Keldath addons

HEY AXIL,

PERHAPS ONE OF THE CIVS HAS SOMTHING THAT CAUSES STC,

ILL HAVE TO CHECK IT - ID LOVE FOR A SAVE GAME,

I HAVNT YET HAD THE TIME TO CHECK THE SAVEGAME GIVEN IN THE PRIOR POST,

ILL SEE TO IT IN A FEW DAYS,

GLAD TO KNOW THAT YOU ENJOY,

THE B-RAM -YEAH I TOOK THE BOMB BY MITSTAKE - ALSO THERE IS A PINK SCREEN ON THE BUTTON OF THE MISSILE FACTORY - IL REALEASE A PATCH SHORLTY - SHOULD BE SAVE COMPATIBLE.

ANYWAY, I NOW WORK INTENSIVLEY ON THE WARLORD VERSION,
SO FAR FINNISHED AROUNF 20%

GOPE TO FINNISH BY NEXT WEEK OR SO.

GOOD TIPS...

MMM ACCTUALLY - IM NOT THAT MUSH OF A CIV PLAYER,

I ALWAYS TRY TO EXPAND AS MUCH AS I CAN AT FIRST,
THEN GROW MILITERY POWER - FOR DEFENSE, THEN BUILD STRUCTURES TO IMPROVE THE CITIES - AVOID War for a while - then pick a target - accumilate forces near the borders - and wipe the civ out

:)

@keldath: Ahha so it was the dastardly carthiagians causing my ctd? aurgh i will destroy them,lol. a update for you keldath. currently year 1780, prince level. i kept getting beat by my neighbors the french on wonders by 1 or 2 turns. so decided i didnt like them anymore. they have been tough to destroy. i have 3 cities left to take, war weariness is going up. One question for the celts after horseback riding, wheres the next level of horsemanship, ie knights?. i had to wait till i got military tradtion to make the korath {celts knight eqvualant}, but also can build cavalry. So it seamed the balance for celts is a little off because of this. I usually like to go to war again when i get knights but waited till military tradition this time. when other civs were building knights i was cowering in corner with my cataphracts and horse archers,:). the trebuchets seemed to be about right strength. loving that can bombard his terrain to make him come out of city. or can reduce defenses to zero then start reducing strength of units. :goodjob: :goodjob:

@axil go to strategy forums, look for strategy and tips, then do search for tips for beginers. many great help articles in there, good luck!

After installing the the mod and the patch i keep getting the following message when the game is loading;

"Tag:UNIT_SATELLITE2 in Info class was incorrect Current XML file is: UNits/Civ4UnitInfos.xml"

I get that for a handful of units. How can I stop it?

If i click through it til the game starts i get a CTD after ending the first turn

rockinroger ,

so your game is going well :) wait a minute - do you have carthage in your game???

the aggressive file - is
leaderhead.xml
under
assets\xml\civilizations\leaderhead-aggressive.xml -just replace the files - i warn you the attitude of all leaders will most of the time be annoyed of less...

havnt tested what they do fully with the new values.

hemperor - love your name by the way,

there is no patch for the current version -
just dl the 350 file - and play - perhaps you used one of my old patches.

****fixed the bug with carthage :)****

there was a problem with its silmarlion unit - caused the ctd.

i will release a patch soon - i wanna see if i get more feedbacks about xtd's in game play - but it seems - theat rockinroger - is now past 1000 a.c in his game -and he reports that all is weel in his game.

Thanks

Cathage sounds right - i can remember I had cathage as one of my opponents in the game that was CTDing - they are not on my current game and everythings hunky dory ( B-ram excepted),.

Think I need to get my head around the great people aspect of the game as I seem to get far less of them than other civs so I expect that's it. I seem to to deterioating in my ability to play Civ as i used to be able to beat Civ 1 on immortal but each subsequent release has brought my skill level to play at down a notch

Excellent - it will finally give me an reason to install the copy of warlords I have hanging around permanently. :)

Going back a few posts if you are thinking of incorporating chemical and bio weapons ( ignoring the moral implications for a minute) can I suggest that you make them pretty much usuable other a small period of time militarily as they were mainly used as terror weapons to break troop morale rather than effectively as to give a military advantage. ( i.e. the smallpox ridden blankets given to native americans ( despicable act) and the use of phosgene and chlorine in WW1). I have the unfortunate experience of dealing with both the chemical reagents personally (I am a trained chemist) and can say they probably crippled as many as the own side using them in WW1 as those of the enemy.

hey axil,
a trained chemist? ..impressive :),

i gave up my biology studies for managment and media....

well ill see what i can come up with bout this.

im 95% through with the covertion to warlords!!!!

after that - cross your fingers - ill test the new version.

if all goes well - by tommorow evening -ill upload the mod :)

First off great addon to the Sevo mod. Though I havent plaid Sevo by itself without your mod. Love all the extra units and buildings as well. Thing is on my game as the Americans, it crashed after 80 turns or so. I did some editing to the map before I started. Deleting several factions to make the game run faster. In the turn where it crashes another civ had just built the sphinx, not sure if that had anything to do with it. Im not sure how it could happen but it happens from all the quick saves ive tried. Is there any things that may happen if you manually delete civs. Should I just kill them off normally to keep this from happening. Any advice would be great.

Another thing, is it just me or is the map of Europe completly screwed. Is there another huge world map that can be downloaded to be used with this great mod.

Thanks for all ur hard work, and looking to a response...

Heath

@Keldath
I have a ctd in the early game when playing as Brazil. It usually happens when I'm about to build the "cruzade". I hope this may help.

hello guys

thanks for the replies,

ok - i need your saves before the crush,

there is a known problem with the crush - the carthaginians,

when civ game is doing a ctd - it usually comes from a graphic problem,

i bet that both of you guys have carthage on your game -

for example - rockinroger
got to the year 1700+ with no crush.

keep me posted - i think ill release a warlord version in two days - then ill release a fix patch.

plz keep me posted about your ctd

**HClark54

well - to find the cause of the crush - eliminate with the debug tools - or world builder the probable cause - i took our every civ that was to finnish a build - then - i ssaw the there wasnt any ctd - so i narrowed it down and found the cause.

and im not familiar with premade maps for this mod...

@keldath, a update in my current game, celts year 1918. Im attacking the rest of france. just upgraded all my trebs to cannons. ranged bombardment is working for the cannons just fine. now the frigates and ship of the lines cant bombard the city. Is this a glitch or bug. Or was their abilty to bombard cities taken away?

@ keldath, year 1932. have destroyers and artillary. finished off france marching to babylon. the destroyers and artillery ranged bombardment work. love the fact that destroyers can bombard the shore line. balance issue with korath and calvery. is this just specific to celts civ? korath 18 strength, cavs 15 strength. korath uses a stick cavs use rifle both cant be built till military tradtion. maybe korath should be moved earlier to guilds?

I didnt download the last version of the addon, still have to finish off 50~ turns of a game before, but last days and the next days from now on I couldent play much and I wont play much hehe, my baby is just borned(Im dady!!) and my university starts friday, so I dunno how much I can play sitll, gotta figure out it with the time :p
Anyway as soon as I finish this game(me wanna win cultural victory!!) I download last version of your addon and give it a try(with always war by gir MauhauhA, must be funny(just for fun))
Anyway keep it up..but, will you give up of vanilla?? Cuz I gotta no money for warlords for at least 1 month or so -.- :cry:

Thanks for your reply Keldath, though i dont understand all of it. Probably because i didnt give u enough info on my game and problem so here goes.
I am playing with america on the earth 18 civ map. Without your latest patch. Which doesnt allow all those new civs that are in the patch, only the civs that came with the original game. So Carthage if its in the game its as a barbarian city. I will load up the game and try it again. What do you mean with debug tools and world builder? Ive seen the debug tools button but not quite sure how it works. As for the world builder, I use that to edit the map I play on, I used to use the Total Realism map, from another mod because its way more accurate then the current 18 Civ Earth map, the one that Rockinroger ( thanks for ur help btw) posted for me to look at is the one ive been using since i completely reinstalled Civ because I was having problems loading the Sevo mod. Honestly Im not as schooled on a computer and its applications as much as i would like to be.

Anyway, so can i not use the world builder at all, is that what you are saying or are there certain things I cant or should not do while using the world builder? I have to tell you that your mod is like buying an expansion pack, except Ive never bought an expansion pack that added as much to the game as your addon and Sevo's mod. My thanks goes to you and those that made this mod possible. That said I still want to know what I can and cant do so I can enjoy this mod to the fullest.

Ps Congrats to Arlborn for the birth of his baby boy. Wow I cant imagine the changes that is bringing to your life. I wish the best with your son, school, and life.

Heath

now the frigates and ship of the lines cant bombard the city. Is this a glitch or bug. Or was their abilty to bombard cities taken away?

I can also confirm this as I'm also seeing it though ironclads appear to be fine

Any chance of there appearing a full Dale's with stacks version appear along side the current style at some, remember playing CTP2 and think that the way there did combat was better then the version of Civ at the time. I am loving seeing the specialized troops btw - go Summerian War Chariots :)

Top Bottom