Attila? Aggressive? Inconceivable!

Byzantine Bomb

Warlord
That man is the least likely person to instigate you, I swear to it! :lol:

It's no fun being hit by an AI's citadel but this was just over the top! Those were all done within 30 turns. He would have planted a fifth (See that Great General down there?) had I not upgraded my cannons and overran his knights with cavalry and superior range firepower! Has anyone else been citadel spammed like this before or more so since BNW's release?

What skill level is this? I rarely see AI drop citadels for some reason?

Flat land means you could probably just move cavalry pillage them and move out of range. Rinse repeat till they are all pillaged.
On the hill next to the Marsh would be nice too
A cruel AI would have dumped them 1 east of the left bananas and on the right banana or so. Your poor troops would have been in nasty shape moving through that

This is Prince difficulty.

The war involved a quick thrust to the most visable southern city, his capital, two naval assaults and then moving east around the citadels to take the city closest to them. At this point, it was game over, with the largest, most technologically superior army having already taken out the Aztecs and Mongols, with all the city states as my allies, thus making the World Congress once again, What Alexander Says Goes. :king:

haha, that's pretty brilliant. Something tells me he coveted your land :).

I've never had this happen to me, but I have to say my feelings aren't negative towards this. Even as a pacifist, that's asking for a DoW.

Only had this happen once. Kamehameha did it on Immortal. Completely ruined a city for me, stealing multiple resources. There was never a war between us in that game, but if I wasn't busy fighting Hiawatha and Gustavus he would've paid.

AI has dropped GG citadels on me countless times. one game, Russia and me were actually in a citadel-dropping pissing contest, dropping one in response to the other's dropping one to steal a lux in neighboring cities.

i've watched Mongolia drop one on its CS neighbor, stealing both Uranium and a lux in one drop. needless to say, i constantly fed that CS advanced units to stave off a Mongol takeover.

AIs have also used it against each other, in this case a city state. Mongols (again) stole a bunch of land from a CS by lining up 3 Citadels in a line. What saved the CS was some hilly terrain and a chokepoint. I think it's a lot more common than people think, especially for Civs who spawns a lot of GGs

Top Bottom