Polish Medieval Spearman (23 Nov 2007)

Wow, awesome unit.

I really like your civ color style too. And the armor is great looking. :)

Superb work, Sandris! Thanks!

Great job!

It looks awesome, Sandris!

Looks awesome but shouldn't the beard be blonde.

Looks awesome but shouldn't the beard be blonde.

^ Oh for cryin' out loud! :rolleyes:

Sandris, this fellow is most excellent! A general question for the lot of you. Could this guy also be useful as a Norman spearman?

In the meantime, for God sakes, let Sandris finish that Spartan line! :goodjob:

Fabulous unit! :thumbsup:

Most Poles are actually blond... or brown ;)

Hmm, ah no. My company has a division in Poland, and we use polish workers in Norway as well. Not by the 1000's, but several dozen or more. Two other companies on the same little island (20-25,000 in habitants) I live on do the same. So I see a reasonable number of poles on a daily basis, and they rotate out and go home and are replaced my others. Very few have blonde hair. Most are light to very dark brown (black). I have met more red hair'ed poles than blonde ones.

More importantly, Do poles come with the hair color Sandris used in his unit? Yes. Sometimes darker even Two contractors at my company I talked to on Wednesday had nearly coal black hair.

My wife has two polish friends (neighbors). One has light brown the other very dark.

I am not saying there are not blonde poles, but that is not the same as to say they look like swedes.

Fine unit Sandris. Thank you.

Hmm, ah no. My company has a division in Poland, and we use polish workers in Norway as well. Not by the 1000's, but several dozen or more. Two other companies on the same little island (20-25,000 in habitants) I live on do the same. So I see a reasonable number of poles on a daily basis, and they rotate out and go home and are replaced my others. Very few have blonde hair. Most are light to very dark brown (black). I have met more red hair'ed poles than blonde ones.

Believe me, I see more Poles than you on a daily basis ;) I'm Polish (blond btw) and live in Poland. Most people here fall between blond (not the platinum Scandinavian blond but still blond - gold, ash, dark) and brown. Natural red and black hair are rare. Polish expression "slavic look" means blond hair and blue eyes, among other things.

If my perception is not enough, see wikipedia or this:
"There is abundant evidence to show that all but the southern section of Poland, along the Carpathian foothills, falls within the blondest pigment area of Europe. The skin is almost uniformly light, except in the south; the commonest hair colors are medium to dark brown, and a dark ash-blond. The incidence of truly fair hair is as great here as in Scandinavia"

More importantly, Do poles come with the hair color Sandris used in his unit? Yes. Sometimes darker even Two contractors at my company I talked to on Wednesday had nearly coal black hair.

Yes, brown is fine! I said it myself :rolleyes: And sorry Sandris for haunting your thread again with useless ramblings ;)

Top Bottom