Starting new pitboss game soon

Hey guys, can i still join you?

I'm currently on a ending pitboss game, and i do like 2 turns/day, so no delays if i join.

I could go for random civ :)

Thanks

Guys, have we sorted out the connection problems?

I still get a time-out when I try to connect via Direct IP. This is exactly what I use to try and enter

68.230.158.83:2061

(I've also tried without the :2061 but no success.)
I am playing in 2 other PB games (without any :xxxx suffix) and don't think my firewall is the problem.

Since some of you had success this way, I then tried Gamespy but that's also proving a nightmare.
When I go to the www.gamespyid.com page, I can log on fine.
However, when I try to get into Gamespy via the game (Civ4 or Warlords) I get nowhere. Here's what I do:
Start the game; select Multiplay; select Internet Games - which brings up a Gamespy login inset. I type in the same login name and password as my IGN when I log in via the URL. Then, whether using the inset window's Login button or the LOGIN at the bottom right of the main page, nothing happens. Absolutely nothing...:mad:

I really want to play in this game and don't want to delay the start. So can someone please help me sort out my connection problem?

John,

I set it up to go through the in-game Internet Games browser rather than direct connect. But it might be possible to do direct connect anyway, in which case try :2060 for this game. :2061 was a second test I had running but now is not.

I think you can get around your in-game login problem by creating a new account from within the game. When the wrong password is entered it just does nothing, as you describe. I've created three accounts since I was using two for pitboss testing and there doesn't seem to be any problem with multiple accounts. All were created within Civ4 rather than thru Gamespy.

Pagan

Got in through DirectIP and made my 1st turn.

Pagan, are you putting this game to Civstats? It would give better diplomacy interface + turn notifications.

Civstats is set up. Check your email for the top secret password to use to register your leader with your civstats acccount.

If that makes no sense to you, got to civstats.com, create yourself an account and then go to the Whirled of Whatcraft game.

It was working on GS and the Direct IP. The Direct IP is much faster and I can use with the Pitboslauncher aswell.

Johnhs use the IP

Ugh.

On weekdays prior to 4PM EDT I'm unable to do anything about downtime. I should know what the problem is in about two hours.

The pitboss timer had locked up, but at least I was able to save and restore so we didn't lose anything. Anyone know whether pitboss is more likely to lock up because civstats is running?

Before any wars start in this game it would be good to make clear how we deal with double turns in this game. Are they forbidden during war as in most other MP games?

I will be away for a break this weekend, so I will be missing 2 turns. However, I will leave enough things queued.

I am known as Firefox in my games.

Thanks.

My computer got struck by lighting and I have to replace some parts as a result I will be off-line until Monday 6th November 2006 and will be unable to do any moves or respond to any PBEM'S

Top Bottom