Ever Razed a Holy City?

KyuuAL

Chieftain
:nuke::nuke::nuke: I doubt few got the chance to even do this, because AI often double up the holy city with the Civ capital. That renders said holy city as immune to being razed.

Anyways, just recently, I got the pleasure of doing that. I razed the Holy City for Judiasm. :crazyeye:

This was only possible because the AI was forced to create a holy city, in a place other than the original capital. That's because I took the Civ's capital long beforehand, yet I allowed this particular Civ to live; and it eventually founded a religion with its "new" capital as the holy city.

Well, a subsequent war pushed me to punish this Civ. I took the new capital and razed it. Afterwards, I look into the Religion Overview screen, and it indicates that there are "No World Religions". Of course, that is incorrect because the other 6 still exist.

I am not at my home computer right now. I will post screenshots and the game save later.

It shows none of the existing ones any longer? That's interesting.

PS:
Another related bug: When a civ is eliminated the religion they founded is removed from the religion overview, so you can't see what beliefs etc is has even thought it's still out there and might spread around the whole world.

It shows none of the existing ones any longer? That's interesting.

Yep:

Before:
Spoiler :

After:
Spoiler :

NOTE: The ruins of Tikal after I destroyed it. :king:

Included is a save of the game. This is as close as I can get to a point prior to razing Tikal.

Attachments

• Razing Tikal.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
Top Bottom