Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

I've been playing Vietnam in the NQ Mod. The UA doesn't work in NQ. I was wondering how difficult it would be to give them a different UA (like all Gunpowder units start with double movement in jungle/forest) that could be used in balance-type mods?

NQ is mostly a MP mod but I really like how it balances out the Social Policy trees. A MP Vietnam on a Rainforest map is frightening :lol:

Let me see if I understood correctly. You are suggesting to change their UA to a weaker version of the Iroquois UA. An unique ability that per se is extremely weak already?

Really?

Let me see if I understood correctly. You are suggesting to change their UA to a weaker version of the Iroquois UA. An unique ability that per se is extremely weak already?

Really?

No I don't want the UA altered for Single-play. The UA messes with the GP generation which is probably the conflicts when you use them in this mod. They are still viable, even without a functioning UA. Just a sort of "MP alternate" Vietnam to play in NQ.

You should be more specific than "doesn't work" - what doesn't work? Does the GP gen not increase? Do the Honour policies not change food and culture? The latter could be because of the way the Lua is coded, and would be unavoidable; the former wouldn't have anything to do with the NQ mod and Database and Lua logs are needed.

Noticed a minor bug: In the Australia and Malaysia mods some city-states have been renamed (Sydney to Kingston, Melbourne to Luxembourg, Kuala Lumpur to Jolo?), but when you hover over the city-state with the mouse or click to go to the city-state screen, it still shows the old name. Not game-breaking but mildly annoying... not sure if there's an easy fix?

Noticed a minor bug: In the Australia and Malaysia mods some city-states have been renamed (Sydney to Kingston, Melbourne to Luxembourg, Kuala Lumpur to Jolo?), but when you hover over the city-state with the mouse or click to go to the city-state screen, it still shows the old name. Not game-breaking but mildly annoying... not sure if there's an easy fix?

Fixed in latest Malaysia update.

Since TPang didn't make an announcement, I guess I'll be the one to declare that Malaysia has been updated!

Rough patch notes:
  • Pesilat purchase now works, and will also work with CID and Mercs
  • Kampungs no longer require resources to be built; instead they consume an embarked worker, who then becomes one of the nomadic peoples. Note that the naval production modifier will still require naval resources or atolls
  • Workers can now upgrade when within 2 tiles of an enemy unit - note that sight isn't needed on the unit, following in suite of Firaxis' "spider sense" that Workers have
  • Admiral decision now works properly with the CP
  • Culture from excess food has been halved; balance feedback still appreciated
  • CulDiv soundtrack and splashes have been changed; the culture is still Islamic, however
  • UA now works as expected, not giving food to the city if the resource isn't within its borders or worked
  • Culture from food has been unified into one message for all cities, and No Longer Prints Globally!
  • Food from naval units is now represented with MCIS
  • Food from naval now contributes towards the UA's culture output
  • Cultural Development has been added
  • RER support added
  • "Some other stuff between making this file and release" :p

Not Sure why but it seems that for some reason when I have these mods selected, when I get to the setup page, the page breaks in the sense that I cant scroll down the list.

Not Sure why but it seems that for some reason when I have these mods selected, when I get to the setup page, the page breaks in the sense that I cant scroll down the list.

Please enable logging if you haven't already, activate the mods again, and upload your Database.log, XML.log and stopwatch.log (as well as a list of precisely which mods you're using, including non-CL ones). The setup screen scrollbar doesn't work if any civ has less than two uniques, which means that most likely a database error (probably from a mod conflict) is preventing one or more uniques from being added to the game.

>These mods

Useful. Post Database and Lua logs, along with an actual mod list, so that we can tell what's gone wrong.

[EDIT] Ninja'd, goddamn. Now my snark looks completely unreasonable :p

Typically this happens when you have a mod that doesn't have 2 uniques loading into the database -- which all CL mods have. However, if you're using something like EUI, it can mess around with how uniques load and, in some cases (like the Beothuk) wreck the setup.

Yeah, I'm getting the same problem with Malaysia's update wrecking the civilization picker scroll bar. I looked around a bit and saw LS' Japans had no uniques whatsoever. Loading things up again so I can provide logs. As for mods, I have like a hundred civs and the problem's going to be Malaysia not playing right with one of them. I did notice that the Philippines had been TXT_KEYed out for some reason. Maybe therein lies the issue?

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    126.7 KB · Views: 128
Okay, I did a bit more testing with the advanced setup to see what civs are missing uniques. I didn't check everything, but most of LS' Japans and the Philippines are missing uniques when Malaysia is enabled. I did mod the LS Japan set, and what was done is in the OP of this topic, if that would help shed some light on things http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=571423

Not that it explains why the untouched Shotoku, Kanmu, and Tokugawa lose their uniques...

With Canada, somehow, i don't get great voyageur as an UU. Instead, i got a thing called "Hunting for furs" instead. What's going on?

Related to that - when I have Canada enabled, their UUs are visible in the tech tree as separate units for anybody I'm playing (e.g., not Canada).

Related to that - when I have Canada enabled, their UUs are visible in the tech tree as separate units for anybody I'm playing (e.g., not Canada).

Y'see Neirai! I'm not mad! :p

Yeah, both are known issues that are being fixed currently.

Top Bottom