New Leaders (art, personalities, diplomacy texts)

I think Philip should be seafaring and Charles V not seafaring, remember Charles V will also be a leader for Austria later, and that would be kinda strange.

EDIT: Anyway, I'm good with removing Markets, that was my concern (having markets and +1 trade routes). I think the trade routes make the trait better, +1 movement to naval units and the DPs also help on most maps. And as I have said before, this trait WILL NOT be evenly spread (it just doesn't make sense to have it as evenly spread as the others) so it will not hamper too many leaders into coastal empires anyway.

EDIT 2: I need some advice for the very last feature for Nomadic.

I would probably go with:

Seafaring:
  • +1 Movement for all naval units
  • DPS of Harbor, Customs House and Dry Dock (add Market if the trait is not strong enough in playtests)
  • Free Mobility and Sentry Promotions for Scouts and Explorers
  • +1 Trade Route in every city

Nationalistic:
  • +1 Happiness and +1 Culture per NW in city built (OR reduced cost of NWs if this is hard to code)
  • +2 Espionage Points in all cities
  • Double Production Speed of Jail, Mind Control Center, Intelligence Agency, Security Bureau
  • Minimal wait times between revolutions (only if it's not too memory-consuming to add in python)
  • Free Loyalty promotion for spies (after spy promotions are added)

Nomadic:
  • -50% Maintenence cost from distance from capital
  • +50-100% gold from pillaging
  • -25% War Weariness
  • Free Flanking promotion for mounted (and maybe naval - for pirate-like leaders)

Note here that I like the Looting promotion, just you can't have 2 different promotion for 2 different unit types.
If we want to go with Looting (altough the effect are the same that way too), we have to figure out another 4th bonus.
I think the first 3 bonuses are pretty good btw :goodjob:

Also, changes in original traits:
Protective: we wanted to add increased defence (thwart) against spies
Expansive: as Seafaring got Harbors, I would move Lighthouse from Organized here, and add your new Well building. Or add Aqueduct and Well, if you don't want to move Lighthouse
Aggressive: Seafaring got Drydocks too, so maybe add Stable here. Any better ideas for this?

Alright, just to sum up the previous suggestions, these leaders are the candidates for the new traits:

Nationalistic: Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Kim Jong-il, Hirohito, Franco, Pol Pot, Theodora, Ahmadenijad, Peron, Pinochet, Mobutu, Tito
Maybe Hussein and Idi Amin if we add those civs

Seafaring: Joao II, Dido, Harald Hardrada, Henry the Navigator, Maurits van Nassau, Kamehameha, Salamasina, Philip II, Canute, Elizabeth I or Victoria, Hiram
Maybe Suryavarman, Charles V, Johan de Witt

Nomadic: Genghis, Crazy Horse, Logan, Shaka, Attila, Arpad, Tamerlane, Nimi, one of the Apache leaders
Maybe Hiawatha, Pachacuti, Kublai Khan, Cetshwayo, Ruga, one of the Nubian leaders, both Aborigine leaders, many other native leaders

Could you translate all the mod's text into Spanish and German?

Yeah, but the vocabulary would be limited and it would be Austrian German and Peruvian Spanish :p I might make a couple of grammar mistakes. Those aren't my first languages as y'all can tell.

I don't know about the flanking promotion for mounted, the reason for that being that I want to keep that in my pocket for UUs, and also with the barracks, stable, military academy, and AoW it is kinda pointless to give them flanking when they'll probably get it anyway.

Stables is good for Aggressive.

I'll keep LH with organized.

I'll add Well to Expansive.

Alright, just to sum up the previous suggestions, these leaders are the candidates for the new traits:

Nationalistic: Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Kim Jong-il, Hirohito, Franco, Pol Pot, Theodora, Ahmadenijad, Peron, Pinochet, Mobutu, Tito (maybe Hussein and Idi Amin if we add those civs)

Seafaring: Joao II, Dido, Harald Hardrada, Henry the Navigator, Maurits van Nassau, Kamehameha, Salamasina, Philip II, Canute, Elizabeth I or Victoria, Hiram
Maybe Suryavarman, Charles V, Johan de Witt

I'd like to give either Washington or Lincoln nationalistic too.

I'd rather not give Charles V seafaring.

I'd like to give either Washington or Lincoln nationalistic too.

I'd rather not give Charles V seafaring.

Agreed on Lincoln. Nat/Cha would be great for him.
He's also a good example of the rare -good- nationalistic leaders. Sure, he did -some- evil... suspend habeas corpus, take control of Union media, etc... he's still remembered as a great man, and he was a great leader.

I also agree that Idi Amin and Hussein need Nat if we add Uganda and Iraq in modules. Hussein's kind of a poster boy for modern Nat dictators.

Personally, I think Victoria needs seafaring more than Liz does. When I think British navy, or heavy British colonization, Victoria usually comes to mind.
Not to say Liz isn't known for similar, Vicky is just sort of Old British Expansionism incarnate for me.

Alright, Victoria it is, and Lincoln has Nationalistic
Any other ideas?

TAdF, are you still here?
We should set up the traits in a way that the 3 new ones have as many possible combinations with the original ones as possible

For seafaring we have 12 or 13 leaders for the 11 original traits:
Joao II, Dido, Harald Hardrada, Henry the Navigator, Maurits van Nassau, Kamehameha, Salamasina, Philip II, Canute, Victoria, Hiram, Johan de Witt, maybe Suryavarman

For nationalistic 14+2 leaders:
Lincoln, Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Kim Jong-il, Hirohito, Franco, Pol Pot, Theodora, Ahmadenijad, Peron, Pinochet, Mobutu, Tito, maybe Hussein and Idi Amin later

For nomadic I would try to find trait combos for these first:
Genghis, Crazy Horse, Logan, Shaka, Attila, Arpad, Tamerlane, Nimi, one of the Apache leaders
Not sure on these ones yet: Hiawatha, Pachacuti, Kublai Khan, Cetshwayo, Ruga, one of the Nubian leaders

For Theodora I would definitely go with Creative, as other Nationalistic leaders won't get that

For Nomadic this is what I'd go with definitely (I have omitted modular leaders for now) Genghis, Crazy Horse, Logan, Shaka. This is partially why I don't know about this trait, there just aren't really that many leaders that fit it, unless you double up on each of these civs. I would say we should have an early Arab leader as nomadic (perhaps Abu Bakr) but by the time he was in power they had already pretty much set up an Empire.

EDIT: Duh, how could we forget, Joshua.

EDIT 2: Maybe Clovis, but now we're stretching here.

For Nomadic this is what I'd go with definitely (I have omitted modular leaders for now) Genghis, Crazy Horse, Logan, Shaka. This is partially why I don't know about this trait, there just aren't really that many leaders that fit it, unless you double up on each of these civs. I would say we should have an early Arab leader as nomadic (perhaps Abu Bakr) but by the time he was in power they had already pretty much set up an Empire.

I'm fine with doubling up on civs.
The Roman leaders are all Imp, and that's fine.
Sometimes a trait fits an entire civ (Seafaring for Phoenicia, Imperialist for Rome, etc.)

With Joshua, that means 5 leaders from the base civs.
And we were alreaddy considering Kublai, Pachacuti, Sitting Bull and Cetshwayo too

We have 8 nationalistic leaders there, so I don't think we have to worry about not enough leaders. We don't really think Clovis and Abu Bakr for nomadic IMO
Also, with the modpacks, nomadic will be the mostly used trait from the 3 new ones...

Btw, Joshua just gave me an idea: wouldn't Ben-Gurion be good for Nationalistic?

I'm fine with doubling up on civs.
The Roman leaders are all Imp, and that's fine.
Sometimes a trait fits an entire civ (Seafaring for Phoenicia, Imperialist for Rome, etc.)

My goal is to have max 2 same traits for each civ. Of course we can change this in some cases if really necessary, but this is the priority in our "trait balancing"

I think perhaps changing the name of the trait could help ease my worries. I don't really know what it could be called though.

Yeah, I also not satisfied with the name. No good ideas for that though :(

My goal is to have max 2 same traits for each civ. Of course we can change this in some cases if really necessary, but this is the priority in our "trait balancing"

Yeah, I also not satisfied with the name. No good ideas for that though :(

Decentralized, but that sounds dumb.

Alright, then put together this Nationalistic trait first

Leaders: Lincoln, Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Kim Jong-il, Hirohito, Ben-Gurion, Franco, Pol Pot, Theodora, Ahmadenijad, Peron, Pinochet, Mobutu, Tito, maybe Hussein and Idi Amin later

With this many leaders I think we should use all the trait combos, and don't have the same trait combo for 2 base civ leaders (Lincoln, Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Kim Jong-il, Hirohito, Ben-Gurion, Franco, Pol Pot, Theodora). Of course Theodora is not sure yet, but we won't have any other Creative and Nationalistic leaders anyway

These were TAdF's previos suggestions:
Mahmoud Ahmadenijad (Nat/Cha or Nat/Ind)
Mao Zedong (Nat/Org)
Stalin (Nat/Ind)
Hitler (Nat/Agg)
Peron (Nat/???)
Franco (Nat/Cha or... since he attempted at least... Nat/Fin.)
Hirohito (Nat/Imp)
Also, the already mentioned Theodora should be Creative

What I think we should definitely have: Stalin as Ind, Hirohito as Imp, Theodora as Cre, Lincoln as Cha, Hitler as Agg, Mao as Org

Any chance for a Phi or Spi leader here?

Edit: Hm, maybe Lincoln could be Phi and we can add Cha/Fin to Franco and Fin/Exp to Ben-Gurion
Also, who could be Pro?

Edit2: Even better if Pol Pot is Phi, Lincoln remains Cha, Franco is Fin, Ben-Gurion is Spi (if not suits him than Pro)
If we go this way still missing protective and expansive, and did not use Kim Jong-il

Edit3: Alright, I came up with this, but it's far from perfect. If somewhere it's inappropriate, feel free to change it
Base leaders:
Stalin - Nat/Ind
Mao - Nat/Org
Hitler - Nat/Agg
Hirohito - Nat/Imp
Lincoln - Nat/Cha
Ben-Gurion - Nat/Spi - maybe Exp or Pro if can't be Spi
Franco - Nat/Fin
Pol Pot - Nat/Phi
Kim Jong-il - Nat/Pro - if Ben-Gurion is Pro we have to change this too
Theodora - Nat/Cre

Other leaders: Probably Suharto and Marcos should be Nationalistic too
Ahmadenijad - Nat/Ind
Mobutu - Nat/Org
Pinochet - ?
Peron - ?
Tito - ?
Suharto - ?
Marcos - Nat/Pro
Hussein - Nat/Imp
Idi Amin - Nat/Cha

We need an Exp somewhere to have all combos, and shouldn't use any combo more than 2 times

Top Bottom