Bug reports and technical issues

Playing as Ethiopia, I founded Catholicism and later Orthodoxy was founded somewhere else. My state religion then changed to Orthodoxy automatically before I could choose to convert or not.

My Ethiopia game crashed at 1300 AD, don't know the reason yet.

The save is 1 turn before gamecrash.

It somehow worked out and crashed again several turns later.

Leoreth, can you make the Byzantines unable to respawn? In my game they died in 690 AD and respawned in 1300 AD. The Turks just spawned in 1280 AD!

What revision is that save from?

Also, Byzantium's respawn should be limited to the Balkans, wasn't that the case? I'll prevent them from respawning for some turns after the Turkish spawn, however.

The lastest revision, downloaded several hours ago, with the new resources and stuff.

Also, Byzantium's respawn should be limited to the Balkans, wasn't that the case?
Yes, but then Turkey was left with 1 city, which is then NOT their capital but has palace in it.
Spoiler :

Problem fixed, I think the problem was that Turkey didn't have a capital.

The new resources were lacking icons there, this was likely the reason for your crash.

Not sure whether this intended or not, but Afonso Henriques has the Baibars/Mughal diplo music atm :p
It seems to be a bug, because I made peace with Naresuan, and heard some nice Thai music, but when I contacted him again, I heard the Baibars/Akbar diplo music.
You seem to have changed the Akbar music too :goodjob: But I have the same problem with it : when I zoom in on a city, I can hear it, but in the diplo screen it's still the old version.
And knights seem to have double movement in desert hills?
Paying money as Britain to get the Indian ports causes Riflemen to spawn, not redcoats (when the Mughals accept your offer).

Arabs start with Scholasticism, which requires Literature, which they don't have.

Hence they auto-revert to Animism in the second turn.

Suggest Arabs start with Fanaticism instead.

It happens to a lot of civs, starting with improper civics.

Not sure whether this intended or not, but Afonso Henriques has the Baibars/Mughal diplo music atm :p
It seems to be a bug, because I made peace with Naresuan, and heard some nice Thai music, but when I contacted him again, I heard the Baibars/Akbar diplo music.
You seem to have changed the Akbar music too :goodjob: But I have the same problem with it : when I zoom in on a city, I can hear it, but in the diplo screen it's still the old version.
The music still boggles my mind. For me it sometimes plays a song that I never actually included, for whatever reason.

And knights seem to have double movement in desert hills?
Paying money as Britain to get the Indian ports causes Riflemen to spawn, not redcoats (when the Mughals accept your offer).
Will look into it.

Arabs start with Scholasticism, which requires Literature, which they don't have.

Hence they auto-revert to Animism in the second turn.

Suggest Arabs start with Fanaticism instead.
Fixed.

You may also want to fix England (Scholasticism without Literature) and many others.

Thai starts with Urbanization but without Guild. They have Gunpowder but have neither Guild nor Education, which makes no sense. And they start with Vassalage without Feudalism.

Sorry, I should've posted everything in a single thread.

Notice the movement cost in desert for these mounted units.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

You can see what's wrong.

It's already fixed, but thanks :D

Spoiler :

A lot of civs start with the tyrany civic for expasion, which is kinda impossible I believe.

Whenever I try to start this mod, it tells me I have an invalid mod directory, and I've extracted it to the mods folder of BtS and everything. What's going on?

Whenever I try to start this mod, it tells me I have an invalid mod directory, and I've extracted it to the mods folder of BtS and everything. What's going on?
Make sure its directory name is exactly "RFC Dawn of Civilization".

And Leoreth, can you make Netherlands start with Resettlement as their expansion civic? Currently they start with Subjugation.

There are some tiles with TXT_KEY_REGION_-1's in the Caribbean.

Make sure its directory name is exactly "RFC Dawn of Civilization".

I did that and put it in the correct mods folder, but now it won't even open the game. It will show the loading screen and then do nothing afterwards.

I did that and put it in the correct mods folder, but now it won't even open the game. It will show the loading screen and then do nothing afterwards.
Can you provide more details?

Can you provide more details?

I have the file folder for RFC Dawn of Civilization extracted in my MODS folder, and the mod shows up when I open up the screen in regular BtS. However when I try to load the mod, it will show the loading screen and then nothing.

I'm using Windows 7 if that helps?

Top Bottom