Barbarian combat bs

Doom666

Warlord
I really hate with passion how barbarians just circle around doing nothing. I want a button in the ingame options that makes every barbarian ultra aggressive and always attack a unit of any closest civ no matter what the odds are. Same with having those idiot locked allies with their spearmen not attacking a archer and wasting my time by showing useless combat forever, because they have 15 damage. Just want to have ultra aggressive barbs that always attack no matter what. Turning off show combat is really not an option for me because i have to know everything that happens or i cant play a civ game.

It would be nice if they brought back the barbarian hordes, ala civ3, and when a horde forms, it actually, you know, works together to take out a nearby city and/or group of units.

Yeah, I do wish barbarians were programmed to actually try some ambitious stuff every once in a while. Like, leaving a far-away encampment alone for too long and it'll just build up more and more units, decimating any opponents that get too close, and eventually launch an attack.

I did suggest barb camps eventually forming into city states, with unit-pumping ones ending up Militaristic and aggressive, alongside city states being able to declare war, but in lieu of such complicated mechanics, barb hordes would be adequate enough, maybe even preferred in many situations.

I did suggest barb camps eventually forming into city states, with unit-pumping ones ending up Militaristic and aggressive, alongside city states being able to declare war, but in lieu of such complicated mechanics, barb hordes would be adequate enough, maybe even preferred in many situations.

That's something that's been suggested many times pretty much since the game came out and people found out that barbarians didn't spawn cities anymore. It could probably just be solved with more aggressive barbarians able to take and hold cities, although diplomacy would be nice once they manage to do that.

Top Bottom