NYURDRMS WARLORDS Pitboss Game

I am currently running both versions of Warlords, patched and unpatched. I am ready, anytime you get the game back up. I dont know if the new version 208 pitboss works. I tried a test with the one that is in the game,pitbossv208and it seems to work ok. Friaxis fixed it with the patch?.

I've got my dual-patch going too, so I'm also ready.

And I've got confirmation from a couple other PTBS games I'm in. All you have to do is patch, and the load the game and it should all start up just fine.

Sounds good, thanks for the help everybody. I will try to get it started today at noon, but it might end up pushing to later in the day. I will try to PM or email everybody once it is back online. Sorry.

Chad

OK guys, Server should be coming back up in a couple of minutes. Please make sure you have version 2.08 running. For those of you that are still playing in games that are running 2.00, see the post below that I copied from another thread. You can set up two versions of the game until the rest of your PB games get converted over:

1. Open windows explorer, and navigate to C:\program files\firaxis games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\

2. You should now see a folder called Warlords, right click and drag that to your destop, when you release your mouse it will give you the option of copy or move please chose copy. You now have a copy of the original ver 200 folder.

3. Click on the folder name on the desktop folder, and change it to Warlords200, hit enter to finish the change.

4. Now move(not copy) that folder back into the "Sid Meier's Civilization 4\" folder, you should now have a Warlords folder and a Warlords200 folder.

5. Now you can feel free to patch via the WL's lobby or D/L from a fan sight. Unfortunately the Firaxis installers will only patch the WL's version that was originally installed, and it has no option to change folders. Which means that it will patch the orginal Warlords folder to 208.

6. Now you can create a shortcut to the exe in the Warlords200 folder to your desktop and after renaming it warlords200 you will now have a shortcut to 200 and the original 'Launch Civ4 Warlords" shortcut will launch ver 208, you can rename that shortcut Warlords208 if you like as well.

Now your off to the races, just becareful never to enter the MP lobby with ver200 or it will want to autopatch, just use 200 for your PBEM or DirectIP MP games.

Cheers CS
http://www.myleague.com/civ4players/
Forums http://civ4players.proboards44.com/index.cgi

Please PM me with any problems.

Thanks,
Chad

I just joined using version 208 no problem. One question, which pitboss app did you use, and new fixed version or the one thats in version208?

Not sure, I just patched the pitboss server with the patch, is there another version?

I got in fine also just told my files dont match when they did before.:confused:

And for that question I used the in-game update link.

Hey Guys,

I will take the server down for the Thanksgiving weekend today after the turn is done.

I will restart the server Sunday morning at 10 am eastern.

I think this will be easier to all.

By the way, since we are taking the server down, does anybody know how to change the timer. I would like to try to get it to make turns every 24 hours.

There is a utility called saveconvert that you can find with a search in this forum. It's pretty easy to use and will do the trick nicely.

Any reason for the change? I like the pacing we've had for this game so far.

Thanks Fosse, I just want it to get closer to a real 24 hour per turn game, it seems to be off by a couple of hours and changes the turn time each turn.

Looking at the Civstats page it looks like the turns are actually running long, not short, all passing in about 25 hours, so the answer would be to shorten the turns a bit instead of lengthen them. It is obnoxious that Pitboss won't keep the turn length true, but it's easy enough to deal with thanks to saveconvert.

Hmm.........got timed out twice trying to connect......6 hrs left on clock, played my other pitboss games and now off to work. Will miss my turn.....argh!!!!!!!! :)

Sorry for the confussion everybody. I thought it would be easier on everybody to take it down for the holidays. I know we have people that aren't in the US, sorry for the delay.

I have converted the save game to 20 hour turns now from 22. Hopefully this will keep us closer to the same time each turn, easier on everybody.

Server is getting MS updates right now and will be back up in a few.

Good luck,

Chad

I don't know what it is, but I"m getting Out of Sync errors after only a minute or of play. It's taken me three log ins so far just to make my moves.

NYURDRUMS, what has changed since you took it down since Thanksgiving? Ever since then I get OOS errors after just a minute or so every time I log into your game. It's very frustrating (and slows it down for everyone) to have to log in and back out again repeatedly. Yours is the only server this is happening on.

If nothing is changed, would you mind restarting the server? Maybe that'll just magincally fix it, as sometimes is the case. If it keeps up I'll have to drop this game soon, as when turns start taking longer it will become unbearable.

Thanks,
Fosse

Top Bottom