Honorable mentions:

177 hours - Just Cause 2
134 hours - Empire: Total War
130 hours - Medieval II: Total War
115 hours - Tropico 4
112 hours - Wargame: Airland Battle
111 hours - Fallout 3

After that it dips below 100 hours.

holy smokes you can put that many hours into don't starve? Is it a random generated rogue like? I thought it was a short game.

XCOM - 682 Hours
Left for dead 2 - 599 Hours
Civ 5 - 512 hours
Skyrim - 240 hours
Dragon age origins - 190 hours
Might & Magic heroes VI - 187 hours
Beyond Earth - 54 hours
Mass effect - 44 hours
GTA San Andreas - 36 hours
Half life 2 - 30 hours

And at the bottom (Excluding ones i have never played):

Magika - 0.3 hours
Hotline Miami - 0.4 hours
Europa Universallis 3 - 1.5 hours

My top 8:

Europa Universalis IV - 289
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - 235
Killing Floor - 211
Civilization IV Beyond the Sword - 189
Burnout Paradise - 66
Crusader Kings II - 54
Deus Ex - 50
Sim City 4 - 48

50 seems like a good cutoff for one that I keep coming back to. I included SC4 since most of that is related to the currently-on-hiatus succession session here at CFC. Some are inaccurate due to being offline, leaving it up while AFK, etc.

Other noteworthy ones that are mostly/entirely non-Steam:

Civilization III: Probably still the most by a good margin. I had a single game that nearly equaled EU4's total Steam time.
Europa Universalis III: Not sure if I've played EU3 or EU4 more overall, but I played EU3 a lot from 2011 - 2013.
Age of Empires II/III: I do have III on Steam, but most of the time with III and all of it with II is the CD version.
Railroad Tycoon II: I think I've played every scenario in the Platinum version at least once, and a lot of them many times.

It does vary a lot by year. Of my current top 8, CKII is the one I've played the most this year. I suspect several of them will have hardly changed by the end of the year.

My supposed top 13, latest edition:

Football Manager 2012 - 2033
Europa Universalis 3 - 363
Medieval 2: Total War - 277
Kerbal Space Program - 239 (I played many hundreds of hours before it was on steam, should be #2 on this list)
Football Manager 2011 - 206
Europa Universalis 4 - 184
Cities XL 2011 - 141
Sid Meiers Civilization 5 - 182
Terraria - 181
Banished - 88
Train Fever - 50
Crusader Kings 2 - 43
Cities XL Platinum - 43

For some reason the online game hours counter gives me totals from like.. 2 years ago. So I went through and updated all the hours to what is actually reported in the steam client.

It's nice because I posted in this thread in the summer 2013 (see post below), so I can compare what 18-20 months changed..

Civ 5 - 294 hours (50 hours in the past year or so, played a few games, had a phase).
Skyrim - 199 hours (I only recently started playing again after getting the DLC)
Dragon Age Origins - 123 hours (didn't play)
Dark Souls II - 119 hours (The main new addition, a game series that has made it in my top 10 of all time)
Fallout New Vegas - 112 hours (Have been trying to slug through the DLC)
Borderlands 2 - 98 hours (bumped the first game, lots of coop)
Dark Souls 1 - 73 hours (new addition, like I said...)
Empire Total War - 70 hours (haven't touched it)
Borderlands 1 - 69 hours (haven't touched it)
Left 4 Dead 2 - 69 hours (1 hour more!)

I have many games, and a lot have 20-60 hours. I wish I'd find that game that made me passionate like when I was 10-16 years old and spend... hundreds of hours. I guess Dark Souls comes close. But the easy access to games nowadays, along with having income... well... I end up trying many different games and never seem to play enough of, say, strategy games, in order to become acquainted with them enough for my taste.

Mine is all screwed up because I often play games in offline mode and somehow that doesn't seem to count. I don't see any Borderlands 2 for instance, played that a bunch offline. There seems to be a lot of missing hours for some of the games that don't even show up in the top 10 and for some that do. Still not that many hours, I seem to have a lot of games in the 20-40 hours range though, hundreds of games in the library, you're gonna have to spread your hours across more games I suppose... Also, the other day I played 4 hours of Crusader Kings II online and these hours didn't even register on my total. It just doesn't seem super reliable.

Civ 5 - 220 hrs
Skyrim - 177 hrs
Dragon Age Origins - 123 hrs (I was a complete pirate and evil person who deserves corporate flaying because I allowed my girlfriend to play through the game on my account, in our own house).
Fallout New Vegas - 87 hrs
Empire Total War - 70 hrs
Borderlands 1 - 69 hrs
Left 4 Dead 2 - 68 hrs
Titan Quest Immortal Throne - 47 hrs
Assassin's Creed II - 46 hrs
Team Fortress II - 46 hrs (lolwut I probably played this at least 300 hours before some sort of reset or before the recording of hours started).

Top Bottom