[BtS] World of Civilization - New Modular Loading Standard

All the bug seems to do is hang up the game until you minimize the game and ignore it. If you try to debug it, it will crash the game. Outside of that, I love the mod. The ranged bombardment is nice, but I wish more people will include a pirate or barbarian civ in their mods.

I've heard your including Diversica in this as well is that true?

The WoC Team is not.....we are not going to "convert" very many mods, just enough to play a decent game and provide examples. Original mod makers will be doing the conversions :)

All the bug seems to do is hang up the game until you minimize the game and ignore it. If you try to debug it, it will crash the game. Outside of that, I love the mod. The ranged bombardment is nice, but I wish more people will include a pirate or barbarian civ in their mods.

Sorry, I forgot to say for you to press Ignore All :D

And we have Pirate Civ done....just not in this version yet :mischief:

Oh come on... YOU'RE KILLING ME! Put the Pirate Civ in!!!

The WoC Team is not.....we are not going to "convert" very many mods, just enough to play a decent game and provide examples. Original mod makers will be doing the conversions :)

Dang, would have saved me some time ;)

Oh come on... YOU'RE KILLING ME! Put the Pirate Civ in!!!

You can access everything we have on the Sourceforge.net SVN....

While we want to make this fun for the players on first release....we won't be releasing alot of Modules to start, but will be releasing more every week, probably on Fridays.

The real power/advantage of the WoC is when other modders make their work compatible....then the player gets unlimited choices on how/what they want to play.

I have been thinking about how flexible this really is, but while it lifts all kinds of technical restrictions, there still will remain some logical restrictions.

For example, the tech tree needs to be coordinated, layout and dependency wise. You cannot remove or add a tech without adjusting the tech after it (to tell it it now has a different predecessor), of course if you remove a tech, all units which require it need to be adjusted as well etc. So even with WoC there needs to be some coordination when merging mods.

To make the integration easier, there probably should be some conventions established (where to put files, what to call them, how to structure files (i.e. what part of a definition goes there), are you working on anything in that direction ?

I have been thinking about how flexible this really is, but while it lifts all kinds of technical restrictions, there still will remain some logical restrictions.

For example, the tech tree needs to be coordinated, layout and dependency wise. You cannot remove or add a tech without adjusting the tech after it (to tell it it now has a different predecessor), of course if you remove a tech, all units which require it need to be adjusted as well etc. So even with WoC there needs to be some coordination when merging mods.

To make the integration easier, there probably should be some conventions established (where to put files, what to call them, how to structure files (i.e. what part of a definition goes there), are you working on anything in that direction ?

All of this is either has been addressed and done....or we are working on it.

Dependencies will be handled by the WoC Chooser or front end program as we have called it. The tech tree is real pain and we have some solutions but we need more coders on the Project to get all of this done.

Files and their structure are already in place....it is what you have already as examples.

Nothing will ever be perfect, but the WoC Standard is lightyears ahead of the BtS system.

The tech tree is real pain and we have some solutions but we need more coders on the Project to get all of this done.

About the only thing which imo would solve the tech tree problem (or at least reduce it) were if the layout were not done based on the info provided n the tech definitions but simply by the graph which is set up by the definitions based on what their predecessors are.

Nothing will ever be perfect, but the WoC Standard is lightyears ahead of the BtS system.

It already is.

One (last ?) question, since your dll includes some code like Bhruics changes etc., are there any options to disabe the additions you have made (apart from what is needed for the odular xml), e.g. based on some .ini file ?

One (last ?) question, since your dll includes some code like Bhruics changes etc., are there any options to disabe the additions you have made (apart from what is needed for the odular xml), e.g. based on some .ini file ?

Bhruic's fixes, AutoAI, 36 Civs are all on....maybe a couple of other things I don't know about and the rest is tied to the Modular XML.

No INI to turn things on/off...Extended City Radius has INI to configure it though.

Wow this has got to be the theory of everything of civ mods!

Well after we struggled with ViSa for Warlords we found the Firaxis modding system very poor for big mods....in BtS they helped slightly....but now with the WoC, it is possible.

V2.00 will be the FULL package for the players.....v1.00 is more for modders and "early adopters" :)

by the way, if somebody creates a small module, where do you expect people to post it?

If you have the svn downloaded there is a folder there, Module Upload Area. Put the mod there.

Edit:
Perhaps it would be easier to post on cfc and give us a link. You might need access for the SVN and TaFirehawk is having company this weekend, so he cant grant that till probably Monday.

If you have the svn downloaded there is a folder there, Module Upload Area. Put the mod there.

Edit:
Perhaps it would be easier to post on cfc and give us a link. You might need access for the SVN and TaFirehawk is having company this weekend, so he cant grant that till probably Monday.

Sorry Roger....we won't grant access to the entire civ community....I need to look at different permission levels across the WoC SVN.

I hope to find a way to open up that folder or add a new SVN project for "3rd Party Apps" to the WoC.

oh screw the SVN thing and lets get the full blown 2.00 release out!

Cool... Visa was my favorite and now WOC has taken the #1 spot. Keep up the great work on an awesome mod!

oh screw the SVN thing and lets get the full blown 2.00 release out!

I would say that V2.00 is 2-3-4 months out....

V1.00 is within a month or less.

And the SVN is mostly for modders, not players.

aw come on... quit the job... leave the wife... sell the kids on Ebay. WE WANT SOME WOC!!!

Top Bottom