the oobs 2nd pitboss game, 18 players

Hi,
I am actially from New Zealand, but working in Japan right now.

I will take Frederick, Germany.
I never played Multiplayer yet. It is not clear what dificulty level we are playing on? I mean for purpouse of starting health/happiness and everyhting else dificulty based?

Email = MSN = Alexei_Gladkikh@Hotmail.com

Because I am new to civ Multiplayer

One more question. With simultaneous turns, is it posible to player to make
Practically 2 moves in a row by moving units just befor timer expired and then strigth after? This preventing opponent from reacting? Or is there any check and balances agains that?

Well, it's 1am here and I think I may have miscalculated the time, since no-one else is around... Have just looked at a UTC clock and yeah, I didn't realise that British Summer Time means the game will in fact start at 3am for me.

So I'm just going to have to give up my slot to someone else, I'm afraid, since I really can't hack those hours, even as a one-off... course if there's an AI player I can take over once the game is up and running, I'd love to, but I'm just going to be a wreck if I try to be in it from the start.

It's a shame, cos I was looking forward to this, but in a sleep-deprived state I probably wouldn't last long anyway :) .

I'm still happy to keep subbing the other game, of course.

TELawrence said:
Well, it's 1am here and I think I may have miscalculated the time, since no-one else is around... Have just looked at a UTC clock and yeah, I didn't realise that British Summer Time means the game will in fact start at 3am for me.

So I'm just going to have to give up my slot to someone else, I'm afraid, since I really can't hack those hours, even as a one-off... course if there's an AI player I can take over once the game is up and running, I'd love to, but I'm just going to be a wreck if I try to be in it from the start.

It's a shame, cos I was looking forward to this, but in a sleep-deprived state I probably wouldn't last long anyway :) .

I'm still happy to keep subbing the other game, of course.

ok, thanks for telling me in advance. You'll be the first reserve player if anyone leaves the game at some point in the future.

CB Droege said:
Unfortunately, there is no way to protect against that problem.

It is, however consitered bad form to frequently use this tactic... It's just bad sportsmanship.

For now I'm not going to make any rule concerning double moves, but if it becomes a problem I'll think of something.

I would ask that people not deliberately exploit it, even though it will happen on it's own from time to time.

For those that didn't get a game because they weren't there or left before it started or whatever, tell me if you want to be contacted should we at some point need a replacement player.

The first post of this thread has been edited to reflect the current player list.

Tried to connect four times this morning and this was the farthest I got:

I'll try again later if I can (although I may not have time before the turn is up) but this is notice that I did attempt to play my turn. (Everything's queued up for 30 turns anyway, the worst I could miss out on in the next few turns is a worker action.)

EDIT: Got it played. Dunno what the problem was earlier.

Xerol said:
Tried to connect four times this morning and this was the farthest I got

Remember, we're not all in the same time zone, so please give all times in UTC, or New Zealand time since that's where I am.

When it was failing, did you try with both Hamachi and regular?

Sorry for not seeing your post earlier btw, I've subscribed to the thread now so I should get these messages quicker from here on.

I posted the image about 5 minutes after attempting to connect. I was using Hamachi, and it CONNECTED, it just timed out during the attempt to download the game data.

Also, since I'm posting anyway, for the record I did get the turn notification.

Xerol said:
I posted the image about 5 minutes after attempting to connect. I was using Hamachi, and it CONNECTED, it just timed out during the attempt to download the game data.

Also, since I'm posting anyway, for the record I did get the turn notification.

ok, did you try it without Hamachi as well?

I noticed it is down every night. (New Zealand time)

Is it posible that computer going into power saving mode?
On other hand I remember Telecom did tend to disconnect home computer at nigth, I know it did to me.

Yeah it was down for several hours last night, I keep quite late hours so I don't get it back on till the afternoon. Fortunately the only person left who hasn't taken their turn is Ben, and he hasn't complained about the outage, so there's no problem this time.

This doesn't happen every night in my experience, some days I will get up the router will be working, other days I have to reset it first, so it's not power saving mode or anything that is supposed to happen. The main problem is that ADSL in this country sucks and I'm four kilometres from the telco exchange. It may help if I have something using the connection at all times, so I'll look into getting some kind of 'connection keep alive' program.

EDIT: got a program that will load part of random sites every 20 seconds, I'll leave this on when I'm not at the computer. Hopefully that will do the trick.

If anyone wants to join this game, I'm taking reserve players (there's already one at the time I post this, so you'd be second in the queue should you be the next).

There are a few AI players (that were accidentally put in the game, long story) that I would replace, but because they started as AIs it would be unfair for you to take one of them at the moment since the AI starts with certain advantages, and the other players would complain. I may look for human replacements for these civs later when they're more balanced with the human players. Plus I'll need a replacement should any of the current players leave the game.

I was not able to join this evening, request times out, will try again later, just informing

Top Bottom