Global Highland Challenge Pitboss

Sorry about the inconvenience, but I'm having other problems logging in. Smokey will be back on the 6th so would people object to the game being paused until then?

That is fine with me...I found the game paused today, and left it that way.

Hi guys,

I might miss (I have already :() some turns in the next two weeks because I can't access internet regularly. I tryed to play some from a friend place or with weirdo connection mean (neighbour wifi... :mischief:) but this isn't practical at all :). If you know someone who can sub me for a week or two, I'd be interested (my usual sub is already messing in that game :p)

Ras

I will be going for a short break from Sunday Afternoon to Thursday Afternoon, so I will not be playing my turns. Hopefully i can find a replacement, but if not, then no big deal.

EDIT. Bernout will be taking over for me.

Double move performed by Zorzak, reload requested (or at least a warning to him that it will not happen again)

I reloaded after Rusten played his turn. So Zorzak, CH (sub), Elkad, Munro have to replay their turn. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@ Zorzak, just to recall the "no double move" rule : When the war is declared, the turn order has to be respected, so that each player at war can successively play his turn. As I understand the situation with slaze, the turn order should be : slaze then Zorzak.
If exceptionally you cannot respect this rule, then your moves should not give you an advantage (moving twice faster to attack a city for example). Also, it would be nice to inform your opponent of that (via a message on the forum or a PM).

Double move performed by Zorzak, reload requested (or at least a warning to him that it will not happen again)

I reloaded after Rusten played his turn. So Zorzak, CH (sub), Elkad, Munro have to replay their turn. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@ Zorzak, just to recall the "no double move" rule : When the war is declared, the turn order has to be respected, so that each player at war can successively play his turn. As I understand the situation with slaze, the turn order should be : slaze then Zorzak.
If exceptionally you cannot respect this rule, then your moves should not give you an advantage (moving twice faster to attack a city for example). Also, it would be nice to inform your opponent of that (via a message on the forum or a PM).

Hello, well truly i know "double move" rule and i know that it looks like "not nice" in react to you, but i didn't know that this rule obligates in the process of war. I thought that this rule obligates ONLY "during starting a war". All my games in Civ i live in believe that i have to think 2 turns left to prevent this situation. I thought that this situation is normal becouse this is strategical game (by turns) and it can't be changed to any logical solution, why ? (about this later in this post). Speaking farther i thought that everyone know about this like me, but now i know that i was in wrong state.
Of course i agree to re-make this turn.

......well speaking farther about "2 turns left", let make an example: you making a turn, then i making a turn after you, next turn begin, and now i have to wait until you will make a second turn ? What in situation when you will make this second turn 1 minute before end turn (of course not-specially but becouse you normally can have no time in real life) normally blocks me to make my second turn ? It's un-logical i think. Well this situation of course can happend to you too, becouse third turn i can make first and you will make third turn after me and i can (of course not-specially but becouse i normally can have no time in real life) blocks you to make your third turn. Hmmm strange or i don't know everything about rules. Plz inform me to know better becouse i want justice and of course i don't want to use this "things" when it isn't "settled" in Civ law.
....hmm but i still thinking that this is problem in rules but becouse this is strategical game by turns :(
Explain me this strange situation please. THX and sorry again.

Many games typically say that the player moving first must get done in the first half of the turn time, and the player going second has the right to play once turn timer is halfway done, whether the first player has moved or not.

Is that in effect in this game?

Most of us try to negotiate a solution rather than move right at 11:59 of the turn timer if going second. The idea being to try to keep the turn order intact and avoid double moves.

dV

Many games typically say that the player moving first must get done in the first half of the turn time, and the player going second has the right to play once turn timer is halfway done, whether the first player has moved or not.

This is not a good solution, becouse as we all know noone of us sitting near computer 24h and sometimes making a turn with first or second half is impossible. By the way i think we don't have an output and of course i have to agree with this. :(

Although we hadn't spoken about it, I was going second in the order. Yesterday i had come home from work with ~30 min left and he hadn't gone yet. I did my turn and then he came in after and did his and then again quickly on the next turn. I am fine with the switch, I'll go first now. Zorzak, let's hold this order now.

This is not a good solution, becouse as we all know noone of us sitting near computer 24h and sometimes making a turn with first or second half is impossible. By the way i think we don't have an output and of course i have to agree with this. :(

As long as you are able to play at roughly the same time each day, you should find that in practice this just works. Because with a 24 hour game turn timer, the first half (or second half) when you are playing, always falls around the same time of day..

As long as you are able to play at roughly the same time each day, you should find that in practice this just works. Because with a 24 hour game turn timer, the first half (or second half) when you are playing, always falls around the same time of day..
Provided, of course, that the turn flip stays in the same place on the clock more or less. If everone actually plays at the same time each day, and one of those times is near the end of the timer, this will be true.

But if the last player plays with six hours left on the timer, the flip moves up by those six hours, throwing off the schedule. This can be overcome if one player completes their turn without hitting end turn, to be sure the turn flip stays in the same place.

dV

Sorry for not responding, I was away.
I reread the rules in the first page, and it is clear that the double move is not authorized during the whole war time. If the turn order cannot be maintained exceptionally, a "gentleman" behaviour is requested : notification of the rule break to the opponent (via forum or PM) and the reason for that.

Raskolnikov has not played 9 turns now...I know that he is moving house and will be without internet for a while, maybe a long while...so get a sub?

I didn't noticed Raskolnikov wasn't playing his turns. Thanks for the info Indiansmoke!
I'll send him a PM and pause the game for today.

Please, push again pause if you do your turn.

Top Bottom