Wii graphics>>>Ps2!!!!

Before anything else, I'll have you know I'm no fanboy. I have a 360, PS3, and Wii. Also, i'm going to get it for the 360. I'm only mad because I find it unfair for all the Wii-only owners out there.

They held the Wii launch indefinitly because of the PS2 and PSP not coming out...

They were going to use the same format for Wii and Ps2 and PSP?

Ok look.

In terms of graphics: Ps2<Gamecube<Wii<360<PS3

Is the Wii as good as 360 or PS3? Of coarse not! But I'm sick of developers graphically associating the Wii with PS2. They are not even in the same gen, and PS2 had the WORST graphics of last gen.

The Wii is selling like hotcakes and it would be flat stupid to not have a Wii edition.

Across the globe, the Wii is has more sells than any other system. If they can get profits off the 360 and PS3, I can bet my life they'll get it off the Wii.

Its all about what firaxis had the time to make. They just didnt have enough time to make a ps2/psp/wii edition of the game, let alone another edition for the wii with slightly better graphics.

Its all about what firaxis had the time to make. They just didnt have enough time to make a ps2/psp/wii edition of the game, let alone another edition for the wii with slightly better graphics.

Well they can always delay it. But not coming out with a Wii edition period, is stupid.

If they can get profits off the 360 and PS3, I can bet my life they'll get it off the Wii.
That's just it. Will PS3/360 version be a success?
Also if there was a PS2 version to fall back on then there will be a wii version but since there's not they had to totally redo the art for the game to fit into Wii's 88mb of ram.

It's not only the graphics that matter, total cpu power matters too.

The Wii doesn't even come to close to other current-gen consoles when looking at these metrics:

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/37621/128/

I realize those numbers don't tell the entire story, since in real world situations, the 360 cpu tends to be more useful than the PS3's, but with such a large spread between the Wii and other consoles, it can't be totally ignored either.

Developing a game for a different system takes a lot of time. Sometimes it's just not worth it. Making a port for PSP/PS2 if you already have a PS3 version is easier, than starting a Wii version from scratch.

Looking at the number of consoles sold and the demographics of those sales, I'd think the Wii version should have been a higher priority. Lots of consoles sold and a vast range of ages in there. If you're trying to bring in newcomers to the series, I'd think that would have been a juicy target.

I'd say the argument about the available power of the console is a mute point since it's being released on the DS with massively less power than the Wii. I won't pretend for a second to know how a company goes about releasing games on multiple platforms, I just know that if I were in charge the Wii would have been a higher priority.

For the record I own a PS3 and I don't own a Wii.

What if they didn't have enough programmers with Wii experience? Games don't get created in vacuum.

What if they didn't have enough programmers with Wii experience? Games don't get created in vacuum.

They should have thought of that before they announced the game came to the Wii in the first place. I hate it when game developers intentionally bite off more than they can chew at E3 just to hype the game up.

It's not only the graphics that matter, total cpu power matters too.

The Wii doesn't even come to close to other current-gen consoles when looking at these metrics:

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/37621/128/

I realize those numbers don't tell the entire story, since in real world situations, the 360 cpu tends to be more useful than the PS3's, but with such a large spread between the Wii and other consoles, it can't be totally ignored either.

I already said the Wii is not as good as PS3 and 360 in terms of hardware, your argument is something I've already pointed out.

What I'm saying is stop associating the Wii with the PS2 and PSP!

I already said the Wii is not as good as PS3 and 360 in terms of hardware, your argument is something I've already pointed out.

What I'm saying is stop associating the Wii with the PS2 and PSP!

I was pointing out that the Wii has less CPU processing power than either the PS2 or Xbox1, so I don't really see any problem with associating it with those consoles in terms of capabilities.

I was pointing out that the Wii has less CPU processing power than either the PS2 or Xbox1, so I don't really see any problem with associating it with those consoles in terms of capabilities.

According to that source, the Xbox 360 is less than half the PS3 and we all know thats nowhere near the truth. If you show actual pics of games with the Wii at its full potential and the PS2 at its full potential, you'll find the Wii way superior. PS2 at its best, is Shadow of Collosus(which is great, don't get me wrong) but does it really compare the Wii at its best?

According to that source, the Xbox 360 is less than half the PS3 and we all know thats nowhere near the truth.

Actually it is true as far as raw processing power goes. That's why you hear of people building cheap super-computers by combining a couple PS3's.

The problem is, all that extra computational power doesn't translate into better graphics, because for the most part CPU is not in charge of that. That's why you'll notice Xbox, and PS3 games look nearly identical.

Actually it is true as far as raw processing power goes. That's why you hear of people building cheap super-computers by combining a couple PS3's.

The problem is, all that extra computational power doesn't translate into better graphics, because for the most part CPU is not in charge of that. That's why you'll notice Xbox, and PS3 games look nearly identical.

And most Wii games look just as better as PS2 games, as 360/PS3 games are better than Wii games (I'm talking graphics wise)

The truth is, the Wii is somewhere in its own place. Its better than anything last gen, but worse than the 360/PS3 hands down.

@ Oldschooler
In the next coming years I believe you start to see more Wii games pull away from PS2-looking graphics especially since there are less games coming out for the PS2.
Still it's the Wii vs Ps3/360 since Ps3/360 hardware are close enough to port games (or at least art). So I believe you'll see more games developed just for the Wii or developed for both the PS3/360.

And most Wii games look just as better as PS2 games, as 360/PS3 games are better than Wii games (I'm talking graphics wise)

The truth is, the Wii is somewhere in its own place. Its better than anything last gen, but worse than the 360/PS3 hands down.

If it is better, its barely better than the Xbox, PS2, or GC. I have yet to see a Wii game that doesn't look like it could have been done on any of the three last gen systems. The Wii is just two Gamecubes duct taped together with the little motion control gimmick that's selling it to all the dumb housewives out there.

If it is better, its barely better than the Xbox, PS2, or GC. I have yet to see a Wii game that doesn't look like it could have been done on any of the three last gen systems. The Wii is just two Gamecubes duct taped together with the little motion control gimmick that's selling it to all the dumb housewives out there.

If its two gamecubes together than its twice as powerful as the gamecube! Thats a start.

Anyhow this so called "motion gimmick" must be something because its selling amazingly fast! The dumb housewives? I'll have you know I'm your steriotypical, adolecent male video game obsessive junkie, and I own a Wii! I am not a dumb housewive! Just two examples of Wii games not graphically possible on Gamecube:

Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Twilight Princess was a bad example, as it's basically a GC port. In any case, the Wii is a little more powerful than the Xbox 1, which was the graphics leader last gen:

CPU:
&#8212;&#8212;&#8212;
Wii: 729 MHz PowerPC
Xbox: 733 MHz Pentium III

GPU:
&#8212;-
Wii: 243 MHz
Xbox: 233 MHz

RAM:
&#8212;-
Wii: 91 MB total
Xbox: 64 MB Total

Not that any of this matters, as the fact is it will take extra work to make the Wii version simply because it will need to use a different engine than the 360/PS3 versions. The Wii can certainly handle the game, it's just that the geometry and textures will have to be redrawn, etc. I agree it would probably be worth it financially though.

I'm also a "hardcore" gamer guy who owns a Wii, but then, I always buy everything. Right now I'm debating which version of this to get...

Downloaded the demos for both, and they're mostly identical. I like the DualShock3's D-pad more for switching units, but the PS3 demo has some framerate and loading issues that the 360 doesn't seem to suffer from.

Top Bottom