New Civilization Like Game

FenixUnlimited

Chieftain
Hi, I am planning to make a game that is civilization style, but it will be focused on a strong AI, and will have a simulated economy, based on offer/demand. I will appreciate any comments on this idea.
And when the game becomes payable, I will invite you to play test it to get your feedback and correct/enhance it.
Thanks in advance.
Néstor

Hi, I am planning to make a game that is civilization style, but it will be focused on a strong AI, and will have a simulated economy, based on offer/demand. I will appreciate any comments on this idea.
And when the game becomes payable, I will invite you to play test it to get your feedback and correct/enhance it.
Thanks in advance.
Néstor

You mean like Offworld Trading Company?

You mean like Offworld Trading Company?

Similar. It will have dynamic prices determined by supply and demand. It will have military units like civiization. I was thinking also to have a private and public economy, where you control the public directly an the private is influenced indirectly.

Regards

Thanks in advance.
Néstor

So based upon that, you could have a maintenance mechanic - example:

- Lets say in the ancient era you have a per civ cap of 2 swordsman.
- Every swordsman over that number contributes to a world total, which is capped according to number of civ's and size of map. In this example, lets say the world is standard and the number of civs is set to 5.
- Total world swordsman allowed is 10 in excess of per civ cap of 2.
- Every swordsman produced in excess of the world cap increases the cost of every swordsman beyond the 2 per civ allowed by 10% in both hammers and gold. This effect is cumulative: 1 extra = 10%, 2 extra = 20% etc.

eg - Civ A has 5 Swordsman. 2 Free ones with 3 extra charged at 30% more than their starting 2. A 6th swordsman would cost 40% more and once complete raise maintenance charges to 40% on teh per civ cap.

You could add the offer of trading your starting allowance of swordsman for diplomatic points - 2 swordsman = 2 diplomatic points. Each civ has a list of things you can buy depending on how good friends you are with them:

2 diplomatic points = free religion spread
3 diplomatic points = free technology
4 diplomatic points = defensive pact
5 diplomatic points = military alliance

So based upon that, you could have a maintenance mechanic - example:

- Lets say in the ancient era you have a per civ cap of 2 swordsman.
- Every swordsman over that number contributes to a world total, which is capped according to number of civ's and size of map. In this example, lets say the world is standard and the number of civs is set to 5.
- Total world swordsman allowed is 10 in excess of per civ cap of 2.
- Every swordsman produced in excess of the world cap increases the cost of every swordsman beyond the 2 per civ allowed by 10% in both hammers and gold. This effect is cumulative: 1 extra = 10%, 2 extra = 20% etc.

eg - Civ A has 5 Swordsman. 2 Free ones with 3 extra charged at 30% more than their starting 2. A 6th swordsman would cost 40% more and once complete raise maintenance charges to 40% on teh per civ cap.

You could add the offer of trading your starting allowance of swordsman for diplomatic points - 2 swordsman = 2 diplomatic points. Each civ has a list of things you can buy depending on how good friends you are with them:

2 diplomatic points = free religion spread
3 diplomatic points = free technology
4 diplomatic points = defensive pact
5 diplomatic points = military alliance

Good idea.
But I was thinking the mainteinance based upon the resources/products that requires the unit. For example, a swordman requires food, money, a little bit of iron (for reparations), etc. So if one of these resources is not in your civ, then the unit is disbanded. The cap is defined by the quantities of each resource available in your civ.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards
Néstor

Top Bottom