Warhammer Conversion Beta - Download/Debug Thread

Ok, ive found a fix for the Kislevs enslaving enemies. there was a 50% chance of units being captured after combat on the Commando Promotion, and all Kislevite units start with that promotion :p ill put that fix in my Spell system update.

There's a gameplay mechanics bug here. If you attack and defeat worker, there's a 50% chance that you'll get 2 workers. For example in hotseat this way we made 20 workers in few turns...

Also some "bugs"?

1) I noticed other neutral empires has "-1/-2" diplomacy to me because I am neutral (too), isn't it strange?

2) The oak of ages looks way too different when you zoom to it. You know, there's a zoom level where all textures become "smoothed" for better perfomance. Well, if you zoom to Oak of ages, it changes its branches position and length. It looks not really good.

If you want, I have screenshots for both situations.

im actually trying to design new art for the oak of ages now :p

the neutrals not liking other neutrals is strange, though im not sure where to look to fix that one, ill check it out anyway :)

There's a gameplay mechanics bug here. If you attack and defeat worker, there's a 50% chance that you'll get 2 workers. For example in hotseat this way we made 20 workers in few turns...

im not sure i follow you. do you mean that by attacking a single worker you capture 2? and is that with the Kislevites or another civ?

im not sure i follow you. do you mean that by attacking a single worker you capture 2? and is that with the Kislevites or another civ?

It's really simple. I had it with the ogres, they have commando too.
1) You attack and defeat a worker. It gives you a defeated unit with 1/5 of its strength (i think 1/5) with 50% chance.
2) Game mechanics grant you a worker, because if not barbarian/HN unit defeats worker, its master gains the new worker unit (defeated).
3) You end with 2 workers - 1 usual and 1 damaged (yeah, now you can see the icon "fortify until healed" on workers too :)).

It's not for Kislev, it's for Commando promotion (which seems a bit overpowered with this option).

'-' for neutral and Oak of ages screenshots
Spoiler :

- by slann for my ogres

oak of ages

closer

There's a bug with the black and chaos dragon buttons. I think they're swapped, sou you should swap them again =). At least look at the horns and the spikes on their heads.
Spoiler :

2)
Goblin Archer mob is called Goblin Arrer mob

It's really simple. I had it with the ogres, they have commando too.
1) You attack and defeat a worker. It gives you a defeated unit with 1/5 of its strength (i think 1/5) with 50% chance.
2) Game mechanics grant you a worker, because if not barbarian/HN unit defeats worker, its master gains the new worker unit (defeated).
3) You end with 2 workers - 1 usual and 1 damaged (yeah, now you can see the icon "fortify until healed" on workers too ).

Ok, thanks. i forgot to add the fix for that into the last patch. it will DEFINATELY be in the next patch ;)

for neutral and Oak of ages screenshots

I dont understand how the Oak of ages has 2 different types of art. if it wer up to me i would only have the zoomed in version without the flat version. im working on new graphics for it anyway :p

as for the neutral thing, im still looking into how the relations work. i think the reason some neutral civs dont like each other is more of a racial basis than alignment.

Goblin Archer mob is called Goblin Arrer mob

Locust is right :p perhaps we need an apostrophy in there somewhere?

So we need it i guess. Because it's strange-looking in the civilopedia =).
So "arrer" like "boyz"?

And I think the glitch with the Oak is because of low detalization of the "far" version* (you should notice, when you zoom out EVERY thimk becomes to look a bit less detailer (like 2 different types of textures for terrain - 128 when it's far, and 256 when it's close).

* Or if you can't edit two different versions and the "far" version is calculated by the hardcoded-mechanism, then it's an issue caused by the Sid's type of rendering and just a cosmetological glitch, so forget about it =).

Noticed the OoA texture LoD swap too, but thought it was just me. 'cause my backup monitor has very low contrast low brightness I have detailed textures off.
Funny thing is that the normal trees keep their high definition foiliage, while the OoA goes into low-rez.
Seems the dds conversion has gone wrong or a level of definition parameter is set too low (if it can be manipulated for individual objects)

--

ps Don't forget how oaks look: their overall structure is cauliflower shaped and in horizontal tiers, heavy branches. the overal shape of a huge oak usually lookes quite like the outline of one of its leaves. Solitary oaks (that have no neighbours and thus room to expand), will have a broad shape.
..This because I remember that the high definition texture showed needles.. ;)

Hia Guys, my internets back :)

A problem with Sylvania, as they are agnostic they can't research necromancy as they are not allowed to change there state religion. Also is the a mechanism at the moment to give "eternal life" to sylvania, because if the is I didnt meet/trigger it. And how do I get Necromancy 2 to my Henge wizards, I could give them necromancy 1 but not 2.

Edit: Everytime I try to play Araby I get a CDT.

A problem with Sylvania,

interesting. agnostic shouldnt restrict them to not being able to research necromancy, ill look into this. and the idea of Slvania being agnostic is that the vampires dont really have a faith. they dont believe in life after death, they only believe in power etc. whereas khemri believe that becoming undead is some form of afterlife. i have disabled Hedge wizards spells for the moment. i need to come up with some decent, basic, generic spells for them. i assume your playing the spells mod too?

Everytime I try to play Araby I get a CDT.
is there an error message? what do oyu do before the crash? ie what do you click when it CTDs?)

thanks for the bug reports :D

You need a state religion of eternal life to research necromancy.

As for araby half way through loading my comp says that Civ 4 encountered a problem and needed to load

I got a event saying that my "heriditary dynasty has died out". There was 3 options. I chosed the first option, that would give me a Great General. But i recieved a Great Sage. The sage wasn't even one of the options.

Might be a good idea to delay the emergence of nagash to his own time period (magic era)
I just had him appear in turn1 next to my capital in the darkages.
If he leaves his castle-lair my fledling dwarfempire is pebbles.

hmm. he doesn't do anything. but blow glowing blue smoke-rings. MAybe he'll come out when his warpstone-opium runs out.

edit: I've had this twice now: earthquake event shows two choices :destroybuilding or kill population, eventhough there's plenty people it won't let me choose 'kill'. maybe there are hidden restrictions on allegiance and/orcivics but I feel lazy. ;)

"heriditary dynasty has died out".

thats strange.

im going to have to write up a to do list of all these bugs :s

ill look into Nagash at some point too (the reason he only blows smoke rings is because there are currently no Necromancy spells for him to cast except dispel magic (blue smoke rings)

should I mention that my hedgewizard with naturesong can't use the spell?

Top Bottom