New NESes, ideas, development, etc

We all liked the old one, but sadly, it has gone :(. REVIVE STNNES7!!!

Anyways, I really like the idea of pre-history, pre-nes nes, terrish. I hope you pursue that. And if not, then may I "borrow" it sometime?

Jason

defently going to do it. the starting thread should be up in about a week, maybe less,, once I hammer out a few more details. and write the intro story.
and I don't mind if you borrow it.

I'm beginning to think a Mars colonization/terraformation NES wouldn't be that exciting. Being on an undeveloped Mars means that conflict will be hard to create between humans. It's not like your riflemen and tanks can march on the enemy's capital, after all...in fact, I'd be surprised if there were tanks on an undeveloped Mars.

I'm beginning to think something along the lines of "Skies of Arcadia", but that has problems all its own what with the "sea" being the sky. Empires of the Sea is dead in the water until I can figure out how to combine the tech trees. Rise of Galactic Empires Reset isn't going to happen any time soon. Maybe something fantasy/steamtech-ish? *tilts head* Blaaaah.

Global Nexus said:
Rise of Galactic Empires Reset isn't going to happen any time soon.
Nooooooooo! Curses!

Nope!

I really want a modern age story Nes that get's updated frequently (as the one's running now aren't updated all that much). In fact, I want one so bad I'm willing to take the time to mod one. Is anyone interested? I'm open to any ideas, though I kind of have an "Age of Terror" Nes in mind (already have the story for USA and Russia in my mind, just need to figure out how to hold off technology [solar flare/robots turning evil?] So yesh . . . I want a modern age Nes . . . really really badly!

Is there any interest for a

NES?

Since the Medieval one I wanted to do is not going to happen any time soon, and I have a few maps for this one, we could get a Star Wars NES rather quickly...

The Ewoks, not having space flight and being isolated to a moon of a planet that is farther away from the galactic core than Tatooine, will not be very important in the grand scheme of things, having already played their part in the history of the galaxy about five years before the start of the NES, if it happens.

Nope!

Yes, it is, or at least did, until it did collapse and the GFFA went in its place: first on Mon Calamari, and then to Yuuzhan'tar/Coruscant. This is set right around the beginning of the Thrawn campaigns, right after Sluis Van.

Nope!

Okay. Five years after the battle of Endor, the New Republic is menaced by the remnants of the Imperial Navy, led by a Grand Admiral named Thrawn, who appears in my av. He's freaking brilliant, since he is a Grand Admiral, and not all of the Imps are overpromoted like RL's workforce. Anyway, he basically tries to steal Republic ships at the shipyards of Sluis Van and so opens a grand offensive that almost brings the Republic to its knees.

The GFFA is from the New Jedi Order series, about twenty-one years after Endor, where an extragalactic alien species called the Yuuzhan Vong come in, smash the New Republic, and then the remainder of the galaxy unite in the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances, and at the battles of Ebaq 9, Mon Calamari, Muscave, Coruscant, and Zonama Sekot, finally beat the invaders.

I'd play a Star Wars NES.

Nope!

KoToR era NES would be good,I'm tired of the normal SW.

Cleric said:
KoToR era NES would be good,I'm tired of the normal SW.
That's a little harder to do because the tech is ambiguous. Will resurrect the old preview thread to post more ideas.

Top Bottom