Domination Cheatery

Silverphil

Chieftain
Ok so on my first play through of BNW I was getting pwned, massive unhappiness due to early conquering of venice, england, spain the huns and rampant over expansion. I persevered though and finally got a workable civ by the 1940, earning tons of cash and many smileys. At this point I bum rushed all my "friends" on the technological advanced other continent and one by one captured (and held) all their capitals. After the final rush with the last of my horde (which we won by a hair) the game continues.

Basically I just want someone to see this and acknowledgment that I won. This has been the most frustrating game of civ I have ever played. Next time through I will focus more on culture cause it pissed me off to no end that I had to choice order even though freedom was better for my people.

Attachments

• 2013-09-03_00002.jpg
    2013-09-03_00002.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 85
  • 2013-09-03_00001.jpg
    2013-09-03_00001.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 156
The Inca capital belongs to France (screenshot 1).
But since BNW YOU must control all capitals to win by domination.
(In Vanilla and G&K the rules were "you must be the only one to control his own capital"; but that's history now".)

Well I guess it wasn't really announced anywhere and I can't recall having read any changelog ever on steam/the game itself (only on forums, so it's only natural to miss it).

The change addressed the issue that people would sell a captured capital to another AI to a) get additional money and b) reduce their unhappiness while still winning the game. In the end you could win by only having your own capital, and no other but the last capital you conquered under your control... so yeah, quite cheesy stuff and it's good they changed it now.

Top Bottom