Unit Creation Sounds Thread

What do you think about a Sounds thread??

• It could be very useful!!!

Votes: 271 84.7%
  • It's OK

Votes: 43 13.4%
  • I don't like the idea,It can't be useful...

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Bad idea!!

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters

Pablostuka

King
I've opened this thread for you all unit creators.I think it's a good idea to post here interesting sounds for unit animations for customize or accurate all the unit creations, and discuss in what kind of units will suit better:) .I thought that a sounds thread will be very useful to the creation & customization forum, but I have posted it in the Unit graphics forum, due to the utility it could have to unit creation;)

I invite you to post interesting sounds.Maybe could be useful:D
By the way, I attach some interesting sounds for WW2 units (my favourite era;))

These are 2 sounds files for tanks run animations, taken from Captain nemo Civ2 scenarios;)

Attachments

• panzers.zip
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,486
There are 2 sounds really interesting.The first one called "Rocket" is a good sound for the attack animation of units like a bazooka infantry, german panzerschreck, nebelwerfer unit (Kentonio is working on it:cool: ), or similar units using rockets. The second one called "Flame" is an interesting sound for a flamethrower infantry unit.
Enjoy it!:D

Attachments

• other.zip
    401.3 KB · Views: 1,424
Here is one i made with a guy screaming then an explosion. (used for the speeder bike death sound)

Attachments

• screamexplode.zip
    45.9 KB · Views: 939
What do you mean a good idea?

Its one hell of a great idea!! I have quite a lot of good sound files to post here as soon as I get them organized. ;)

Originally posted by Pablostuka
tpasmall: cool sound, very useful to future or fantasy units ;)

I also just thought of something else it would be good for. A sapper unit for a medieval unit :D

I have finished my Japanese Imperial Marines unit, but have not posted it here yet, because I am having a problem with the sound. I took a gunshot from another game, it is a .wav file, and should be compatable, but it won't play the sfx, it just makes this clicking noise. I know there's an amb file for the attacks, but I don't want to use it, I just want to have the sound effect I chose. My name for the .wav file and the name in the .ini file is the same. I know when I first downloaded Kentonio's Katyusha unit, I had the same problem. Anyone know what the problem is?

Originally posted by TVA22
I have finished my Japanese Imperial Marines unit, but have not posted it here yet, because I am having a problem with the sound. I took a gunshot from another game, it is a .wav file, and should be compatable, but it won't play the sfx, it just makes this clicking noise. I know there's an amb file for the attacks, but I don't want to use it, I just want to have the sound effect I chose. My name for the .wav file and the name in the .ini file is the same. I know when I first downloaded Kentonio's Katyusha unit, I had the same problem. Anyone know what the problem is?

Hi Tva22,
I am the one that fixed Kentonio's Katysha problem :yeah:
Send me those sound wav files and I will adjust to the proper level...
I tell you then how it can be done;)

Here are some WW2 fighter sounds:). The one called "Earljet" is designed for German Jet airplanes (Me-262,Ar-234...etc, not a Me-163 Komet, it is a rocket fighter;)).The called "Fighter1" and "Fighter2" are very good sounds for run or attack animations of WW2 fighters. All are taken from Close Combat IV
Enjoy!!!:D
To nonno: Please tell in the thread how do you adjust to the proper level the unit's sounds, and all of us could know how to do it;) Thanks!

Attachments

• ww2fighter.zip
    145.6 KB · Views: 999
Here are some WW2 fighter sounds:). The one called "Earljet" is designed for German Jet airplanes (Me-262,Ar-234...etc, not a Me-163 Komet, it is a rocket fighter;)).The called "Fighter1" and "Fighter2" are very good sounds for run or attack animations of WW2 fighters. All are taken from Close Combat IV
Enjoy!!!:D
To nonno: Please tell in the thread how do you adjust to the proper level the unit's sounds, and all of us could know how to do it;) Thanks!

As I will get home, I will give the detailed info...I am at work right now...;)
Have a good day!:D

I just rememberd.....:D

How to convert any wav. sound file to use for Civ3:

Go on your computer on the start menu bar and go to programs/accesories/multimedia and click on SOUND RECORDER.

All Civ3 wav files formats are at 22,050 Hz, 16bit Mono.

Click on open and search for the wav file you need to convert.

Then click on PROPERTIES.

On the next screen you click on [CONVERT NOW]

Then search for the wav format listed above hit ok and save.

And yor done!

Hope this helps :yeah:

Hey Sheer, now that your a moderator..... could you make this post a sticky? It is a really good idea.

but it's very big for Civ3:( :(

which brings up the age old question; does size matter? :p

but seriously, I have all the sounds from ToT and Alpha Centauri and could make those available, but I don't want to ost them if they aren't going to work.:rolleyes:

how do you edit an .amb file?

Ok, buddies, Is time to post new sounds. There are interesting voice sounds for Fortify and Victory animations, in English and German(thanks w.i.n.t.e.r for the translation).I hope it will be useful for WW2 infantry units;).
And post sounds, people!!:)

Attachments

• voices.zip
    262.3 KB · Views: 1,246
Top Bottom