[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

i sucked it up and bought another cd of warlords, the draw to this mod was too strong.

love the mod, only critique is that i can see all of the resources before i can use them. i don't know (and maybe it's just a personal preference) but i almost feel like i am cheating as i plan the early game. i liked the implimentation of the late, great sevo's optional resource ignorance, makes the early game very interesting:

Spoiler :
23) Resource ignorance -- "Fair start" variant first done by Fujisan as an add-on for Sevomod 2.0; ALL resources now have reveal techs: Mining: Gems, Gold, Silver; The Wheel: Stone; Agriculture: Banana, Rice, Wheat, Corn, Sugar; Fishing: Clam, Fish, Crab, Pearls; Sailing: Whale, Silk; Animal Husbandry: Cow, Horse, Pig, Sheep; Hunting: Fur, Deer, Ivory; Pottery: Dye, Salt, Coffee; Mysticism: Incense, Spices, Wine; Masonry: Marble; Priesthood: Sulphur; Monarchy: Cotton. If your civ is too primitive to understand the value of a thing, you shouldn't know it's there! Plus this will add some variety to the starting techs as they now also dictate what you know when you start the game and might change your initial strategy (as opposed to just chop-rusing all time)! Finally, since mysticism-starting civs usually race for religions, they have a cluster of "weaker" resources (well, they can't be used until plantations are available), which might balance things just a teeeeeny bit. *shrug*.

any chance this could be implimented?

thanks for a great mod.

i sucked it up and bought another cd of warlords, the draw to this mod was too strong.

love the mod, only critique is that i can see all of the resources before i can use them. i don't know (and maybe it's just a personal preference) but i almost feel like i am cheating as i plan the early game. i liked the implimentation of the late, great sevo's optional resource ignorance, makes the early game very interesting:

Spoiler :
23) Resource ignorance -- "Fair start" variant first done by Fujisan as an add-on for Sevomod 2.0; ALL resources now have reveal techs: Mining: Gems, Gold, Silver; The Wheel: Stone; Agriculture: Banana, Rice, Wheat, Corn, Sugar; Fishing: Clam, Fish, Crab, Pearls; Sailing: Whale, Silk; Animal Husbandry: Cow, Horse, Pig, Sheep; Hunting: Fur, Deer, Ivory; Pottery: Dye, Salt, Coffee; Mysticism: Incense, Spices, Wine; Masonry: Marble; Priesthood: Sulphur; Monarchy: Cotton. If your civ is too primitive to understand the value of a thing, you shouldn't know it's there! Plus this will add some variety to the starting techs as they now also dictate what you know when you start the game and might change your initial strategy (as opposed to just chop-rusing all time)! Finally, since mysticism-starting civs usually race for religions, they have a cluster of "weaker" resources (well, they can't be used until plantations are available), which might balance things just a teeeeeny bit. *shrug*.

any chance this could be implimented?

thanks for a great mod.

Hi man,

Interesting point of view.:goodjob:
It's already done for some ressources, as Gems, Silver or Gold. Meanwhile, some ressources (most of them agricultural) were already known by nomadic tribes and peoples, such as deer or banana . So i don't agree for all of them.
Where i agree with you is for ressources such as silk, cotton or pearls for example, which need a knowledge to be reknown and "prepared" to be used. As soon as we will all back for our hollidays, we will look at that. Maybe some changes, who knows ? ;)

Hian the Frog.

IMO, you are either playing at a level that is to easy for you, so go up a level or two.

Or and I hope this is not the case - the mod is unbalanced in favor of the human player. Overseas invasion should not be as easy as you are suggesting.

I'm playing on Noble as it is with no advatages or disadvantages.

But You are right - this ivasion was easy, as English had only redcoats and cannons :lol: - but anyway was much easier to send choppers that to send transports, and to move stacks of units through the land

btw. I wonder why fleet has no any advantages on the older ones as ground troops. I lost couple of battleships to privaters and frigates (strength 40 to 5-8) Scenario always the same: first fight - won, second fight - won, third - battleship sunk.
I would like to see IIWW Yamato Dreadnout sunk by hordes of wooden frigates :lol:

lol... The trick is build the great wall...its bugged... if you have it barbarians wont enter ANY of your territory...even outside the wall.... once you have that you can focus all your troops (minus 1 archer type per city ust in case) on taking out nearby civs... the barbarians will put all their efforts on them instead of you so taking out the AI will be easy.... I usually have my entire continent under my control shortly after discovering the compass....and with so many cities its easy to ramp up research to make up for the cost of the cities later. The best civ for this technique btw is Germany under Bismark.

-S

:king:

The Great Wall might not be bugged. In my game, the Ottomans built the Great Wall and it was clearly visible on the map marking off their entire territory. It was so intimidating that I didn't even want to cross it (although I could).

The Great Wall might not be bugged. In my game, the Ottomans built the Great Wall and it was clearly visible on the map marking off their entire territory. It was so intimidating that I didn't even want to cross it (although I could).

it's bugged for sure... to see for yourself: Build up until you get the wall.... than build a city outside the walls.... leave undefended.... watch barbarains... they never will attack.

how does the naval mine work? and why not a land mine

Thanks for the awesome mod

hey i like the mod but i could not open the cheat console how can i do it? pls help and why the armourer units cant capture city i dont want to be rude sorry if u feel offended but its about my english it is not good enough

Great Mod I'm enjoying it. Played a Game as the Germans, Noble, standard, fractal, raging, 13 AI, it was a lot of fun turned into a blood bath around slavery almost every Empire adopted it and had internal fights going. I conquered the Celts and Mongols then I found a large barbarian island with a few coastal cities I took it and found a large inland barb city named "Rome" I think I got a mesage about them dying much earlier.
I lost to Hatty, She got a cultural victory around 1850. Next game I'm disabling some victory types. I thought there was a "play out all the turns and be judged victor" mod installed in this pack? Thanks for the great mod :)

Just an update from the Civ IV book concerning the Great Wall

"Prevents barbarians from entering cultural borders on that continent. Doubles Great General points generated from battles within your cultural borders"

Also I read somewhere, that while the wall will be formed around the current cultural borders when founded, it's effect will still be in effect for your new expanding borders later in the game and never becomes obsolete. While it will prevent any barbarians from entering your land, allowing you to concentrate on building your empire, it forces you to seek them out, if you want to get your armies with additional Xps and promotions.

Well guys , i really wish to play this mod but , becuase for some odd reason you diceded to make it an autamatic install i cannot change the folder location and i cannot install it correctly becouse my game installed in another folder , with diffferent name
it openes another folder and the game won't run , it just write runtme error !

so please , can you tell me what to do to solve this (without installing civ and warlord again !) ??

thanx

Just an update from the Civ IV book concerning the Great Wall

"Prevents barbarians from entering cultural borders on that continent. Doubles Great General points generated from battles within your cultural borders"

Also I read somewhere, that while the wall will be formed around the current cultural borders when founded, it's effect will still be in effect for your new expanding borders later in the game and never becomes obsolete. While it will prevent any barbarians from entering your land, allowing you to concentrate on building your empire, it forces you to seek them out, if you want to get your armies with additional Xps and promotions.

Lol...its a bit overpowered for this mod... a 1000 point diffrence shouldnt be possible on Diety :)

Hmmn dunno you all must not have made it far in tech as the Great wall does becoem obsolete<about the tiem the mercenaries make tanks avaible althou i think thats too soon> as to barbarians well if you dont have the great wall and are playing without custom settigns then your civ hasnt got long to live as the barbs go after the human player and hits them hard <also the barbs in the americas need to be toned down a hair so that the AI survives on those two continets > 20 to 30 turns into the game i see america, russia, incas, aztec and babylonia civs dead all from barbarians <have seen zulus dead from barbs if im not playign them which means either lower barb power or raise AI's aggressiveness....

on the matter of slave and serfs revolting ...another civ's slaves and serfs should not cross country borders to attack somone else <unless they have slavery or serfdom> and if you have emancipation they should be headed to your country to join it not mass destroying your resources..as to realism hmmn 1200 galleons yea thats about right for non european nations >chinese treasure ships etc> and circa mid 1300 for implementation remebr europeans never ever discovered gunpowder they got it from the chinese about 1000ad historically just took them another 200 years to implement the first "handgonne or arbeques troops" and another 300 years after matchlocks were discovered to bother to implement them <having the tech to do so and implementation took many european nations centuries to get implemented till they got outside the grip of the Church and its stagnation of tech>

hhhhmmm, guys any idea ??????????????????????

Hi man,

Sorry but i don't have any idea to solve your problem. You only have two solutions: either wait for the 9th of January and Houman's come back to help you or install it as required.
Really sorry. :(

Hian the Frog.

@ Morfydd:

Please, write CLEARLY your sentences. Only Houman speak and write a good english in the Team. Other guys come from Germany, Slovakia and France. So, if you hope an answer, try to be clear. Thanks.

Hian the Frog.

hhhhmmm, guys any idea ??????????????????????

Well can you not simply move/copy the folder to the place you want them? That should do it, I think....

Ohu and maybe it would improve that mercenary-thing, if you can only hire units, that can be actually biuld by any of the civs. I mean at the beginning, it is still a nice feature to get units, that are not researched jet, but when you are the most advanced civ and are attacking another civ. And this civ is suddenly attacking you with tanks (I had improved knights), it's getting a little weird ;)

Top Bottom