Situations where you wish you chose Spain.

black213

Emperor
Sri Pada at Birka, Great Barrier Reefs at Sigtuna, Natural Heritage Sites passed.
Spoiler :

Oooohhh, real nice! :D I had a strike of luck like that in my first game as Brazil:
Spoiler :

Yes, that is The Fountain of Youth and El Dourado (first one to it, too!!) by turn 13...

And, even with these bonuses, I lost that game... I fail at Civilization...

PS: You might want to place your screenshot in a Spoiler - that way it doesn't distort the forum layout, which is rather annoying in screens with lower resolutions... :)

Oooohhh, real nice! :D I had a strike of luck like that in my first game as Brazil:
Spoiler :

Yes, that is The Fountain of Youth and El Dourado (first one to it, too!!) by turn 13...

And, even with these bonuses, I lost that game... I fail at Civilization...

PS: You might want to place your screenshot in a Spoiler - that way it doesn't distort the forum layout, which is rather annoying in screens with lower resolutions... :)

That must be the definition of sick... :goodjob:

Oooohhh, real nice! :D I had a strike of luck like that in my

That is such a broken start as Spain it's not even funny.

For my first Spain game ever, I could grab Lake Victoria for my 2nd city and old faithfull for my 3rd city. Also discovered these first. Lots of food, happiness, cash... yeah that was an easy game :)

Yeah now that Natural Heritage Sites is a thing, Spain sounds like it can easily be like, the best thing ever. Does their doubling of yields apply to the culture that brings?

It seems like every time you're not playing as Spain, you wish you were playing as Spain. :D

Yeah now that Natural Heritage Sites is a thing, Spain sounds like it can easily be like, the best thing ever. Does their doubling of yields apply to the culture that brings?

It seems like every time you're not playing as Spain, you wish you were playing as Spain. :D

Yep. +10 culture from all natural wonders.

Hopefully the AI isn't dumb enough to just let a Spain have all that. Though considering they tend to shoot down that one even if they have natural wonders of their own if an enemy has it too, and it appears they're actually kinda good at the diplomacy game now.

Unfortunately, all the computers dislike that world congress proposal. It isn't enough to get a negative modifier for it, but they will all vote against it unless you do some crazy diplomat action and spend a lot of money. I think Spain is a really good civ though. I've been seeing a ton of early natural wonders recently.

Unfortunately, all the computers dislike that world congress proposal. It isn't enough to get a negative modifier for it, but they will all vote against it unless you do some crazy diplomat action and spend a lot of money. I think Spain is a really good civ though. I've been seeing a ton of early natural wonders recently.

Yes, getting Natural Heritage Sites to pass required some vote buying... good thing that I got it before city-states add delegates. :)

And no one picks one with nature, so you are going to get tonnes of free faith

And no one picks one with nature, so you are going to get tonnes of free faith

That would've been a nice pantheon in my Sweden game but I decided to go Goddess of Hunt because of the abundant furs and deers in Stockholm and Helsinki (not seen in picture). It made the tundra start habitable and good.

I actually recently played a game as Spain when I had two natural wonders and I still didn't go for One With Nature. I had so much Wine and Incense available that Goddess of Festivals was a better options (marginally less faith but much more culture). Goddess of Festivals + Monasteries can be a pretty impressive combo.

Top Bottom