Ridiculous AI Aggression

The Turkinator

Chieftain
It gets to the point that all civs are at war with me and only me. Does anyone else agree it is not fun to play when the AI is all declaring war at once?

Yea the AI is kind of lame.

It is basically give me your tech or I will send waves of units to attack you.

Well, this doesn't sound good for CivRev...

I love to be in war with everyone :D. Specially yesterday I was constructing the World Bank and every civilization right way start a war with me in order to fail my victory it was pretty exciting.

it doesnt happen this way all the time!

it depends upon your play style, i fealt the same though so i know where you are coming from :)

It gets to the point that all civs are at war with me and only me. Does anyone else agree it is not fun to play when the AI is all declaring war at once?

I said the same thing when the game launched in Europe, and after hundreds of hours of playing it I still think it's true. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a terrific game, and I'm totally addicted to it. But the AI is just way too aggressive to the point that it can, (and often will) determine how you get to play the game. Which basically means that on any level above King, you'll more often than not find yourself fighting to get ahead of the AI from the comfort of your heavily besieged cities. A problem compounded even further by the relative shortness of Civ Rev, when compared to Civ on the PC.

That said, it's a fiendishly addictive beast that's already cost me more than a few sleepless nights. So cheers for that, Sid!! :D

I thought the same at first. But then i realised its only when you are actually dominating everything (not literally domination victory just couldnt think of another word) and the AI know that you will win if you continue to go the same way. I often find that its the civilizations that have a tech (i.e. monarcy) higher then me that declare war last (english). And when i get close of gain that tech - then they declare war on me. Its the same as when i have built 9 wonders and acuired 6 great people and everyone else is stuck at no wonders and 2 great people. Then they declare war on you in an attempt to slow your progression. And, when you think about it. You would do the same.

Your EXACTLY right, i hate they never go against each other, like they have a pact against the human players.

Plus, the AI is random, one game on warlord i thought i was going to lose with the germans

but the next game, i won around 1500 Ad pretty easily.

But the luck is unbelievable

I lost to a 4 attack catapult with my 12 defence knights army, 3 to 1 avantage, its INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the above. I've been playing single player on Deity selecting a random civ. I'm usually in the lead by early 1900's and then all of a sudden I have three countries down my throat with tanks and cannons.

Of course, I have been playing on deity, so maybe I only have myself to blame. :cry:

Game is an absolute blast though.

I was going to come here and ask if it was normal for the AI to never fight each other. I see its a problem that the game has. The way I was able to counter this was by bribing other civ's to attack another. Don't they have testers to catch problems like this?

I was going to come here and ask if it was normal for the AI to never fight each other. I see its a problem that the game has. The way I was able to counter this was by bribing other civ's to attack another. Don't they have testers to catch problems like this?

On deity difficulty I paid Germany 200 gold to go to war with America for 5 turns. After sealing the deal and hearing "Germany has declared war with America", Germany declared war against me. :mad:

I had to pay them off with a tech so they would not attack me as I had used a good chunk of gold to get them to go to war with America.

I've noticed an agressive AI as well, HOWEVER, I was focusing too much on building and not on army, so it makes sence that everybody is trying to push me around.

I've played many games on Emperor...

I find that the AI loves to charge you pretty much constantly. basically all you need is 3 cities, and turtle inside them until you complete a winning requirement (obviously not domination).

one game, Japan was well on it's way to winning (AC), yet the other civs continued coming after me. I was completely out of the running, yet they never went after the one who was 20 years away from winning.

Do they have the civ4 power graph included with this game?

Exactly, when you get to emperor (king is to easy), all IA don't care about each other and go at war with you.

And know, its not just because you have the lead. On my first two game on emperor, I was the last player but still they wanted that Great person or that tech I started with (democracy, monarchy).

Then it very hard to have a diplomatic game.

What does everyone mean that civs never fight each other. I always get word of "So and So has made peace with So and So" which obviosuly meant that they were at war. The same goes for when i get a message saying "So and So has declared war on the So and So's"

On deity, which is all i play now, other civs fight each other all the time. And i know they do because the civs often make peace and tell me that they have "better problems to address) As well as the waves of troops leaving my land and entering the fog.
However, they do declare war on me as soon as the other war has ended.

Other evidence that civs fight other civs is when the leader pops up and asks you to join their "noble crusade" for several turns for gold.

EDIT: the crusade option only appears when you discuss world events and its there before all other options - played on deity last night (finally won tech victory :) ) and romans payed me 72 gold to attack the americans for 5 turns, only to declare war on me after i took miami and then take the city lol

Do they have the civ4 power graph included with this game?

No, it's not Civ IV, they don't have any Civ IV features included in this game. They have other ways of recognizing one's military power, but stop looking for remnants of Civ IV in this game. It's a completely new game, it's not Civ IV.

Other evidence that civs fight other civs is when the leader pops up and asks you to join their "noble crusade" for several turns for gold.

Never happened to me on emperor, the only time I was asked to go on a crusade was when I had paid them to go to war. And It only happened in the very start of the game that to other nation were at war for a short time.

After that I pretty much feel like I'm one of these guys who had to defend jerusalem against the crusader :p

Maybe deity is more balanced for the AI... but I don't think I'm good enough for this yet.

What does everyone mean that civs never fight each other. I always get word of "So and So has made peace with So and So" which obviosuly meant that they were at war. The same goes for when i get a message saying "So and So has declared war on the So and So's"

On deity, which is all i play now, other civs fight each other all the time. And i know they do because the civs often make peace and tell me that they have "better problems to address) As well as the waves of troops leaving my land and entering the fog.
However, they do declare war on me as soon as the other war has ended.

never seen any of this once (not insinuating that it's not true ofcourse)

I've never seen the leaderboard say anything but 1st for everyone in Domination, except for when I take a cap, and everyone else is sitting on 1 still. why isn't the AI going for other civ's caps (atleast as forcefully as they do towards mine)?

Top Bottom