[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

Hi everybody,

As some of you may have seen, we had made two special hermitage class wonder for France and Germany (Louvre Museum and Semperoper). We hope to do the same with as many civ as possible. So if you have ideas for some famous buildings, tell us. These buildings MUST be representative and well known around the world as they gives +100% culture.

Hian the Frog.

Hi,
I love the mod but i'm having a major problem here!
I can't trade tech while playing the world map!!
Custom play seems to work fine, but when i first entered it i noticed it to have "no tech trading" checked by default. I uncheked it and started a new world map game but the problem still occurs! (checked giving myself writting and alfabet, as well as some techs to me and one of the AI)
Pls help me since I was playing a wonderful game, being the zulu, until discovering this error ruined everything for me.. :(

Hi,
I love the mod but i'm having a major problem here!
I can't trade tech while playing the world map!!
Custom play seems to work fine, but when i first entered it i noticed it to have "no tech trading" checked by default. I uncheked it and started a new world map game but the problem still occurs! (checked giving myself writting and alfabet, as well as some techs to me and one of the AI)
Pls help me since I was playing a wonderful game, being the zulu, until discovering this error ruined everything for me.. :(

This is intentional - Trading is not done by trades anymore but is instead done by having an open border treaty with an empire. Basicly it works like this: Your rival has Tech A - you don't. If you research Tech A you'll get a boost to research as long as your researching it - however if you research Tech B (one your rival does not have) you'll research at the regular slow rate.

when will the next patch be released?

hey guys... its seems like i killed one problem but know i have another... just wondering if its only me...

When i end my turn, im stuck in waiting for other civs to finish, and the cursur just keeps rotating over and over again.. I can move all over the map no problems, but the game is frozen like this.

I tried to clear the cache but nothing seems to help..

let me know if anybody else had this problem and if they fixed it..

Other than that this is awesome!!!

CJ

Is there a way to use it on my Macintosh? Sounds so great..

hmm....good note
i will release zipped-version, i will send you PM then (but i can't promise that all will be working fine, i can't test this on Mac)

hey guys... its seems like i killed one problem but know i have another... just wondering if its only me...

When i end my turn, im stuck in waiting for other civs to finish, and the cursur just keeps rotating over and over again.. I can move all over the map no problems, but the game is frozen like this.

I tried to clear the cache but nothing seems to help..

let me know if anybody else had this problem and if they fixed it..

Other than that this is awesome!!!

CJ
this is reported bug, probably from betterAI component (there was some infinite loop bugfixes for actual version)

new patch is under construction, i think in one-two week can be released

chewbs wrote:

This has also happened to me, but I just load up auto save or an old save and every thing works fine after that. This just happens very rarely for me.

I have been playing civ since civ2 made me hooked, and this mod is the best of the best :)

There are few things (if they are possible) that would make this mod even better. If there woulde be plaques ( it woulde be pretty cool if plaques coulde devastate your civ, and if they could spread through out the world).

It would also be great if civs could go through civil wars and brake up in to two states.

Keep up the good work :goodjob:

Last time I ask this question, will the patch have Chams african city set?

Hi,

COOL !!! :eek: As i told you in the PM, you have to wait for the return of some Team members from their holidays. As that time, we don't have chat about this idea. As soon as we will take a decision, you will know....

Hian the Frog.

This is intentional - Trading is not done by trades anymore but is instead done by having an open border treaty with an empire. Basicly it works like this: Your rival has Tech A - you don't. If you research Tech A you'll get a boost to research as long as your researching it - however if you research Tech B (one your rival does not have) you'll research at the regular slow rate.

Hmm.. kinda neat idea :D
It's like you get a rod but gotta catch I fish by yourself. I like the thing that some conquered cities (barbaric for me) give you certain points to researching a particular technology. And if I understood correctly, spies now work more like in civ2 which is a great idea!
Anyway, thx for your help!

Hi everybody,

As some of you may have seen, we had made two special hermitage class wonder for France and Germany (Louvre Museum and Semperoper). We hope to do the same with as many civ as possible. So if you have ideas for some famous buildings, tell us. These buildings MUST be representative and well known around the world as they gives +100% culture.

Hian the Frog.

Maybe to do tha same with Heroic and National Epic. My sugestions:

Epic of Gilgamesh - HE for Persia
Shah Name - NE for Persia
The Song of Roland - HE for France
Tristan and Isolda - NE for France (Hian You will know them better ;) )
Iliad - HE for Greece
Antigone - NE for Greece
Aeneid - HE for Rome
Decameron - NE for Rome
The Lay of the Cid - HE for Spain
Don Quixote - NE for Spain
Mahabharata - NE for India
Ramayana - HE for India
Lay of Hildebrand - HE for Germany
Faust - NE for Germany
Arthurian legend - HE for England
Romeo and Juliet - NE for England
The Tale of Igor's Campaign - HE for Russia
Heimskringla - HE for Vikings
Story of Wenamun - HE for Egypt
Book of the Dead - NE for Egypt
Romance of the Three Kingdoms - NE for China
Water Margin - HE for China
The Book of One Thousand and One Nights - NE for Arabs
Life of Sultan Baibars - HE for Arabs
The Last of the Mohicans - HE for America
Moby-Dick - NE for America
The Tale of Genji - NE for Japan
The Tale of the Heike - HE for Japan

That's all for now. What do you think?

Hmmm. A few ideas:

America: Empire State Building
Egypt: Karnak
England: Westminster Abbey
Japan: Kyoto Imperial Palace
Mongolia: Karakorum
Persia: Apadana Palace
Rome: Leaning Tower
Russia: Bolshoi Theater
Spain: Alhambra

Not all of those are cultural centers, but they are all pretty famous.

Hi guys,

Some very good ideas for Hermitage class wonder, National epic and Heroic epic. I like most of them. I will chat with the Team about these ideas. Nevertheless, if we add some (or all, who knows ? ;) ) it will take time to create them. So, don't be hurry....
Meanwhile, thanks. Good job guys !

Hian the Frog.

Dear Modders,

First a question: exactly what is the path, where should i copy the extended AI dll?

Second: a suggestion. If you convert to a world religion, maybe it should appear right then in your capital city and in the cities with forbidden palace and versailles.

Some more suggestions: If you meet a world religion this should not make pagan temples obsolete EVERYWHERE - just in the cities with any world religion. If you convert to a world religion, than pagan temples would become obsolate. An other suggestion to this: as slave and serf revolts, there should be a chance for pagan revolts in the neighbourhood of cities with pagan temples. Otherwise religious revolts should happen in other cases as well (e.g. organized religion and a strong minority religion)
Lastbutone :) suggestion: you should be able to have NO worldreligion. Mybe an icon in the religious advisor's window: Leave religion. (after that you can build pagan temples again).
Las suggestion: why are the fire temples become available with MUSIC???? it is a mid-game tech, and fire temples were very ancient facilities.

best wishes

GUYS,

The mod seems to work well despite a few bugs/errors that will be soon corrected.

So, i ask you a few questions that need answers (please). Note that it's only curiosity, we will perhaps make the changes/add-ons suggested, perhaps not.

1) In case of add-ons of one or two new civs, which are the best adapted ? Remember that the TR world map is yet full of europeans.

2) Is there any buildings or wonders you want to be added ? Remember that they must be usefull, not a copy of one already implemented, not linked to only one civs, and balanced.

I must be very clear. We will look at all you write and then we will chose to add it or not. Try to convice us ! ;)

Last but not least: give your opinion at the "Rate Thread".

Hian the Frog.

Salut et bonne année :)

First, I have to say that I admire the work you have done!
Second for your questions:

1) Well, I would prefer that you first add more leader for standard civ (especially for Greece: Pericles ?,Japan, Celt). If I have to select extra civs I would add the Babylonian, the Sumerian and the Native american. Adding new civ specific trait would be great as well: There is no use for gameplay to have duplicated leader just for the sake of History.

2) No idea! But I have to say that too much wonder can jeopardize the concept of wonder itself.

Well as a suggestion, I would replace the Cannabis by a ressource more linked to Taoism or Asia geographicaly speaking (poppy (opium)?)

Last, I haven't find the use of the small blue button bar with with dot and red or green cross... Any manual ?

Last, I haven't find the use of the small blue button bar with with dot and red or green cross... Any manual ?

Agreed. I totally love this mod, however I find myself searching through forums and what not trying to find out what is what... and I have no clue what the boxes at the bottom do (all of them not just the red/green crosses).

What do you mean the Mods not Multiplayer? My Roommate and I were able to play the Realism World Map for a while. At least until a Slave Revolt captured his only city. :eek:

Can I make a recommendation?

There remains little use for the "Lead unit as Warlord" function for great generals. Except for the free upgrades (for one unit) and the extra promotions, some of which are hard to get to as it is.

Have having a General (or a unit led by a Warlord) give a bonus to all the units in the stack, Perhaps something along the lines of +50% XP from a battle, or 15% withdrawl chance. Something that would make it so a Great General doesn't almost automatically become a Military Instructor.

Or better yet, have the Warlord unit be able to have more units in the stack before the crowded "promotion" is applied. I think that would be the best use for it.

Top Bottom