Super Tribes

Wow. :eek:War between the two world super powers because of an errant galley.
Yes, war. But not over an errant Galley. We have war because of a Billy Crystal sounding wannabe dictator who has grown a little too big too fast. He would have started his war regardless of my actions. With other nations giving him gold for guns and research, he's feeling pretty secure.

...as the World watches and waits for the....Winds of War
And it's a strong wind that's a blowin'. Many will die in the days to come, over one man's greed.

gps to TomBxx.

Yes, war. But not over an errant Galley. We have war because of a Billy Crystal sounding wannabe dictator who has grown a little too big too fast. He would have started his war regardless of my actions. With other nations giving him gold for guns and research, he's feeling pretty secure.

:lol:

Nice feet, Hawklord.

GPS to Hawk 750BC Turn 89

And it's a strong wind that's a blowin'. Many will die in the days to come, over one man's greed.

gps to TomBxx.

Wannabe dictator? I'll remind you, sir, that Macedon is a Republic, governed by the Senate. Pretensions of despotism have been left in the distant past.

Oh the future is certain alright. :rolleyes:

Everyone just keep feeding E and he will sail out of reach. The game will become pointless and we can all go home.

gps to Tom.

Hey, about 30 turns ago it looked like you were sailing out of reach. I have a nice lead right now, but that could turn around pretty quickly.

Don't be so quick to give up on the game. I think it's still full of possibility!

Hey, about 30 turns ago it looked like you were sailing out of reach. I have a nice lead right now, but that could turn around pretty quickly.

Don't be so quick to give up on the game. I think it's still full of possibility!

:stupid:

GPS to Hawk 730BC Turn 90

Happened to just look at the C3C forums for the first time and quite awhile. Looks like there are just a few C3C players and games left. I guess it is time to move on...do any of you have thoughts on whether to upgrade to Civ 4 or go with 5??? Best one for PBEM???

C3C has had quite the run! Looks like it is approaching its....

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be happy to continue playing PBEMs and the occasional Succession Game for at least another year.

Didn't get IV or V. Not going to either. C3C is better than both, overall. IV is close, but they screwed it up. V is pretty, but a waste of time. I picked up a $20 copy of the MYST - 10th anniversary DVD edition, cause I grew tired of switching to Ghost Recon.

I ony play PBEMs and games I designed on the CivEditor myself. I've only got 1 PBEM going now. And the game I put together on the editor is the best one I've played in a long while.

Save your money and keep playing C3C. We need your presence.

I just looked, Sully and there are quite a few active threads, and players. I'm not sure the end is near for C3C. Too many dedicated players. Speaking of which.....

This month makes 10 years for me at Civfanatics. Granted, I've only started 2 PBEMs, but I'm still involved in Democracy Games, which is what got me hooked.

gps

pbem isn't available in V, it's OK in IV. You could probably play a hot seat game in V and pass turns on. I don't really play it a lot. I find it a bit boring. They've got the whole balance wrong as far as I'm concerned.

I've played a few pbem's in IV which I am enjoying.

The scenarios in C3C are probably best for pbem games but the banter makes them worthwhile anyway. :D

Thanks for the comments all! Picked up IV so will start checking that out but always available for C3C.

NTR

GPS to the Beleagured Cyc!

I tried IV, didn't really like but probably didn't give it a fair go.

I've purchased V; still in the wrapped up box.

Congrats, Czyc, on the new wonder.

GPS to Hawk 710BC Turn 91

Hmm, I thought I posted a GPS in here last night. Either the site was having troubles and ate my post, or I forgot to mention it in here :)blush: Possible...my wife distracted me around the time I sent Sully the save).

I tried and tried to get on last night, but couldn't. I think the Europeans were giving me their usual morning denial of service. ;)

In game, we're shifting gears. Glad this didn't turn into a CDG1 Space Race. Let's see what happens.

Thank you Tom, for noticing. As Hawklord mention (I believe it was Hawk) in another game, we were building one Great Wonder in Bremerton, then when funding started to dry up we switched to a different Wonder, and now with the war - we've cut funding. So construction stopped and this is what the Great Russian city now has for a new Wonder.

Also, in the far east, one of our brave Warriors died at the hands (or hoofs) of a Macedon Horseman. Happen NW of Syracuse. The Macedonian people are so wicked....

Oh, and I forgot to congratulate Hawk on his great feat. :thumbsup:

We built something like that with the top of the pyramids balanced on the great libraries columns. Had to do something with all the ledt over materials :D

Vary nice, congratulations :goodjob:

gps

Top Bottom