New Cumulative history Quiz VII

Pardon me Civ King. I was on the previous page and didn't see that you had posted the same answer.

Yes that's right, I was kind of hoping for more detailed answer, but am too lazy at the moment. It was in the middle of 17th century though.

They settled wastelands, but it didn't stop other farmers and officials harassing them. I think it speaks volumes about human mind: it doesn't matter whether your actions take away something from the others, more important is that you think differently, and it's the biggest crime you can do.

Citedon gets it

Thank you civ king.

In April of 1775, shortly after Lexington and Concord the Continental Army surrounded the British in Boston. The Americans forced the British to leave Boston by placing cannon on Dorchester Heights. From this vantage point the cannon could fire on Boston, the surrounding area, and the British fleet. In order for the plan to succeed, the cannon had to be placed along Dorchester Heights under the cover of darkness with the task being completed in one night. This was accomplished by using ingeniously designed portable breastworks which required virtually no digging. What is the name of the young officer who designed these breastworks?
Two hints – He later became the first Surveyor General of the United States. And he had a more famous cousin who was a general in the Continental Army.

Famous cousin...Rufus Putnam?

Rufus Putnam it is. That was fast! I honestly thought that would be a tough question.

A reenactor friend of mine did a paper on the Ohio Company for a class and she couldn't stop talking about him a few weeks ago. :p It was a good question though.

I suck at making questions for this, so it's up for grabs.

What time period is leaded glass from?

1450BC-550BC

But say1988's answer was my first choice :sad:

I'm new to this thread and I'm not sure if I'm jumping the gun but its been well over 72 hours. So here is a question:

In 1803 Robert Emmet tried to ignite a rebellion against British rule in Ireland by taking Dublin Castle the administrative centre of British Rule. His plan was to sneak into the castle in carraiges after dark. He recruited men from the nearby countryside however they came too early and Emmet told them to disperse accross the city and come back closer to the attack. Most did not return, why?

They were drunk?

Yes, great guess. It could be argued that the men were unimpressed with the lack of guns, but the main reason is they had nothing better to do so just filled up the pubs in dublin.

Top Bottom