W.I.N.T.E.R's Makings Thread

I know, I know- its taking a long time (and I have less than I would like to have these days)... but there is some progress :)

Note: Kaga and Shokaku by Wyrmshadow to show how the new ones will blend in,
scale may be subject to final adjustment, Akagi and Hosho are final

Very nice IJN fleet additions; as said previously, it is great to see this part of the unit world growing. The lines are nice and clean.

Zoom=200%

Something different this time... the colour is still not right- but perhaps one might guess...

Did this guy die Winter. Your fine soldiers have been missed and after looking over this ageless thread I just must ask what happend to this East-German or whatever he was supposed to be.....

?? Did the British SMG end up in the long awaited SOE or ???

Sorry to bump up this long ago picture but I just want to know.
OK PM Winter you say, but then I don´t think I am alone on this, OR....

Oh, yes- I had indeed forgotten about htis guy here. Its still somewhere on my Hard Drive, me thinks. I'll have to check to what degree I got him done...

The British SMG? Duno- but a British HMG and PIAT have been added to SoE... If SoE doesn't hit the virtual shelves any time soon I'll release my infantry units ahead of it.

The Moltke ran aground in some shallow waters and is at port in its dry dock. It is still "on" though. What I have been doing before being able to continue with the Moltke, was to experiment with some less problematic units (some Japanese Carrier has been fitted with Civ colours and is currently in the animation process. Lacking more sophisticated 3d tools/support it will be a somewhat simple unit as far as the animations are concerned- don't expect any starting/landing planes or fancy death animation - in fact, I'd greatly welcome it if someone could make a simple sinking animation for it (just some "sea-swallows-sinking-ship" thing would suit nicely)...

Oh, yes- I had indeed forgotten about htis guy here. Its still somewhere on my Hard Drive, me thinks. I'll have to check to what degree I got him done...

The British SMG? Duno- but a British HMG and PIAT have been added to SoE... If SoE doesn't hit the virtual shelves any time soon I'll release my infantry units ahead of it.

YES Winter on both issues. I think the 1000 units Wyrmshadow realesed was the lot he did for SOE. I wishing everyday I look to see the release but my hearts sinks lower each time. The fear of the fatal end before realese is perhaps imminent. They must have a mind of steel to still working on it.....

Really, really, really great units!!!

Combined with the units of Wyrmshadow my mod is virtually ready!!:woohoo:

I know, I know- its taking a long time (and I have less than I would like to have these days)... but there is some progress :)

Note: Kaga and Shokaku by Wyrmshadow to show how the new ones will blend in,
scale may be subject to final adjustment, Akagi and Hosho are final

Wow! I just saw these myself. What is the progress on these, especially Kaga, Taiho and Ryujo. Are they still active projects? I haven't seen them posted anywhere.

Kaga = Has already been done (see Wyrmshadow's WWII Navy thread)
Akagi = Almost done
Taiho = On halt
Ryujo = In queue

Bayern has priority

Woops, actually I mean't Akagi and not Kaga. I do have Kaga already

It's good to know that such excellent ships are on their way! I can't wait to download them for the WaW mod! :)

Taiho looks really cool also... (hint, hint)

Wow!! I already have 510 megas only in units of WW1 and WW2!! Without the Air Forces!!!

Stop making units because I will not stop to download them!!:lol:

The Moltke ran aground in some shallow waters and is at port in its dry dock. It is still "on" though. What I have been doing before being able to continue with the Moltke, was to experiment with some less problematic units (some Japanese Carrier has been fitted with Civ colours and is currently in the animation process. Lacking more sophisticated 3d tools/support it will be a somewhat simple unit as far as the animations are concerned- don't expect any starting/landing planes or fancy death animation - in fact, I'd greatly welcome it if someone could make a simple sinking animation for it (just some "sea-swallows-sinking-ship" thing would suit nicely)...

It´s 6 months later and I do believe SOE are looking very gleam. Winter would you consider all the infantry you got hidden away on your HD, before it crashes like so many has done with valuable stuff on it.
The HMG british and such....

Still hoping that you will realese very soon

Oz, you know where you can find us. :)

Top Bottom