Considering starting a PTBS 24 hr game based on Earth 1000 AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
CB Droege said:
Yes: In oreder to be able to change players, and change passwords (and correct accidentar 'Retires'), you must have 'take over AI' turned on.

OK, takeover AI will be on.

Thanks for the heads up.

Also: Just a suggestion (I'm full of 'em, I know :) )

You might want to leave tech trading on for this map. Normally I agree that tech trading is bad for large multi-player games, but on this particular map, I don't see how any european nations will ever be able to keep up with nations like the Americans and the Zulu if trading is disabled.

That's how it happened in real history... the european nations might have had less land per nation, but they were able to even excel other cultures due to cooperation. turning off tech trading will be a desth-sentance to the nations of europe... not that I mind, since myciv isn't in europe ;)

CB Droege said:
Also: Just a suggestion (I'm full of 'em, I know :) )

You might want to leave tech trading on for this map. Normally I agree that tech trading is bad for large multi-player games, but on this particular map, I don't see how any european nations will ever be able to keep up with nations like the Americans and the Zulu if trading is disabled.

That's how it happened in real history... the european nations might have had less land per nation, but they were able to even excel other cultures due to cooperation. turning off tech trading will be a desth-sentance to the nations of europe... not that I mind, since myciv isn't in europe ;)

I have discussed this with several people and since the game already accomodates proximity by reducing the research cost of techs that other players you have contact with own, there seems to be no real reason to further multiply the advantage of this proximity.

We have someone that logs in a lot with the name *MOD* Dad.

Anone know who this is and why he has *MOD* in front of his name?

Dont know why I get a MOD and I can change the Dad any time. Just lazzy at the moment.

The only expenation for the MOD I can think of is thateven though I have the MOD you pointed out it still says I dont have it all.

I deleted the MOD and any stuff with it I hope and reinstalled it hopping to clear up the problem.

But now the uploader for the test game is not working.

ForesterSOF said:
Dont know why I get a MOD and I can change the Dad any time. Just lazzy at the moment.

The only expenation for the MOD I can think of is thateven though I have the MOD you pointed out it still says I dont have it all.

ok, cool.

I was just wondering who it was and didnt see a connection to anyone from any forum I have seen.

'Dad' is just fine by me.

I am wondering what nation you wanted to play and what your ruler name and password would be. Dont post them here, but email them to me.

NOTE:

If we are going to have the 'take over AI' flag set to yes, then I think we should also put in a game password so that no one comes in and jacks with the AI civs and screws them around by making bad moves like evacuating cities/capitols, etc.

ForesterSOF said:
I deleted the MOD and any stuff with it I hope and reinstalled it hopping to clear up the problem.

But now the uploader for the test game is not working.

Cant explain it. If it was working before it should work now.

Arckon said:
If we are going to have the 'take over AI' flag set to yes, then I think we should also put in a game password so that no one comes in and jacks with the AI civs and screws them around by making bad moves like evacuating cities/capitols, etc.

No.

I think you are worrying a bit too much about security. I've joined about seven PTBS games so far, and I'm hosting one, and no one has ever done anything like the things you are trying to protect against. Maybe you're used to playing on gamespy or something? but, the people on these forums are a pretty good crowd, and I don't think you need to worry about people screwing with the game or claiming eachother's civs...

It just doesn't happen around here...

I'm happy leaving launch till this weekend and even till Sat/Sun in order to maximise joiners...

Also - would we be happy with people still joining and taking over AI civs once the game had started? I would be...

Another thing - there are a number of threads here where people are looking for games. May be worth while replying to them and directing them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom