Warhammer Fantasy Battles

just started a custom fractal just domination noble (NOT PRINCE LOL) as random!

got a greenskin leader! odd to see indian scouts! but this clearly has most potential out of all modpacks!

awesome awesome so far

Right now the generic scout is the vanilla one. I already changed that for the next patch, then we´ll use Rabbits Caucasian Scout from the Ethnically Diverse Units Mod. But that won´t help the greenskins I fear.

The greenskins in general don´t have very much units right now (as most civs).

If you want to get a gaming experience with the most complete civs (units-wise that is) try a game with Highelves (Ulthuan), Woodelves (Athel Loren), The Empire, Cathay or Nippon. I think Estalia and Brettonia also have some good units and the Darkelves have most ancient era units plus some others at least.

I think you got to clear your PMs neneer. Just wanted to send you one, but your boxes are full!

So here I go again:

First I have to say I really love the model of the basic-orc :goodjob:

Could you unwrap all arms and legs seperately, so the skins can look different on each arm and leg? Would be great for tattooing the savage-orcs, for example.

Duke van Frost said:
I think you got to clear your PMs neneer. Just wanted to send you one, but your boxes are full!

Oops, sorry, you're right. I didn't notice. Damn that woodelf! :p

So here I go again:

First I have to say I really love the model of the basic-orc :goodjob:

Could you unwrap all arms and legs seperately, so the skins can look different on each arm and leg? Would be great for tattooing the savage-orcs, for example.

Firstly, thanks :)

Secondly, when you say separately, you mean you want the arms and legs as entirely separate objects so you can swap them in and out with each other? I'd only planned on making one Savage Orc by just painting on the tattoos, because I didn't see any point in having multiple different Savage Orcs. What kind of stuff do you have in mind?

No, not entirely seperate objects (not like the bits you´re doing for SeZ)

I want the texture file so both arms can have a seperate skin. And I think it would be good if we could have at least 3 different savage-orcs (all other orc- units also).

First we need the basic savage orc in two variants, one with a bone-weapon and one with a stone weapon - these should also have different skins (different tattoos would be enough, maybe some other variations).

And then we will need an officer for them - a really big guy with some extra equipment.

variety is what makes orcs really "lovely" IMO.

again i want to say this completley rules. If i had any creative skills i'd try n help!

i think its awesome way of playing

any fantasy maps about?

Who armies people collect in real life?

Duke van Frost said:
I want the texture file so both arms can have a seperate skin. And I think it would be good if we could have at least 3 different savage-orcs (all other orc- units also).

First we need the basic savage orc in two variants, one with a bone-weapon and one with a stone weapon - these should also have different skins (different tattoos would be enough, maybe some other variations).

And then we will need an officer for them - a really big guy with some extra equipment.

variety is what makes orcs really "lovely" IMO.

Ah, I see what you mean. Hmmm. How important is that to you? Because it's a bit late for me to go back and do it for this guy. I've already unwrapped him, so I can't go back and make his arms two textures unless I start all over. The next guy I could do it with, although bear in mind that doing so makes the entire model less detailed. If I made the entire model asymmetrical so that both arms (and both legs, both sides of the face, etc etc) could be painted differently, then each side would take up twice as much room on a 128x128 texture, resulting in exactly half as much detail in the texture itself. If you see what I mean. So you have to decide which is more important to you.

To clarify the way things are right now, one half of the model is unwrapped and gets mirrored over to the other side. That gives you twice as much detail, but it has to be symmetrical. You can very very easily paint different textures for each Savage Orc, they just have to be symmetrical. So, for example, you could have one Savage Orc with white handprint warpaint, like the Uruk Hai in LOTR, while another has bright blue 'tiger stripe' patterns painted on himself. You could paint tons of piercings and cuts and scars on another one. You know? There's a lot of room for variety in the texture, so long as it's symmetrical. So again, how important is asymmetry to you?

Man, seems really good, I will wait some more versions to try perhaps, keep it up to the best!

@ neener:

It´s really not that important to me, would be a nice feature, but maybe the mod would become unplayable if we not only have at least two diffreent models in each unit, but also twice the size of textures (I remember Rabbit or somebody else saying that bigger textures are really memory consuming).

But If you ever start doing models like giants or chaos-giants (or some other really big guys), please make sure that everything on the model can be skinned seperately ;)

I havent played the mod yet but one thing that worries me here are the leader traits for Malekith of the dark elves, which are magical and seafaring. Fact is that malekith is crazy aggressive (having invaded ulthan 3 times and in the age of reckoning game is doing it again) I'd deffinitely like to see that trait on him as opposed to morathi who did much less to deserve it.

Karasen said:
I havent played the mod yet but one thing that worries me here are the leader traits for Malekith of the dark elves, which are magical and seafaring. Fact is that malekith is crazy aggressive (having invaded ulthan 3 times and in the age of reckoning game is doing it again) I'd deffinitely like to see that trait on him as opposed to morathi who did much less to deserve it.
Yep I not happy with the current state as well. Darkelves still need much work. However those vanillatraits like "aggressive" don't have any influence on Leader AI Behavior. But you can be assured this will be worked on;)

@neener
I love the orc!

neener said:
The Orcs will start getting new units very soon. I'm very nearly finished with the basic Orc, which can be modified into Black Orcs and so on, so you can expect a bunch of new units for them soon.

:goodjob:

Beautiful.

diem sir!

i exp a CTD when playing last night---auto save loaded and i havent experienced it again.......

however i havent met people like i did in just the few turns difference...

we shall see....High Elves at war with Orcs

i got all who you recommended on....

ah, so this orc unit going to be on the next patch eh? that's good news, i like to see brand new units and heros in the game to make the gameplay better. I also like to see some good old city graphic art (like in the warlords mods) to make this game much more better.

Top Bottom