World War II 1939 - A Civilization IV Modification

re:1933 scenario
Germany is too powerful. I'd suggest scaling back the production power and military building bonuses in some cities, esp. Frankfurt, München, Hamburg.

Another tack would be to lower the military might at the beginning, so that heavy military production only begins in earnest at 1933, without enough might to easily conquer a few cities at the start. Playing as Germany, it was too easy to completely conquer the neutral and Russian lands before 1939. Shouldn't be able to run that fast with Germany's army.

a couple more city spelling corrections : Copenhagen, Ottawa

Thanks Laurier - I will tinker with the forces and the production to take this observation into account.
Germany's might was designed to produce a military victory by 1950, and I was able to do so by 1947... so not far off. In games where I play as any other nation, Germany doesn't do that well and heads off going after barbarian cities and always has lost in the long run, even though the ai is set to "agressive". So.... cutting their strength or production will further affect this to their detriment if played by the A.I.

I will try and come up with a compromise.... maybe un-historically increasing the strength of Russia and Neutral countries??? As for Copenhagen, that was corrected last revision a few days ago.

I've got some problems with thiis wonders - i thought it was somehow connected to movies, but - but both wonders that have movies and that they haven't movies. I checked .xml and it seems ok. I'll compare .xml today with warlords stuff.

True, is there probably a way to have two mods using just one mod folder?
I don't no - perhaps making this as expansion - i don't know how to make. Besides it's seems illegal to mess files other than firaxis want's us to mess.

You're right, but I was always annoyed that there can only be this 1 tile improvement. In packed central Europe you need every tile developed for economy and growth to maintain a powerful empire. That's why I like that GreatWall/river style defence line

I was thikning about using 'great wall', but improvments spokes better for me - especially when they gave bonus whey they are build

Was just guessing if you was putting intention into that. Wolfsburg was found to create the Volkswagen corporation which still exists.
We thought it would be cool to make VW Bettle as a wonder - maybe than it would be place for Wolfsburg on the map

True, hopefully there will be some dudes who will help you with that. Opening a recruiting or call for help thread in the main section works sometimes. You just get more attention.

We would have own section in Development Area

:D Thank you!
np :)

:) I just feel that capitalizing is some kind of offence and I thought Kodzi was annoyed by my critisicm. I just want to give my impressions. What's considered for the game or not is up to you guys;)
I like this mod a lot, what has been done graphically is simply amazing. But for me not only graphics make a good mod. If cIV is modded indepth to realistic circumstances for a specific scenario like WWII, this mod will be more than great.[/QUOTE]

Thank for your help and support :)

I have nothing but compliments for all the makers of these scenarios. I have been playing and checking them out and I am quite impressed. One can easily see that a lot of work has been put into these.
To the makers of these: You should be very proud of them, they are great.

The only thing i would have done is to add a few cities to America and Soviet Union...but you can't make everyone's ideal scenario. Great work to all of those involved!

Thank you very much :). I think that less Cities in South America and Syberia is cause by climate and natural environment :)

Not to go off-topic, but what can do you in a mod using warlord that you cannot do in regular civ 4?

I've been playing Ffh2 mod for a while now, and judging by what they are achieving in terms of gameplay and features with regular civ4, i wonder why people are creating mod for warlords?

Yup and in FfH they are many python, sdk codemaster. We have only one PeteT and only since 2 months. And Warlords are better than vanilla in gameplay - it's easier to buy warlords than for us making warlords on vanilla.

Pay no attention to the detail junkies who want every country and conceivable unit to be included; you've done a fine job at balancing and shouldn't add anything new yet. The only thing I saw that needed revision are the non-icbm missiles, the atomic ones with are range of 1 cannot be used on the players soil, so they don't really do much. You could increase the range to 2 and lower the yield to 1 square to make more them effective. And the non-nukes I couldn't even figure out how to use. But it's great other than that.

Yup i think the missile's would be imported by PeteT - now i can't figure out how to make work tactical nukes and missile using only .xml

Are the wonders for the 1933 scenario fixed?

I hope it would be fixed in next patch

I will try and come up with a compromise.... maybe un-historically increasing the strength of Russia and Neutral countries???

As for Copenhagen, that was corrected last revision a few days ago.

I don't believe you ought to boost other nations as much as reduce Germany's might in production speed, promotions and starting army for 1933. Don't get me wrong, Germany should have better production and combat boosts than others, but I think it should be less than what is set.

In 1933 there should be less readiness for any of the nations to begin war. I'd prefer to see that Germany has enough force at the start to defend itself, but not so much as to conquer a large amount of territory in a few turns as it does now. If you were to compensate Germany's starting power by beefing up the neighbouring territories, you'd already progress the arms race before it began.

And I see I was working off 7.2 -- I thought I had downloaded it Feb.18 and had the most recent one, my mistake.

Couldn't Frankfurt do without the ammunitions factory, the automobile factory and the Ironworks at the start? I'd also do away with at least half of Germany's armored, air and sea units and the artillery. Germany would still be powerful, but it wouldn't be able to pop off a few cities every turn from the start. I'd expected a 1933 scenario to allow you to build up towards war. Just my two cents.

I also think you might be messing up the AI with so many national wonders in Berlin. Perhaps there's a way to remove the national wonder limit so this isn't a problem?

I also think you might be messing up the AI with so many national wonders in Berlin. Perhaps there's a way to remove the national wonder limit so this isn't a problem?

Many national wonders like Ministries Parliament, Palace - doesn't have '2 per city restriction' - Except Palace and Parliament all affect global economy - so it doesn't matter if ministry of defense would be moved from paris to cherbourg etc. - they affect global economy - for example for ministry of defence + 25% defense in all cities. So it doesn't matter if they are builded in different cities or all placed in capital. - It makes more sense this way cause ministries are located offten in capitals and the're affecting whole economy.

There's also second group of national wonders that they affect only local economy - and they are restricted to 2 per city - so for example you can't build iron works, foundry, oil refinery, synthetic fuel plant, plastics manufacturing plant, national epic etc.. in one city

Many national wonders like Ministries Parliament, Palace - doesn't have '2 per city restriction' - Except Palace and Parliament all affect global economy - so it doesn't matter if ministry of defense would be moved from paris to cherbourg etc. - they affect global economy - for example for ministry of defence + 25% defense in all cities. So it doesn't matter if they are builded in different cities or all placed in capital. - It makes more sense this way cause ministries are located offten in capitals and the're affecting whole economy.

There's also second group of national wonders that they affect only local economy - and they are restricted to 2 per city - so for example you can't build iron works, foundry, oil refinery, synthetic fuel plant, plastics manufacturing plant, national epic etc.. in one city

Local economy meaning that it affects only that city, I presume? Is it a glitch then that some National Wonders allow to build more than once in the nation? I was able to build multiple ministries of finance, for instance, and there are multiple manufacturing plants of the same type. If these are national wonders, shouldn't there be only one allowed?

Sorry if this was broken up before. But there seems to be a serious error with the buildings that affect hurry production cost such as ministry of economy and ironworks, etc. They raise the hurry cost to a huge amount, shouldn't it be decreasing the cost and not raising it? Why on earth would I want to build these buildings when they are going to rip me off when it comes to hurry costs? I think the numbers need to be switched to negative.

Before with Germany it costs me 1377g to rush an waffen ss, I make the fixes to the buildingsinfo.xml and now it only cost 243g :)

It kinda ruins the game for me without this fix because I rely a lot on hurrying production.

Just thought I let you know. :)

Hey! This mod looks great, really!

After having waiting for the domnload to complete, I've launched it immediatly and started a scenario.

This looks really good, I thought, when the intro film appeared.

And then begun the chaos :p

I'm playing with a french version of civ. And obviously, when the program has a mod with a different langage, it chooses one. But which? I don't know, but the all game was in polish :crazyeye: I'm sorry asioasioasio but I can't a word of your langage ;) Is there a way of forcing the mod to use english? Perhaps is there a version with only english?

Or perhaps I'm on a polish forum with polish mods... :blush: Oups, sorry in this case :D

In any case, if you want your mod to be translated in the langage of Molière, I certainly can help! (well in the case this is really a mod in english of course :p )

;) deity level. Scenario is unbalanced. 5th turn Russians has only Leningrad and Kiev under siedge. Americans retreat in itally lost 2 towns already - loose most of their armies. No D-Day(in 3 turns) no americans in france. Could not continue because of wonders crash. a little american fleet left. Mean 6 turns win is already matter of time.
1) The time set monthly should be weekly? to fast.
2) Medic needs little icon otherwise it shows blue picture when it is not on screen.
3) V1 and V2 does not fly.
4) Germans should have single transport.
5) Engeneer worker could not build rail roads?
6) German armies could not entransh in Italian territory.
7) How can I see enemy towns?

;) deity level. Scenario is unbalanced. 5th turn Russians has only Leningrad and Kiev under siedge. Americans retreat in itally lost 2 towns already - loose most of their armies. No D-Day(in 3 turns) no americans in france. Could not continue because of wonders crash. a little american fleet left. Mean 6 turns win is already matter of time.
1) The time set monthly should be weekly? to fast.
2) Medic needs little icon otherwise it shows blue picture when it is not on screen.
3) V1 and V2 does not fly.
4) Germans should have single transport.
5) Engeneer worker could not build rail roads?
6) German armies could not entransh in Italian territory.
7) How can I see enemy towns?

Thanks for your feedback... some items are being fixed in the mod - hopefully this weekend, others were fixed in other scenario updates. If you are playing scenario included with mod - it was WAY to unbalanced - just for fun and feedback. Have you downloaded latest D-Day scenario at:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4152 with version 10.5? In a few versions back the sides were seriously rebalanced and I would like to see how players do at Diety level as the Americans, British and Germans - even the Russians (which can only survive and win if they take a lot of cities)... I doubt the above could occur in the rebalanced scenario and the date progresses weekly in the latest version from June 1944.;)

Would love to see more of the Beta Feedback forms (included with mod) returned so we can see at a glance which nation you were playing, which scenario, which version, etc so we know how changes are effecting game. Again - thanks for your feedback!

Hey! This mod looks great, really!

After having waiting for the domnload to complete, I've launched it immediatly and started a scenario.

This looks really good, I thought, when the intro film appeared.

And then begun the chaos

I'm playing with a french version of civ. And obviously, when the program has a mod with a different langage, it chooses one. But which? I don't know, but the all game was in polish I'm sorry asioasioasio but I can't a word of your langage Is there a way of forcing the mod to use english? Perhaps is there a version with only english?

Or perhaps I'm on a polish forum with polish mods... Oups, sorry in this case

In any case, if you want your mod to be translated in the langage of Molière, I certainly can help! (well in the case this is really a mod in english of course )

sorry for complications but mod now is in two lauguage English and polish, why polish in french tag, beacuse we have polish vesrion on french tag.

Yes, that's what I just discovered! Is there a way to change the langage of the game without reinstalling it?

I begun to translate some files. Are you ok with that?

Yes, that's what I just discovered! Is there a way to change the langage of the game without reinstalling it?

I begun to translate some files. Are you ok with that?

You can switch this in options menu - Go to menu and switch Polish language to English or in CivilizationIV.ini in My Documents Folder

Switch from Language = 1 to Language = 0 . So it should look like this:

; English(0),French(1),German(2),Italian(3),Spanish(4) - Defaults to user-installed language
Language = 0

Do you want to translate game to french? It would be great :mischief:

Sorry if this was broken up before. But there seems to be a serious error with the buildings that affect hurry production cost such as ministry of economy and ironworks, etc. They raise the hurry cost to a huge amount, shouldn't it be decreasing the cost and not raising it? Why on earth would I want to build these buildings when they are going to rip me off when it comes to hurry costs? I think the numbers need to be switched to negative.

Before with Germany it costs me 1377g to rush an waffen ss, I make the fixes to the buildingsinfo.xml and now it only cost 243g :)

It kinda ruins the game for me without this fix because I rely a lot on hurrying production.

Just thought I let you know. :)

I'll fix this :)

Local economy meaning that it affects only that city, I presume? Is it a glitch then that some National Wonders allow to build more than once in the nation? I was able to build multiple ministries of finance, for instance, and there are multiple manufacturing plants of the same type. If these are national wonders, shouldn't there be only one allowed?

Yes local means only city economy, health happiness etc :)
Ill check it once again - ministries should be build in many cities like palace - so you can move ministry to different city - but they shouldn't be builded in multiple instances - i was rushing buildings .xml and so it seems to be most buggy part

Ive been playing the 1939 scenario for a few hours... fantastic...

only problem is, that i have exam in a few weeks :sad:

One thing is there that i think is not right:

playing als germany i wanted to bring my flak to italy to bombard the british and french ships near the coast.. but that is not possible, i think because they are within the cultural borders of italy...

so when italy is in war with the british.. i think they would not have any problem with my flak bombarding enemy ships on their coast...
i do not want to give the italians the control of my flak:
i) i may want to use it later for myself.. maybe to conquer some of this beautifull italian cities :king:
ii) i do not believe, that the italians would be so clever (as a human player) to use flak against enemy ships on the coast

but the whole scenario.. and the mod.. perfect real perfect...

i want to play the dday scenario next.. i just cant wait to end the 39 scenario ;)

OK, asio dont wrote , so Do I, we have a bug about wonders crash, asio now wroking with xml to fixed all bugs, i working of new version of scenarios, in sunday's morning we want relase patch with new scenarios :).

BTW, i working now for Paratroppers unit.

First of all i would say that this is really a wonderful mod guys!
I would have some infos about AI in the mod.
Is this Warlords AI or have you done some modifications to AI? Is it compatible with Better AI mod?If compatible would you advise me to use Better AI with your mod?

Top Bottom