Warhammer Fantasy Battles

Congratz with this superb mod!.. I have really been looking forwards to it, and i got totally high as soon as i saw that the beta was being released to the public.
anyways i've been playing a single game as high elfs and encountered a few weird things at this point

My pegasus could neither move nor attack and was thus stuck in my city..

I am unably to build priests because something called default tech is a requirement, and i am unable to get it??...

Lothern Seaguards are useless, since heavy armor is an requirement, and by the time you've got heavy armor you can get Phoenix guards who have same abilities, higher power and no max. amount (like fx. Swordsmaster of Hoeth).
More than this the Highelf militia spearmen are also very close to the Lothern seaguard and Phoenix guard in the tech tree, and have exactly the same abilities except for the power..
Its a pity that you don't have the time to really put all of these nice spearmodels too use.

Hope these things will be of any help

darkedone02 said:
i havn't saved my game after the crash, i don't save my game very often, which there was a auto save thing.

When I crash I reload my last autosave and then save before I hit enter on each turn. At most it's 4 turns with the way my autosave is set up.

Attaching save files is the surest way to bug hunt.

Tue2000 said:
Congratz with this superb mod!.. I have really been looking forwards to it, and i got totally high as soon as i saw that the beta was being released to the public.
anyways i've been playing a single game as high elfs and encountered a few weird things at this point

My pegasus could neither move nor attack and was thus stuck in my city..

I am unably to build priests because something called default tech is a requirement, and i am unable to get it??...

Lothern Seaguards are useless, since heavy armor is an requirement, and by the time you've got heavy armor you can get Phoenix guards who have same abilities, higher power and no max. amount (like fx. Swordsmaster of Hoeth).
More than this the Highelf militia spearmen are also very close to the Lothern seaguard and Phoenix guard in the tech tree, and have exactly the same abilities except for the power..
Its a pity that you don't have the time to really put all of these nice spearmodels too use.

Hope these things will be of any help
Thx yes that helps. I'll check into this.
Priest aren't available yet cause we will yet have to get into Religion design;)
We will probably have to give the Seaguard better stats however Seaguard as well as Phoenixguard will get limits as soon we get some code into the mod to reflect special and rare choices of WH rules.
A quick solution will be to make higher tiers national units in general but I still hope for something more flexible.

Woodelf's crash is being caused by the barbarian warrior to the northeast of city Clar Karond attacking into the city. I suspect its a problem with the graphics in handling that many units in a formation. Im still digging.

The attached file fixed Woodelf's crash. The only difference is the change of the unit mesh on UNIT_WARRIOR from 10 to 3 units. So it is a formation bug. I suspect you are going to see a lot unless the group size is reduced.

i also found a bug, I was playing the Horde of Chaos (they look awesome), and after i have researched Swordfighting, Chaos warrior or chaos swordsman, it suppose to replace the original swordsman, well, it did not replace the swordsman, instead it replace the chaos maruder (axeman). Can you fix that on your next patch please, i really hate **** like this that i'm trying to avoid.

Lothern Seaguards are useless.
... so it's a fairly accurate representation of the original GW product then. That's not a bug, that's 'game feature' GW style. ;)

Congrats on the pre-beta. Happy bug swatting.

Nice, I have been waiting for this mod since I got the game.

One thing I noticed: I started an epic game on prince with the Dark Elves and ended up ~5 tiles away from the Chaos capitol. When I moved my Warrior on a hill just outside their borders I saw that their capitol was only "guarded" by 2 settlers. That was a very short early game war :D
Then I opended the Worldbuilder to see if the other civs where doing the same, and everyone of them had their 2 warriors exploring and the capitol defended by settlers.
In vanilla I have never seen an unguarded AI capitol.

Can we stop using 7-Zip for giant files? It takes forever to do anything with them on a weak computer.

This game is fun to play as, the music is good, the battles are great, and the new features coming soon will kick ass in this mod. Warhammer Fantasy Battle have a bright future ahead, continue working on this mod as this is a good, good mod.

Oh, and i see that you stoled a city name from Fall from Heaven, on of the bannors city name... evidence.

look at the log at the bottum.

http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=civ4screenshot0000yo9.jpg

I think all names are stolen from somewhere....

The music indeed kicks ass from start to finish. :thumbsup:

There a lot of FfH stuff in WHFB and a lot of WHFB stuff in FfH. They are sister mods, and they are both better because they have the very talented resources of both teams to draw on.

Personally I love it. The mods are different but if some stuff works well in both then there is no reason to reinvent it.

ah, brother Fall from heaven and Sister Warhammer Fantasy Battles. didn't notice that at all when i was playing the mods. my fav music in this game currently is that de bila beto, that song fits in ancient.

by the way, once this mod ever get into warlords, can you make a awesome background for this game, like a warbattle against The Empire and Hordes of Chaos or Orcs vs Elves... That will be cool but hard as i don't know if you have access to make your custom background for mods.

Oh, and what about story-line senario's? I want someone who can make these senarios so that i can learn some historical things about warhammer, as i don't know what's the story about.

Top Bottom