whining when they're given something for free ? Damn, the quality of this forum is getting down. :sad: To those who think it's not worth waiting : all of us in Europe don't have the game yet, and even if we had it, Sullla's writings are worth reading, even in 6 months ! :p

kryszcztov said:
Sullla's writings are worth reading, even in 6 months ! :p
Great post Kryszcztov! This is one of the best Civ3 players in the world taking the time to explore and explain nearly every feature in a game, the day before it comes out, in a 14 page report with 150 pictures, and people are people are questioning the manner in which he provides? :rolleyes:

Anyone who doesn't take the free walkthrough of the game is missing a golden opportunity to drastically improve their game.:smoke: And anyone who doesn't take the walkthrough and then comes into GD posting "is the culture bomb unbalanced?" or "how do cottages work?" or "what is up with the combat?" or "what's the point of religion" deserves to be sent to work at Wal-Mart. God I hate that place.:drool:

I want the whole thing now!! It's all that can hold me over until tomorrow... but after that those of us in the U.S. in the game won't be as interested.

Thanks to all for your kind words. This is designed to be a gift to the community for helping me out so much when I was first beginning with the Civilization games years ago. And maybe some of you will be able to do the same for others down the road. :)

With regards to questions, I will try to answer some of them, but keep in mind there are many dozens of you and only one of me. Regading the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), I will happily answer questions about the final version of Civ4, but none about went on during testing. So no questions about "why wasn't feature X included" or "what the heck were you guys doing for all those months", for example.

I understand the impatience of many Civ fans, but we're going to keep the one part per day rule. The Walkthrough is a week-long celebration of Civ4's release - there's no need to rush through it all on the first day. Remember, patience is a virtue. I promise that I've done my best to make each part worth the wait of reading them. :)

Again, next update is tonight at midnight EST.

Sullla said:
With regards to questions, I will try to answer some of them, but keep in mind there are many dozens of you and only one of me. Regading the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), I will happily answer questions about the final version of Civ4, but none about went on during testing. So no questions about "why wasn't feature X included" or "what the heck were you guys doing for all those months", for example.

Can you explain why you moved southWEST instead of south? You would still have had the horses and a water connection, and you could have placed a second city on the coast (grassland forest to the left of the stone) with minimal overlap.

You would also have gotten another horses and an ivory, but you didn't know that.

Sullla said:
Again, next update is tonight at midnight EST.

Looking forward to it!

In many ways, this is even more informative than the previews. Everyone will have to found their first city, after all.

Hey, Sulla, I am very, very glad to see your return to Civ,
and just what a fine return it is, indeed! :goodjob:

Great walkthru and good idea (that it's something different from a typical preview and something all of us that HAVEN'T been playing the game for months can drool over).

However...

Sullla said:
I understand the impatience of many Civ fans, but we're going to keep the one part per day rule. The Walkthrough is a week-long celebration of Civ4's release - there's no need to rush through it all on the first day. Remember, patience is a virtue. I promise that I've done my best to make each part worth the wait of reading them. :)

...right now your walkthru is something exceptionally special since few people have played the game. By this time tomorrow, it's going to mean a great deal less when a lot of people are playing and living the "walkthru" for themselves. There will also be tons of people answering any and all questions here on the forums, so even those who can't get the game for another week will be able to learn all about it.

<shrug>

So, while I'd consider your walkthru idea to be fantastic, I think your manner of distribution isn't as awesome. (Just my opinion...keeping in mind that I'm one of the info-starved masses.)

Zhahz said:
Great walkthru and good idea (that it's something different from a typical preview and something all of us that HAVEN'T been playing the game for months can drool over).

However...

...right now your walkthru is something exceptionally special since few people have played the game. By this time tomorrow, it's going to mean a great deal less when a lot of people are playing and living the "walkthru" for themselves. There will also be tons of people answering any and all questions here on the forums, so even those who can't get the game for another week will be able to learn all about it.

<shrug>

So, while I'd consider your walkthru idea to be fantastic, I think your manner of distribution isn't as awesome. (Just my opinion...keeping in mind that I'm one of the info-starved masses.)

nah his walkthrough is exceptional its almost like a play by play announcer
its so cool and valuable
i got a question for you sulla

all those map choices wow is gameplay a little different depending on the map type?terrain type?do resources look different ? kinda like civ 3 with the different terrain types (aka snoopy, or rhyes or the warhammer mod map etc.)

i agree- it was a great article to read- had visuals and explained things clearly. what more can a civer waiting on the game ask for.

Very informative. You showed more restraint than I to write about it instead of playing.

Ah, a walkthrough of a game. In all honesty, thats a lot better then a scored review of the game. Thanks for making this, I for one really appreciate it.

Thanks for doing this Sullla! I can't wait to read your and Sirian's game.

Top Bottom