[BTS] The History of Three Kingdoms

Hey guys, HoTK mod Release 2 --- Legions! is uploaded. It's worth your wait. We will have a bit of rest, it's your time now. :cool:

Hey man, what's this, virgin post? :lol:

Oh, my. I was so excited that we finally got it done. Finally, I could sleep on something else:D

Hey man, what's this, virgin post? :lol:

Oh, my. I was so excited that we finally got it done. Finally, I could sleep on something else:D

Your feelings are quite understandable for me.

By the way, in Chinese, I could be called a "nuclear submarine":eek:

oh wow stmartin can't wait to try the new version out and congratz it looks great! And a big thank you to you and the team for this. Probably a lil early but i would love to know what else your team are planning ^^

oh wow stmartin can't wait to try the new version out and congratz it looks great! And a big thank you to you and the team for this. Probably a lil early but i would love to know what else your team are planning ^^

Oh yeah. You just won't give us a little resting time, won't you.

We got plans (or not), but we won't disclose until we come back from holiday, hopefully lasting a few days long:lol:

lol don't get me wrong, you guys definitely earn a good rest with all your hard work ^^ Just curious to how you guys are going to top this release :D But too early to ask I know ^^;; Have a great rest you guys deserve it!

I have to say the r2 Legion looks promising. Definitely more complex and seems to be more challanging, though I have to say that it may have some learning curve.

I've been enjoying the v1 with Liu Bei attempting Domination victory, but it's been a slow ride in part the size of the map, number of AI, as well as, not much time I can spend on playing Civ. I think I'll finish this game to achieve DV before I am trying the Legion version.

Good job, stmartin and team! If you ever come to Boston, I'll buy you some drinks! :D

I have to say the r2 Legion looks promising. Definitely more complex and seems to be more challanging, though I have to say that it may have some learning curve.

I've been enjoying the v1 with Liu Bei attempting Domination victory, but it's been a slow ride in part the size of the map, number of AI, as well as, not much time I can spend on playing Civ. I think I'll finish this game to achieve DV before I am trying the Legion version.

Good job, stmartin and team! If you ever come to Boston, I'll buy you some drinks! :D

Hehe, Boston. I definitely would go there one day, if only for some beer:)

All the non-vanilla-civ art is shown in pink. I see none of the new art. Is it missing, or am i doing something wrong? (that means everything from leader faces to unit icons to wonder/building/technology icon)

All the non-vanilla-civ art is shown in pink. I see none of the new art. Is it missing, or am i doing something wrong? (that means everything from leader faces to unit icons to wonder/building/technology icon)

No, you are perfectly right, I was wrong. The original upload contains a corrupted FPK file. Now I've reuploaded the file, and it should be fine.

All previous downloaders may want to download it again, sorry for your time:(

I solved the problem by unpacking the file and placing the resulting folders into a folder named Art under Assets. (The pak file should had and Art folder within it). I played a couple of turns and so far I only noticed that the Emperor button graphics was missing. (Should I download the re-uploaded file or can I just go on. In other words does the uploaded file solve other problems I am not aware of?).

Nevertheless, congratulations on the new release. It is really (A Giant Leap). The hero system seems quite impressive besides being innovative and original. Your introduction of the release while excellent in quality it doesn't constitute a complete change log. I have noticed that some changes have been made to units. Great Generals no longer can settle in a city giving free experience to units built in it. (Intended?). The changelog.txt file in Documents folder is not readable on my PC (Unicode??).

Impressive, most impressive. While I look forward to finding the time to play this, I can't help but wonder, "What could possibly be next?"

:D:D:D:D:D IMPRESSIVE!!! Too bad you guys can't sell this mod because you would make lots of money.
I just started a monarch game with the huge map and boy is it different! Techs are slow because of the large size of my empire (I've already eliminated Lu Bu and Kong Rong, plus the 2 mainland Bai Bo cities). Imagine my chagrin when I spawned a great priest after building the Terracotta Army, and found out there's NO Unification shrine for anyone! Makes the game fairer so it's a good thing. (No matter, I'm about to take Shou Chun with the Imperial Jade Seal).
The new promotions and hero system gives the attacker a whole different set of tactics. Normally when I would have lost, I can now attach hero units to my strongest units and win then catapult the rest to death. :crazyeye:
Even at normal speed this is going to be a marathon. :lol:

One more (IMPRESSIVE) :) . I hope you guys don't get bored of praise words easily as definitely more, much more is coming your way so be prepared. After playing around a little with the Heroes (I got a punch of them now) I can only say that you managed to add a whole new layer of tactics to CIV gameplay.

I think it is time that you approach Thunderfall to give you your own Sub-Forum. I am sure many here will have much to discuss from features to strategies, stories, and maybe succession games etc. This thread will get quite long soon and many won't be able to find the piece of information they seek easily. For one AnotherPacifist would have a whole thread for his cultural victories (BTW I enjoyed reading those).

Just you wait. Soon AP will have threads full of cultural, conquest, space race, ect.:lol:

In the attached save. When trying to upgrade a specific swordsman (a core unit of a hero) I get a CTD. Other swordsmen including those attached to heroes and GGs will upgrade normally. All my swordsmen can be found in the border city to the west. I am sorry for not being able to mention the specifics like the city name and the exact hero the unit is attached to as I still find difficulty in remembering all these Chinese names :crazyeye:. I promise to study these names with time. I am forced to call it a night now as it is around 3:40 AM. Once I get time tomorrow I will try to experiment with this CTD to see if quitting the Legion and upgrading the unit will still give the same result. I might also write down the specific names and post them.

Just you wait. Soon AP will have threads full of cultural, conquest, space race, ect.:lol:

I can't break the laws of physics or history you know.:lol: I did make a promise to myself to not win another cultural victory win my current huge map Cao Cao game--I need at least domination.

Whoever is in the middle of playing the game right should consider make a save, because patch A is due to be released in a few hours and contains lots of critical fix. Patch A will be save game compatible but if an error occurs before the patch is used then CTD would still occurs. Just hang on for a minute.

OK, the Patch A is done. It's save game compatible with initial release, but start a new game is highly recommended.

Fixes:

1. fixed to include real data for Wild1, Wild2 and Sneak1 promotion
2. fixed a bug that will allow one legion's common member to be selected as core troop of another hero by the AI
3. fixed a bug that if all of the legion's common members are 'champions' (formor warlord), when the core troop upgrade, the members will be kicked out of legion but retain all legion promotions
4. fixed a bug that will cause siege units who can't range bombard to stuck in loop.
5. fixed a bug that cause the game to count an empty selection group's hero units.
6. fixed lots of missed TXT_KEY link
7. fixed(partially) the blank pink color block when a civ provides support for the emperor

Enhancement:

1. adjusted the layout of the info panel of hero advisor.
2. AI heroes will no longer form legion on group conducting explore mission.
3. once an AI core troop start to conduct explore mission, legion will be dismissed.
4. greatly increased likeliness and speed of an AI 'champion' attach to units.
5. every 10 turns, an AI legion will try to find a better core troop on current plot.
6. every 40 turns, an AI legion will be dismissed to allow new opportunity.

Top Bottom