Fallout 4

It is perception that affects accuracy in VATS but not outside of VATS. I have agility 10, which gives action points to use in VATS and 6 perception often boosted up to 8. But that all does not matter. There's no point in using VATS, which I was doing first hours of the game and enjoyed it. Then I realized it's much easier to use VATS to find targets when:
1. I myself can't see them.
2. Insta-aim.
Then just exit VATS and instantly pop the trigger. BOOM! Raider gone. Kind of like quick scoping, but quick VATSing. If the target isn't moving then you just exit VATS and hit aim button aiming right on the target. All the time in the world. No need to actually move the thumb stick or mouse. Best of both worlds, VATS found the target for you and done the aiming then instead of taking that percentage chance, exit VATS and enjoy 100% aim. :rolleyes:

Maybe you shouldn't do that then.

Story of Bethesda games... If you find something that is half-assed, bugged etc., just don't do it. As of now I'm not doing VATS because it's 100 times easier to FPS, I don't do settlements and related quests, don't do companions, don't do buying or upgrading armor because there'll be raiders dropping better gear all the time and the gear is tied to level as always, and as of now I don't do main questline because upon certain detective coming back into office and calling certain secretary the said se retary runs into the room and stops one step short from teiggering conversetaion and just stands there or walks around awkwardly while certain detective awkwardly looking at her.

Good point about VATS, although I didn't realize it would aim for you. I don't do that. But I do use it to help find enemies or to tell from a distance if it's an enemy or friend... or mannequin LOL.

Upgrading armor can be very beneficial, although I'm running low on leather right now. Not sure where to find it other than baseball gloves and teddy bears. Maybe I can kill a few brahmin and get some. Since I'm going without power armor, I like to keep my armor in pretty good shape, I also have 4 ranks in toughness right now.

Are there any major cities in this game other than Diamond City and Goodneighbor? I found Bunker Hill, but that place seems pretty small. That seems to be what this game is missing. Maybe they thought settlements would make up for it, they don't.

edit: another beef with this game. Can't adjust the size the windows, item names for armor get extremely long, and just ends in ... but you can't tell if it's a right leg or right arm unless you equip it. I'd like to see the entire name of the item. This can be blamed on console interface and too large of text.

You can rename items you mod. First thing I do whenever modding a weapon. Leather is all over the place so that I can't even really say where to find it. Almost all animals. Scrap raider dropouts I dunno.

I find it funny they went with "season pass" thingy. I can understand this with multiplayer games, can imagine kids buying it for their CoD seeing as they will be playing it for a year. But with this? I'll be done with the game (twice if the replay-ability was good) long before any DLC comes out and one DLC certainly won't make me come back and do another run. Truly by the time I'll want to come back and make another run, it will be in around 2 years when all kind of GOTY editions with all 3 DLC are on sale for half the price if not less. :crazyeye:

Yes, especially the "misc" department where you can't throw away or store away many many things. All kinds of useless keys and crap. Less than half the map explored I have so much crap in that department, whenever I pick up something that goes in there and forget to memorize the name of the thing, I probably won't find it.

Apparently, a patch is now live on Steam...I'll be trying it out tonight, as I'm at work now...Hopefully it will fix a few bugs...

Yes, especially the "misc" department where you can't throw away or store away many many things. All kinds of useless keys and crap. Less than half the map explored I have so much crap in that department, whenever I pick up something that goes in there and forget to memorize the name of the thing, I probably won't find it.

No kidding, especially all of the holotapes which just get lost in the mess. Those used to be separated :/

and forget to memorize the name of the thing, I probably won't find it.

LOL too true. I made a point to remember the name of the holotape I wanted to play, or the book to read. Lately I've just been using the option to play the holotape directly rather than pick it up first. It saves a step of opening up the cumbersome pipboy.

As for DLC, doubtful I'll get any. While I loved fallout New Vegas, I felt the dlc in that game was lacking. 10 or hours of gameplay just isn't enough to tell a decent story. Not that Bethesda is much in telling stories in this game. I miss old school expansions. Most were around 30 hours, and was a decent enough amount of time to have an involved story and quests. Games such as Neverwinter Nights, and NWN2 had some good expansions. I also liked the expansion to Dragon Age: Origins. But those days are gone.

I'm guessing there are no other cities in this game? I did forget to mention the BOS "base", but I don't really count that as a city. I often like quests without violence to break up the action. Or just talking to people. As for the BOS, I do plan on getting their achievements, but I'll never back them completely.

I have figured correctly there is a way to get all the achievements in one play through. I was already planning for this, is why I was trying to avoid too many quests for one faction. Plus I don't like the whole radiant quest thing anyways. I am planning on reloads to get all the achievements. And yes, I won't finish any playthrough backing the BOS. Screw those guys. I didn't like being forced to work with them in Fallout 3. Their philosophy is flawed. Yeah I had to work with them in Fallout:Tactics, but that was a different type of game, and I enjoyed that game for what it was. Of course that means there's even less chance of replaying this game, but oh well. Despite its flaws, this game is damn addicting for me.

edit: damn patch. I need my fix now. I didn't click play fast enough before the patch started downloading.

Yeah its a huge PITA trying to sort through a lot of gear though.

I've seen people add a "-" before the name so it ends up first on the list.

As is to be expected from a major patch.

This one does it in a weird way though by overwriting your .INI files every time you launch the game. Not gamebreaking, from what I've read you can set your .INI files to read only so that it can't do so and then they'll work per normal, it's just one more step you now have to take to make mods work. At least I hope so, because I don't think I can play this game anymore if I have to go back to the default dialogue system.

I've seen people add a "-" before the name so it ends up first on the list.

I named them after my character, whose name (handily enough) was Aubrey.

I name my weapons and armor "Custom Sniper Rifle", "Custom Leather Right Arm" etc. I'm original like that.

Oh, very. ;)

I wish there was a way to decline quests. I was forced to accept 3 quests from Preston just so I could complete the quest Out of the Fire (which he didn't give me to be begin with, I got it just by saving a guy in the iron works place). Very annoying.

Even better would be if I would kill Preston Garvey. The single most annoying character ever.
Why did they think it would be fun to have a character continuously giving you quests you can't decline?

edit: I finally did find another "city" of vault 81. Funny you can rescue the cat, then kill the cat, and the little girl still acts like you saved her cat, even after you killed it. I also liked shaking down the little girl for more reward.

Top Bottom